Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy cow! Inside the NFL calls for Joe Gibbs head

nneece

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, I disagree with alot of stuff HBO's Inside the NFL says. But, at the beginning of the show Marino, Costas, and Carter talk about Gibbs and how we have lost 5 games after being ahead at half time. They go on to say that the Redskins need to go in a new direction at head coach. Wow, tough critisism. Not that I entirely disagree, but...

See, that's the biggest reason to not let go of Gibbs. Do you guys really want to be siding with the media!?!? ;)

The future is undecided. Gibbs version 2 will be determined over these next 4 weeks. 9-7 or 8-8 and Gibbs will be given a pass and we probably sneak into the playoffs. 7-9, 6-10, 5-11 and it may be too much for him to come back as coach.

No matter what, it'll be interesting to see how the players respond to this pressure.

When you look at the kind of week that the Redskins had to endure, I would be surprised if we could beat the Bears. The Vikings game will be bad if we can't even stop the Bills backup running back. However if we shut down their running game and score touchdowns (not field goals!) on offense, then we could win that game. However I'm feeling uneasy about the Giants and Cowboys.

I am calling for HBO to replace these jackasses

talk about people who can't do their job :rolleyes:

yep same people whining when Norv was fired under way better circumstances and much more deserving than this....classless and clueless folks at HBO...

stupidest move ever would be for Gibbs to leave...Campbell on his second full season next year...Skins with full compliment of draft picks.

The Skins have moved the ball so effectively in the first half most games if they had scored TD's the bad second half probably wouldn't have even mattered much.

Skins are totally on the right track..they just need to score in the red zone to do a complete 180.

Playing half a game and difficulty in the red zone is not uncommon for young teams turning it around. geez....

How exactly is this shocking news? Did you see the NFL Network tonight? Marshall Faulk, Deion and that other corporate stiff, Rich Whateverhisnameis, basically were saying in so many words that the coaching is just not cutting it. Marshall was a bit more diplomatic but Sanders was calling out the coaching, ownership and the players. It wasn't brutal by any means but I was glad to hear it.

In almost every game (minus the Pats game) we were either leading at halftime or trailing by just a few points. If we were more aggressive in the 2nd half in all of those games we had a chance at, we would be on the top of the NFC East right now with a record of 9-3 at the worst. We had the chance to pretty much end the Eagles season in our last meeting (at home) and we couldn't do it. 20 points allowed in one quarter is unacceptable. Our players are fine, it's just the conservative play calling.

Funny, I was thinking that it doesn't take a genius to see that the plays are there if only they players would execute better.

i think its a mixture of both, but i think the play callingis the bigger issue

why is it we have problems getting down the field till we are behind with 4 minutes left, then we march, get in the redzone and take portis out, then run betts on the same play twice

Archived