Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "This is what we need to make paloffs thread"(merged)

djspinoy

No no no. With Green Bay winning, if Dallas loses, then they won't rest their starters against us because they'll still have to win out to get home field throughout.

Sounds bad, but Dallas winning out helps our chances.

I realize that, but I the NO-PHI game is out of our hands; we need PHI to have as much momentum as they can.

The Dallas game even if it means something to them, the game is in our hands. I think even if they play their starters and if we're in a situation where we are "win and we're in", we'll beat Dallas.

Of course, no one knows any of this. PHI can easily get whooped by NO regardless if they have something to play for; the opposite also could hold true.

All we can do is win our games and hope for a little help.

I realize that, but I the NO-PHI game is out of our hands; we need PHI to have as much momentum as they can.

The Dallas game even if it means something to them, the game is in our hands. I think even if they play their starters and if we're in a situation where we are "win and we're in", we'll beat Dallas.

Of course, no one knows any of this. PHI can easily get whooped by NO regardless if they have something to play for; the opposite also could hold true.

I want your faith in our team. After 16 years, though, I just don't got it.

Here's to you being right! :cheers:

And thanks for the breakdown. :)

Definitely an interesting point that Ceviker brought up to me earlier. I think it boils down to what's more likely. Is it more likely for Philly to beat NO when they are still mathematically alive and playing for a playoff spot, absolutely. Remember, we can beat the Giants, Vikings and Cowboys all 50-0(an amazing feat for sure,) but if the Saints win out we will be golfing in January barring the Giants losing every game.

Also interesting to note about the Eagles is that they would be playing NO with a chance to have tie tiebreakers over NO and Minn. They already beat Minn earlier in the season so if they have something to play for against NO with only a game left, they very well might beat the Saints, putting our destiny in our hands.

Not insignificant is the fact that the Saints, a dome team, will have to play in Chicago at frigid Solder Field. The last time they played them there, NFCC game last year, Brees struggled. So I wouldn't count the Bears out, either.

I hope Da Bears DO beat Minnesota and New Orleans! That would help the Skins out.

No no no. With Green Bay winning, if Dallas loses, then they won't rest their starters against us because they'll still have to win out to get home field throughout.

Sounds bad, but Dallas winning out helps our chances.

If we can't beat this VASTLY overrated Dallas team straight up when 1) we're at home, and 2) we are playing for our playoff lives, then we aren't a playoff team anyway. This cowboy team is one of the biggest products of media hype I've ever seen. I watched a hopeless Detroit team DOMINATE them for 3+ quarters only to get robbed by NUMEROUS terrible calls. They are not nearly as formidable as ppl make them out to be. Period. I am far more worried about tonight and next week than I am about that game.

Bring on their starting roster and see what happens. I would love to present Farve with home field advantage as a late Christmas present!!

Not insignificant is the fact that the Saints, a dome team, will have to play in Chicago at frigid Solder Field. The last time they played them there, NFCC game last year, Brees struggled. So I wouldn't count the Bears out, either.

That's a very good point. BTW I miss your old sig :D

actually if ny loses out and we win out it goes to points since we would be tied in conf, div, head to head, ect. right now we have 253pts anf ny has 290pts. We would have to start playing lights out to get this advantage. We just better hope philly beats no next week, thats our only chance.

Thing is, if Skins win and Saints lose vs. Eagles. Saints may pack it in or lose hope and the BEars may capitalize and the Skins THEORETICALLY could lose vs. Dallas and still make the playoffs.
I'd hate to back in and lose vs. DAL :wewantd: :dallasuck

actually if ny loses out and we win out it goes to points since we would be tied in conf, div, head to head, ect. right now we have 253pts anf ny has 290pts. We would have to start playing lights out to get this advantage. We just better hope philly beats no next week, thats our only chance.

Not exactly. Since we are in the same division as the NYG, you first apply the division tie-break. Division tie break is:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

We would tie for the first 2, but we would win # 3. Common games include:

Dallas x 2, Philly x 2, GB, MIN, CHI, DET, NYJ, NE, BUF, and MIA

We would be: 7-7

NYG would be: 6-8

Thus, we would go over them.

This tie-break **** is pretty crazy, ain't it?

Archived