Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big storm this weekend but alot of uncertainy with regards to DC/VA/MD

Ji

Saturday

12/15/2007Hi: 39°Cloudy with a chance of snow and rain. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.Lo: 33°Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Weather bug is on board!!!!

WeatherBug forecasts are derived from National Weather Service forecasts.

You won't see a major shift in forecast thinking until Thursday/Friday.

Not that these weather geniuses can actually forecast winter precip. We were supposed to get a "dusting to an inch" last week. We got 6 inches.

Here is the latest for my area from NOAA

Saturday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Snow or rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: A chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

jbooma tracking post accuracy, i have seen it all. :doh:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I am going to buy you some glasses :)

If you look at a previous post there is a point system to see who is the best weatherperson on extreme. When anyone posts their OFFICIAL prediction I will track that and at the end award the points to the most accurate prediction in a seperate thread.

I am starting to wonder what is being taught at WV :laugh: :laugh:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I am going to buy you some glasses :)

If you look at a previous post there is a point system to see who is the best weatherperson on extreme. When anyone posts their OFFICIAL prediction I will track that and at the end award the points to the most accurate prediction in a seperate thread.

I am starting to wonder what is being taught at WV :laugh: :laugh:

why do i even try???????????????????????????????????????

your tone seems to be that of argument, yet you say nothing that contradicts anything i typed. :doh:

I could actually see this being more of a Miller B system.

This would be bad news for you guys in DC/MD but not too bad a blow to me.

I'll keep an eye on it.

its not Miller B in the least....its a hybrid Miller A with redeveplment. Storm develops in Gulf...heads towards Tenn Valley...then redevelops on the coast. Very similar to Feb 2003 blizzard.

Miller B is typically a storm that heads west to east or could even be a clipper that redevelops north of DC and blows up in New England

I could actually see this being more of a Miller B system.

This would be bad news for you guys in DC/MD but not too bad a blow to me.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Ah....I just noticed you are on this side of the state too!

What do you think about the Roanoke and NRV?

The damn forecasts are always so wishy washy. And as I ranted in my previous post, I swear we havent had a good snow in a looooong time.

why do i even try???????????????????????????????????????

your tone seems to be that of argument, yet you say nothing that contradicts anything i typed. :doh:

Good question, maybe it is because you are always wrong, i am tracking predictions not posts :)

For those that want to play:

Originally Posted by jbooma

For us to ever get a big storm it has to come from the south and use the gulf's moisture. If this is coming more westward then it will end up being nothing.

Lets start the weather rumble again:

3 pts for getting the storm right within 72 hours

5 pts for getting the storm right within a week

- 3 pts for every wrong prediction

you only get 1 prediction so the key is to be accurate

3 pts for getting the accumulation ban correct with 3 inch measurements 1 to 3 etc..

5 pts for getting the exact amount (using national airport)

- 2 points for every ban that is incorrect if we get 1-3 and it was 6-9 you lose 4 points

-5 pts if you call snow and we get ice (a combo is ok)

- 100 pts if you bull a Bob Ryan you call for snow in terms of feet and we do not get one ****ing flake

what do you all think

Was 96 or 93 the storm where it was a tropical snow event?? I remember the weathermen saying the reason why this storm was so powerful because it was basically a tropical storm in the winter.

Any huge snow we get around here is the result of massive amounts of moisture feeding in from the gulf region. Just has to coincide with a Canadian cold front at the right time and thats the tricky part.

Good question, maybe it is because you are always wrong, i am tracking predictions not posts :)

you are tracking accuracy of information in posts.

kind of strange, since you had no idea that the state of new jersey has a ton of high school football talent....among other numerous gaffes / lacks of knowledge.

kind of strange, since you had no idea that the state of new jersey has a ton of high school football talent....among other numerous gaffes / lacks of knowledge.

no let me phrase it this way i am tracking accuracy of their WEATHER PREDICTION, if they go back in change it find but the one that is posted i will put in a thread so no one can change, do you now understand :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Harris

no let me phrase it this way i am tracking accuracy of their WEATHER PREDICTION, if they go back in change it find but the one that is posted i will put in a thread so no one can change, do you now understand :doh:

Now girls!

Ah....I just noticed you are on this side of the state too!

What do you think about the Roanoke and NRV?

The damn forecasts are always so wishy washy. And as I ranted in my previous post, I swear we havent had a good snow in a looooong time.

I think we're looking at around 4 to 8 inches here in Southwest Virginia.

And you're right. We haven't had a good snow in a long, long time. I think our total last year was like 5 inches.

then we can take the points from each and average out the final tally??

I think your final call is your final call but there should be a deduction if you need to have 2 forecasts. So if you just have one on Thursday and not make a 2nd call, you wouldnt lose pts

I will kick everyones ass in the predictions.

It's going to snow ... and accumulate ... and we're going to have 1 million inches of snow.

So whateva *******!

Self Edit - I said the B word in plural ... and it makes it through the filters. Don't want to get into trouble. :halo:

Archived