Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big storm this weekend but alot of uncertainy with regards to DC/VA/MD

Ji

hey guys,

Its me again lol. We have been tracking the potential of a big storm for next weekend for about a week now in another thread. After looking at the guidance the past few days, I am ready to pull the trigger and at least say there is a definite threat on a potential big winter storm for the Mid Atlantic. The European model(Which has much better verification than the GFS) after losing the storm in the past few days, now has the storm back. Todays run shows big snow for the Mid Atlantic This is the 3rd run in a row its shown the event

We have to endure a mild week first before this can happen and there are many things than can go wrong in terms of timing,cold air source etc. But wanted to let you know that there is a definite threat. Its not a forecast yet.

Dont look for the storm on the 12z GFS...its not there yet..

Ji, what you fail to point out, is that there is always a threat of something happening.

Your predictions and long range forecasting is a joke for the most part. You have been saying words like "likely", "possible", "threat", "chance" and "probability" all season since late October. Many people have bashed you for your inaccuracies, and you try to fight back by saying you used one of the words I have just mentioned, so it is no guarantee.

Here's a clue - with weather, there is never a guarantee. No accurate forecaster can forecast beyond a 48-72 hour window with any success, it just doesn't happen, weather changes unexpectedly all the time.

Also, your forecasts* are generally too outlandish to matter, and always a best/worst case scenario (depending on whether you like the forecasted weather). Your forecasts are too broad. e.g., there is a miniscule chance of measurable snowfall somewhere along the Eastern third of the United States sometime between January 1 and December 31.

Grow some balls, and narrow it down a tad. If you want respect, you have to earn it. Try hitting on the money in a particular location for once, instead of a National outlook with thousands of possibilities.

Respect is earned. So far this season, you've taken a step backward my friend.

I'm not doubting your skill in the field, I'm simply stating that just because you obviously like snow like most of us here do, don't be so quick to jump the gun and go with the model that gives what you would prefer to happen, the model with the probability of 4.8%, while all the other models give a 95.2% chance of one other probability.

***For the record, the storm you speak of will materialize, just not quite where you're hoping for. The system coming into play, will be pulling moisture in from the Gulf, while the cool air slowly moves in from the North - to slowly to be of any impact to this system.

What this will amount to, is cool to frigid temperatures from about Baltimore, northward to New England. It will get cold, but it will also be with minimal cloud cover, and relatively dry air for the most part.

The only real moisture associated with the system, will stay further to the south (Northern Georgia - Central Virginia), where we will experience nothing more than a chance of light rain, with temperatures hovering around 45-50 degrees.***

Ji, what you fail to point out, is that there is always a threat of something happening.

Your predictions and long range forecasting is a joke for the most part. You have been saying words like "likely", "possible", "threat", "chance" and "probability" all season since late October. Many people have bashed you for your inaccuracies, and you try to fight back by saying you used one of the words I have just mentioned, so it is no guarantee.

Here's a clue - with weather, there is never a guarantee. No accurate forecaster can forecast beyond a 48-72 hour window with any success, it just doesn't happen, weather changes unexpectedly all the time.

Also, your forecasts* are generally too outlandish to matter, and always a best/worst case scenario (depending on whether you like the forecasted weather). Your forecasts are too broad. e.g., there is a miniscule chance of measurable snowfall somewhere along the Eastern third of the United States sometime between January 1 and December 31.

Grow some balls, and narrow it down a tad. If you want respect, you have to earn it. Try hitting on the money in a particular location for once, instead of a National outlook with thousands of possibilities.

I'm not doubting your skill in the field, I'm simply stating that just because you obviously like snow like most of us here do, don't be so quick to jump the gun and go with the model that gives what you would prefer to happen, the model with the probability of 4.8%, while all the other models give a 95.2% chance of one other probability.

***For the record, the storm you speak of will materialize, just not quite where you're hoping for. The system coming into play, will be pulling moisture in from the Gulf, while the cool air slowly moves in from the North - to slowly to be of any impact to this system.

What this will amount to, is cool to frigid temperatures from about Baltimore, northward to New England. It will get cold, but it will also be with minimal cloud cover, and relatively dry air for the most part.

The only real moisture associated with the system, will stay further to the south (Northern Georgia - Central Virginia), where we will experience nothing more than a chance of light rain, with temperatures hovering around 45-50 degrees.***

You do realize that you state weather is really not predictable outside of 72 hours and then you proceed to make a prediction for next weeks storm?

That seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Maybe you think you are God. Really? Is that how you KNOW exactly what this storm is going to do? Get real.

Ji uses those words because he knows there is possible error. You have stated your entire forecast as though it's already a fact. Leave the man alone.

Nobody is perfect.

dude, lighten up a little....its not like we are planning a major offensive in WWII off of this weather forecast, or plotting air travel, or the immigration across the seas on a caravel....

its a freaking weather forecast in the "other topics" forum on a message board about an NFL football team....

i kinda like them...i didn't think they were intended to be anything other than fun....

sheesh...what a tough crowd,....

dude, lighten up a little....its not like we are planning a major offensive in WWII off of this weather forecast, or plotting air travel, or the immigration across the seas on a caravel....

its a freaking weather forecast in the "other topics" forum on a message board about an NFL football team....

i kinda like them...i didn't think they were intended to be anything other than fun....

sheesh...what a tough crowd,....

Whoa whoa whoa let me get this straight...

...you say we're NOT planning a major offensive of ww2 on this forum???

This is news to me damn it...why am I always the last one to find out about these sort of things?

You do realize that you state weather is really not predictable outside of 72 hours and then you proceed to make a prediction for next weeks storm?

That seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Maybe you think you are God. Really? Is that how you KNOW exactly what this storm is going to do? Get real.

Ji uses those words because he knows there is possible error. You have stated your entire forecast as though it's already a fact. Leave the man alone.

Nobody is perfect.

Go back and read my most. I said it is not possible to accurately predict it outside of that time frame.

For the record, there is no god, so obviously I can't be god. ;)

You also took what I said way too personally............Ji :paranoid: :laugh:

Just look around.....Ji has threads on this subject on the front page here every day. he has been saying it was going to snow since April from what i hear. Thing is, I also know from reading his past posts he is never on the money, or even in the same bank as the money. Every day it's the same thing from him - we will be getting snow on x day, in amounts totalling x inches. Then it never happens.

Not that it matters to me, I have accepted the fact it never snows around here, but nobody cares to hear that according to him, we have a chance of a MAJOR snowstorm every single week. That's a phrase he has thrown around several times like it's money.

Archived