Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taunting call in GB game

terje

Just wanted to see if anyone remembers the taunting call on Fletcher in the Gb game. We stopped them on 3rd down and that gave them 1st down and then they scored. It was a crap call. Did anyone watch last Monday's Pats vs Ravens games and Harrison was taunting Billick. No flag was thrown but he was fined for that, here is a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3146636

These refs really need to be consistent throughout the league.

harrisons taunt was clearly taunting, fletcher was just pumped they made the stop, not taunting. Stuff like this pisses me off about this league. Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

Mike Piera: "Harrison's taunting was perfectly within the NFL guidelines for verbal expressions"

J/K... but probably something der league spinmiester would say. Collingsworth (on Inside the NFL) asked Piera after he spinned the no TD call on Winslow if the refs had called it a TD, what would he say. Piera: "I would also agree"

Piera = useless tool

Yeah the NFL refereeing continues to be a joke. Most calls are just whims. That Fletcher call was absurd because, that goes on every play of every game. Harrison was being a total jerk, and they didnt do a thing about it. Billick did own him pretty good though lol. I know I couldnt stop laughing.

Piera is the sole reason for the degredation of the officiating in the NFL. Hes below a worthless tool, but unfortunately, hes got a buddy in the FO somewhere.

Yeah the NFL refereeing continues to be a joke. Most calls are just whims. That Fletcher call was absurd because, that goes on every play of every game. Harrison was being a total jerk, and they didnt do a thing about it. Billick did own him pretty good though lol. I know I couldnt stop laughing.

Piera is the sole reason for the degredation of the officiating in the NFL. Hes below a worthless tool, but unfortunately, hes got a buddy in the FO somewhere.

Guys, when Fletcher made that stop he gestered towards their bench. While the ref could have let it slide, it was still taunting. End of story.

Guys, when Fletcher made that stop he gestered towards their bench. While the ref could have let it slide, it was still taunting. End of story.

He wasn't gesturing towards the Cards bench, he was doing it to the crowd and I've seen him do it before in an earlier game. But let's say he was... we're talking about consistancy in officiating in these kind of situations, not if he did or he didn't.

Sorry for the mistaken game, not GB, my bad. when you make a big stop like that you get up from the play and celebrate. Its hard to realize which way you are facing and he didn't run straight to the sideline and do it. harrison went straight to Billick and did that.

Just shows that the NFL really needs to fix these issues with the refs. I mean Harrison got fined but no flag was thrown, that is ridiculous.

He wasn't gesturing towards the Cards bench, he was doing it to the crowd and I've seen him do it before in an earlier game. But let's say he was... we're talking about consistancy in officiating in these kind of situations, not if he did or he didn't.

Of course the officials aren't consistent. I don't think anyone would dispute that. But I still disagree with you. I watched it several times. And it definitely appeared he was gesturing towards their bench. But like I said. I don't think he really meant much by it. At the same time, I can't fault the ref there.

Sorry for the mistaken game, not GB, my bad. when you make a big stop like that you get up from the play and celebrate. Its hard to realize which way you are facing and he didn't run straight to the sideline and do it. harrison went straight to Billick and did that.

Just shows that the NFL really needs to fix these issues with the refs. I mean Harrison got fined but no flag was thrown, that is ridiculous.

Get over it. Its not like it cost us the win or anything. I don't really see the point in rehashing this. And I just think the officials, either didn't know what Harrison were doing, or didn't see it. There's no conspiracy, though. Lets not be silly.

there was a good article on espn about how refs should be accountable after the game to have a press conference and explain themselves, just like players and coaches do

it's gotta be rough trying to explain blown calls, because you know the guy isn't going to call out his refs

either way there are around 125 plays in a game (wiki where anybody can write anything) so if the refs get 120 right i say we give them a break

i swear that was the cardinals game... but i do get really ticked off when refs throw the flag on that... players get pumped up after making big plays and tend to spike the ball and then it ends up hurting the team... stuff like that shouldn't affect the game... fine them afterwards or something but don't let that decide the game...

He has done it before, gesturing toward our fans to pump them up. He told the press that was what he was doing. I had it on TIVO and watched it several times. He was not taunting the opponents bench.

You make an accusation based on assumptions. I make a point through research and remarks made by the individual himself. Fletcher is innocent. End of story.

Just wanted to see if anyone remembers the taunting call on Fletcher in the Gb game. We stopped them on 3rd down and that gave them 1st down and then they scored. It was a crap call. Did anyone watch last Monday's Pats vs Ravens games and Harrison was taunting Billick. No flag was thrown but he was fined for that, here is a link.

harrisons taunt was clearly taunting, fletcher was just pumped they made the stop, not taunting. Stuff like this pisses me off about this league. Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I was saying the same thing when I saw this. Clearly adds to the argument, that the league really does want the Pats to go undefeated. The refs are definitely biased with their calls.

Get over it. Taunting is something that's going to be called differently by different crews. Some will let it slide, some will enforce it strictly. Sometimes they miss it. As for Fletcher, none of you were on the field so you don't know what he said. The ref standing there did hear and thought it was taunting. End of story.

While the ref could have let it slide, it was still taunting. End of story.
You make an accusation based on assumptions. I make a point through research and remarks made by the individual himself. Fletcher is innocent. End of story.
Get over it. Taunting is something that's going to be called differently by different crews. Some will let it slide, some will enforce it strictly. Sometimes they miss it. End of story.

Apparently this is the story that never ends.

If London got a flag than Harrison certainly should have also gotten one, but it may have been a difference of the GB staff complaining to the officials about London's actions as opposed to Bilick just tossing little air kisses to Harrison. I would think Bilick's reaction is actually the better one to have since it doesen't make him look like a whinney brat, but that's just me.

He has done it before, gesturing toward our fans to pump them up. He told the press that was what he was doing. I had it on TIVO and watched it several times. He was not taunting the opponents bench.

Like you know what was said. You have NO idea what Fletcher said when he gestered their way. And what do you expect him to say after the game, that he DID taunt them? The official that made the call was there and heard and saw everything. You or I weren't. I think I will side with them on this one. Stop being such a homer. Besides, it didn't cost us the game. So, we should just agree to disagree.

Get over it. Taunting is something that's going to be called differently by different crews. Some will let it slide, some will enforce it strictly. Sometimes they miss it. As for Fletcher, none of you were on the field so you don't know what he said. The ref standing there did hear and thought it was taunting. End of story.

:applause: :applause:

Archived