Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "This is what we need to make paloffs thread"(merged)

djspinoy

Skins would win the tie breaker. If Saints, skins win out and the Gnats lose out I believe that the Saints and skins would get in. Can anyone confirm this with a link?

That is exactly right, but I'm too lazy for a link. There are a number of articles in the Breaking News forum.

Skins win out + Giants lose out = Skins move ahead of Giants based on the third tie-breaker for division opponents (record in common games). Skins would be 7-5 in common games and the Giants 6-6.

By the way, if the Skins win tonight, it is a good bet that the Giants lose out. I would have felt stronger if the Bills had won today because they would have still had a realistic chance at the playoffs when they face the Giants next week, but I think the Bills are a better team than the Giants and should play well at home. of course, we all know who the Giants play in week 16.

Skins win out + Giants lose out = Skins move ahead of Giants based on the third tie-breaker for division opponents--record in common games. Skins would be 7-5 in common games and the Giants 6-6.

Which is more likely: The Saints lose one game, or the Giants lose out?

Neither doesn't seem very probable at this point. :(

I decided to make this thread because there is obvious confusion on what needs to happen for us to make playoffs (I don't want that to come off as arrogant, I just want to help my fellow skins fans). So, this is what we need:

Assuming Skins finish 9-7, Skins make paloffs if:

- (1) New Orleans loses 1 game (vs. Eagles, @ Bears) -or-

- (2) NYG loses all games (assuming we beat them; @Buffalo, vs. NE)

*Note: We get the 5th seed if both #1 and #2 happen*

Assuming Skins finish 8-8 (assuming loss is NOT MIN), Skins make paloffs if:

- (1) New Orleans loses BOTH games (vs. Eagles, @ Bears) -and-

Minnesota loses 2/3 (assuming we beat them, vs CHI, @DEN) -and-

Detriot loses 1/3 (@ SD, vs. KC, @ GB) -and-

Carolina loses 1/2 (vs DAL, @ TB)

As of right now, Detriot is getting crushed by SD so it looks like we can take that off the list for 8-8. As you can see, it's going to be damn near impossible for us to get in at 8-8. I'll update this post each week with exactly which teams we're rooting for until we're mathmatically eliminated or make the paloffs. It all starts tonight baby - In Todd We Trust!

HTTR

Clearly the easiest path would be to go 9-7. 8-8 is going to be really tough with the Saints winning their games the past two weeks. If the Saints were out of the picture 8-8 would be more than doable.

I think it comes down to winning all 3. If we do I think we're good, Saints will lose 1. If not then barring an insane sequence of events we'll be on the outside looking in. Too bad we didn't play the Saints this year for a chance to get the tiebreaker on them.

Skins win out + Giants lose out = Skins move ahead of Giants based on the third tie-breaker for division opponents (record in common games). Skins would be 7-5 in common games and the Giants 6-6.

By the way, if the Skins win tonight, it is a good bet that the Giants lose out. I would have felt stronger if the Bills had won today because they would have still had a realistic chance at the playoffs when they face the Giants next week, but I think the Bills are a better team than the Giants and should play well at home. of course, we all know who the Giants play in week 16.

I think Bills are better too. And they're gonna help us out.:eaglesuck

Here's something to think about... We have yet to beat any team that's in the hunt for the NFC playoffs. Our next three games are all against teams that are in the thick of the playoff picture. If we win out, it will really signal a turnaround for this team and we'll prove that we have the right to be there. If we and the Saints both win out, the Saints get in over us and that would just be tragic since we had so many opportunities to put another win under our belt this year.

The way the Eagles are playing today at Dallas is encouraging as well.

They clearly aren't packing it in. I think they'll be a bigger test than most expect them to be vs. New Orleans.

Again, it's repetitive, but we need to win out and simply let the chips fall where they may.

That's what I was telling Skins&Terps07 - we really want Philly to win this game because their performance will be a night and day difference if they have something to play for against NO next week.

That's what I was telling Skins&Terps07 - we really want Philly to win this game because their performance will be a night and day difference if they have something to play for against NO next week.

No no no. With Green Bay winning, if Dallas loses, then they won't rest their starters against us because they'll still have to win out to get home field throughout.

Sounds bad, but Dallas winning out helps our chances.

Archived