Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big storm this weekend but alot of uncertainy with regards to DC/VA/MD

Ji

Nahhh....you left yourself an out again there...c'mon step up to the plate!

I will step up on Thursday when there can be a little bit more confidence.

It is only Tuesday and so, as you know, it would be futile to make any sensible prediction.

However my current thinking is an 8 to 14 inch type snow for the D.C/Baltimore area.

It is only Tuesday and so, as you know, it would be futile to make any sensible prediction.

However my current thinking is an 8 to 14 inch type snow for the D.C/Baltimore area.[/QUOTE]

:doh1:

Hoiw many of these models are there and where are they done? Websites?

There are tons of models. The main models are the GFS, Euro, and the NAM.

You can go to www.weather.gov for more information. They have links and pages full of models and weather maps. You have to remember that models are computer generated and have huge room for error.

However my current thinking is an 8 to 14 inch type snow for the D.C/Baltimore area.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:

My bad.

Okay..Here is the potential and most likely scenario.

if everything goes perfectly

IAD 12-20 inches

DCA 10-16 inchces

BWI 14-22 inches

If there is mixing involved and the track is closer to the coast

IAD 6-12

DCA 3-6

BWI 5-9

I think my 1st forecast will be somewhere in the middle but I need to see a few more days of data

IAD 12-20 inches

DCA 10-16 inchces

BWI 14-22 inches

IAD 6-12

DCA 3-6

BWI 5-9

I think my 1st forecast will be somewhere in the middle but I need to see a few more days of data

Finally i can put that snow blower to good use.

IAD 12-20 inches

DCA 10-16 inchces

BWI 14-22 inches

IAD 6-12

DCA 3-6

BWI 5-9

When do we expect this storm to hit?

After 5:20 on Saturday, right? ;)

Ji what about South and East of DC? Southern Maryland area? We gonna get a mix to rain hosing again?

your in trouble based on the current model runs...maybe snow to start but definite changeover issues.

The track will make all the difference but coastal areas usually dont do that well from Noreasters

Ok anyone else who wants to play the game make your predictions in this thread. I will track all of our weather peeps and see who is the most accurate in a seperate thread :)

You only get 1 prediction

Let the weather rumble of 2007-2008 commence :D

New Euro is out. It trended East and Colder but still needs some work. The surface low heads inland and then redevelops off the coast. So there is definite mix issues with the European but the main thing is, it has trended east and colder and thats what you look for right now 4-5 days out.

in any case, this storm a going to be a monster and some higher elevations in the east could see 3 feet

Saturday

12/15/2007Hi: 39°Cloudy with a chance of snow and rain. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.Lo: 33°Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Weather bug is on board!!!!

New Euro is out. It trended East and Colder but still needs some work. The surface low heads inland and then redevelops off the coast. So there is definite mix issues with the European but the main thing is, it has trended east and colder and thats what you look for right now 4-5 days out.

in any case, this storm a going to be a monster and some higher elevations in the east could see 3 feet

I could actually see this being more of a Miller B system.

This would be bad news for you guys in DC/MD but not too bad a blow to me.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Archived