Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy cow! Inside the NFL calls for Joe Gibbs head

nneece

I would love for the 'skins to make a run these last four games and do some damage in the playoffs just for Joe's sake and of course Sean's.

If not, I want Joe to retire so he doesn't have to put up with this BS anymore. He deserves better.

I agree. I think Joe Gibbs was the best possible coach for this team for more reasons than just to win games. For God knew that such a time as this would come (Sean's death). Sometimes fans we must understand the greater plan. This team needs Joe Gibbs and so do we. For those of you who are saved in Christ, you know what I mean. For those of you who are not, you will remain confused and continue to complain about the little things in life.

i agree losing 5 games after a halftime lead thats horrible coaching

Your right, I saw Coach drop those passes, throw interceptions in the end zone to end the game and fumble the ball several times. Firing Gibbs or him retiring is not the problem, losing the turnover battle and untimely penalties are. Have we not learned that changing the coach is not the answer?

IMO, Joe needs to let Al run the offense, get Gregg to be more aggressive and having a healthy OL would be helpful as well.

Do people even understand the game anymore?

You know, the coaches aren't the ones on the field...how about calling for Portis's head? He hasn't produced (under 4 YPC). How about calling for Moss? Or the o-line for not stepping up?

If you want to get on a coach, GW is the one; his 3rd down playbook might as well not exist. They leave the middle of the field open EVERY single third down; that's not blown coverage when it happens that often, it's bad playcalling.

You know, the coaches aren't the ones on the field...how about calling for Portis's head? He hasn't produced (under 4 YPC). How about calling for Moss? Or the o-line for not stepping up?

Gibbs is not only the coach but the President of the team.

He's the one who hand picks the players along with the GW. All these players our his picks.

Why not blame him for that?

If you want to get on a coach, GW is the one; his 3rd down playbook might as well not exist. They leave the middle of the field open EVERY single third down; that's not blown coverage when it happens that often, it's bad playcalling.

I blame Gibbs for not being on top of his coaches. He didn't even know that they were doing a missing man formation. How do you not know that?

Besides the atrocious clock management that has been going on for the last 3.5 years. He is also the one that makes the halftime adjustment to slow the offense down.

All of the criticism for players, time management and coaching come down to Gibbs. He is the captain and purser of this love boat.

gibbs is terrible, any non homer can see that. blowing 10 halftime leads in two seasons is beyond the realm of unacceptable. you can blame injuries, and taylors passing, and all other sorts of nonsense, but they are just excuses.

gibbs needs to go, unless you want another season like this, and im sure some of you dont care what our record is as long as gibbs brings it to us. sad stuff.

gibbs is terrible, any non homer can see that. blowing 10 halftime leads in two seasons is beyond the realm of unacceptable. you can blame injuries, and taylors passing, and all other sorts of nonsense, but they are just excuses.

gibbs needs to go, unless you want another season like this, and im sure some of you dont care what our record is as long as gibbs brings it to us. sad stuff.

Can we shelf this til after a game day?

How many SB's have Costas, Carter, Marino and Collinsworth won?

Wow. That's why they're together on HBO. Noone wants to watch them except people looking for a rerun of old movies.

Costas-Another talking head who has small man syndrome.

Marino-Better worry about his own team-why isn't he calling for Cam Cameron's head ?

Carter-If there is anyone who knows about sticking around too long, it's Cris. Hard to listen to a guy who doesn't have any rings and didn't retire soon enough in his NFL career.

I hope JG sticks around as long as Joe Pa. If nothing else, just to irritate all those non-believers.

I until last week have defended Gibbs holeheartdly since his return. Since last weeks nightmare timeout situation i find hard to defend him anymore. I respect (and im sure we all do) what coach Gibbs has dedicated to this organization on so many levels. I truely believe the team would be suited better with a new coach, and a new philosphy. Coach Joe IMO looks lost at there at times, and if your lost as a head coach how do you expect your team to go out there and compete for you? Im not saying the Skins dont, but when things like what happened last sunday occur is it obvious a change might need to be made.

Can we shelf this til after a game day?

How many SB's have Costas, Carter, Marino and Collinsworth won?

great retort, useless "how many superbowls have they won" arguments. what gibbs did 20 years ago means nothing today. absolute zero. he even says that on a monthly basis pretty much.

but by all means, pretend thats its 1987, plenty of others will be on board.

I until last week have defended Gibbs holeheartdly since his return. Since last weeks nightmare timeout situation i find hard to defend him anymore. I respect (and im sure we all do) what coach Gibbs has dedicated to this organization on so many levels. I truely believe the team would be suited better with a new coach, and a new philosphy. Coach Joe IMO looks lost at there at times, and if your lost as a head coach how do you expect your team to go out there and compete for you? Im not saying the Skins dont, but when things like what happened last sunday occur is it obvious a change might need to be made.

Things?

Like the Safety?

Like the fumble?

Like the not coming to the ball?

Like the giving up a 45 yd bomb to a rookie QB on the last drive when he has no timeouts?

Like the inability to avg more than 2.5 on 25 carries?

Or are you just talking about the Timeout Gaffe? Cause that just let Gibbs take the blame for all those other "things".

great retort, useless "how many superbowls have they won" arguments. what gibbs did 20 years ago means nothing today. absolute zero. he even says that on a monthly basis pretty much.

but by all means, pretend thats its 1987, plenty of others will be on board.

Nice Sentiment on a Game Day.

Go Redskins? Huh?

Things?

Like the Safety?

Like the fumble?

Like the not coming to the ball?

Like the giving up a 45 yd bomb to a rookie QB on the last drive when he has no timeouts?

Like the inability to avg more than 2.5 on 25 carries?

He made the decision about the value of depth on the offensive line. All the starters are getting to wrong side of 30. Both Jansen and Thomas have both suffered season ending injuries in the last two years. That's player management.

The fumbling is something that can be corrected. Look at Tiki Barber before Coughlin came. Campbell has been sacked 20 times and fumbled 12 times, mainly I blame that on the offensive line for not being able to block. But it's still not a good correlation.

The bills had the 31st ranked offense. We can't get pressure with the front four thus allowing Edwards to pick us apart in the second half.

This team is starting to resemble a 2006 more and more each week.

Or are you just talking about the Timeout Gaffe? Cause that just let Gibbs take the blame for all those other "things".

As a coach his job is to put the players in the best situation to win. Looking at the evidence for the last 3.5 years he doesn't seem to do that. Be it with bad decision making, bad clock management or just general befuddlement on the sidelines.

----

Also when did mediocrity become acceptable to everyone? Is it because its Gibbs coaching? I'm just wondering...

We all like to hold our team to the highest expectations. However, IMO we only made suttle changes to the team we had last year. We should of been a better team but we were not going to be world beaters. There is nothing wrong with the personnel we have and nothing wrong with our coaching. This game is as much mental as it is physical. When you lose key personnel for different reasons it takes a toll on every other position. Mostly, you try to overplay your abilities to compensate for whoever the replacement is next to you. With that said, let's get healthy and come back with all our starters and see what happens. The only exception IMO is we definitely need a pass rushing DE.

As for high expectations, we have done as well as some of the others. One or two of these were predicted to go to the playoffs or even the SB.

New Orleans, Carolina, Chicago, Cincinnati, and Baltimore.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, I disagree with alot of stuff HBO's Inside the NFL says. But, at the beginning of the show Marino, Costas, and Carter talk about Gibbs and how we have lost 5 games after being ahead at half time. They go on to say that the Redskins need to go in a new direction at head coach. Wow, tough critisism. Not that I entirely disagree, but...

I'm hoping Joe goes upstairs, and Gregg takes over.

" hes the untouchable coach. he cant even get fired whether anyone wants to or not."

That is why Gibbs will stay the 5 years then move to the front office as pre-planed, he is also the President of the Skins.....Williams will take the head coaching and I don't know what will happen to Saunders.

Games against the Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Eagle and Bills all were lost in the fourth Quaters.......only the Patriots Man Handled Washington, the Skins players gave up the other games...I say play 110% at 110%.

Gibbs has showed he is willing to take chances in the last several games by going on fourth and a few.....Hats off to the Coach! Now it is up to the players!

One more thing, Gibbs came out of retirement because he could not stand to see the Skins Skinned over and over and we all Loved him for doing so......if we were ready to give Spurrier his 5 how could you ask for Gibbs head?

I see the advance of this team in the last 4 games and even without Sean Taylor, or Carlos Rogers.....Randy Thomas........up until now Washington and Randel El.

Wake up you can't see the forest on account of the trees!

See, that's the biggest reason to not let go of Gibbs. Do you guys really want to be siding with the media!?!? ;)

The future is undecided. Gibbs version 2 will be determined over these next 4 weeks. 9-7 or 8-8 and Gibbs will be given a pass and we probably sneak into the playoffs. 7-9, 6-10, 5-11 and it may be too much for him to come back as coach.

No matter what, it'll be interesting to see how the players respond to this pressure.

Like they always do.Excuses and somber tones.

Its been real old.

Archived