Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Horn Vigilantee Criminal or Justified?

JMS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Cleared!!............................

Grand Jury Clears Texan in the Killing of 2 Burglars

HOUSTON — A grand jury on Monday refused to indict a 62-year-old man who fatally shot two burglars last November as they fled his neighbor’s house.

Skip to next paragraph

Joe Horn

In a case that raised questions of ethnic bias, self-defense and property rights, the jury rejected charges against the man, Joe Horn, who is white. Both victims were illegal immigrants from Colombia.

“Joe is not some wild cowboy,” Mr. Horn’s lawyer, Charles T. Lambright, said at a news conference on Monday. “He was put in a place where he didn’t have any other choice.”

But others reacted angrily to the decision. “There is not a snowflake’s chance in hell that an African-American man could do what Joe Horn did and get away with it,” said Quanell X, a local black activist. “The message that Harris County sent to the entire world is that Houston, Tex., is God’s city. There is no longer a need for the criminal justice system, police, judge or jury. You can be all of that on your own.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/us/01texas.html

So I go over to my father-in-law's house to borrow something and his new neighbors who don't know me shoot me in the back as I'm walking out with his cordless drill.

There's a reason you can't let people take the law into their own hands.

Just don't crawl out the side window with a crowbar and a mask on and you might be ok

Yeah....that analogy was awful :doh:

:laugh: Seriously Endzone, come on man:laugh: There's a difference between casually strolling out the front door during the daytime, and crawling out a window at night with a ski mask. Gave me a good laugh though.

Cleared!!............................

Grand Jury Clears Texan in the Killing of 2 Burglars

HOUSTON — A grand jury on Monday refused to indict a 62-year-old man who fatally shot two burglars last November as they fled his neighbor’s house.

Skip to next paragraph

Joe Horn

In a case that raised questions of ethnic bias, self-defense and property rights, the jury rejected charges against the man, Joe Horn, who is white. Both victims were illegal immigrants from Colombia.

“Joe is not some wild cowboy,” Mr. Horn’s lawyer, Charles T. Lambright, said at a news conference on Monday. “He was put in a place where he didn’t have any other choice.”

But others reacted angrily to the decision. “There is not a snowflake’s chance in hell that an African-American man could do what Joe Horn did and get away with it,” said Quanell X, a local black activist. “The message that Harris County sent to the entire world is that Houston, Tex., is God’s city. There is no longer a need for the criminal justice system, police, judge or jury. You can be all of that on your own.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/us/01texas.html

I am naming my first born male Quanell.

It was not an analogy. It was what they did

Maybe you didn't read what I was responding to.... he had said:

So I go over to my father-in-law's house to borrow something and his new neighbors who don't know me shoot me in the back as I'm walking out with his cordless drill.

There's a reason you can't let people take the law into their own hands.

.....that's not nearly the same as to what the robbers did.

Maybe you didn't read what I was responding to.... he had said:

And what did you say?????

.....that's not nearly the same as to what the robbers did.

I made reference to how the crooks robbed the place and made reference that if you don't go about it the way they did you might live.

:laugh: Seriously Endzone, come on man:laugh: There's a difference between casually strolling out the front door during the daytime, and crawling out a window at night with a ski mask. Gave me a good laugh though.

It's not hard to change it just a little to make it more believable. Let's say I go through my father-in-law's side gate because I don't want his dog to bolt out of the front door. Let's say I'm borrowing a spare tv my father-in-law has because mine just went belly up. So now a stranger to his new neighbors is walking out of the side gate with a tv in his hands.

No controversy in this Texas burglary case with a similar outcome:

Man Shoots Himself While Wreaking into House, Dies

The Associated Press

Wednesday, June 18, 2008; 8:17 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/18/AR2008061802850.html

DALLAS -- Police in a Dallas suburb say a man trying to rob a house accidentally shot himself after kicking down the door and died in the driveway.

Grand Prairie police say the body of 19-year-old Cameron Sands was found outside the house early Tuesday.

Police Lt. John Brimmer says the evidence indicates Sands shot himself while trying to pull the gun from his waistband. He then dropped the gun and ran until he collapsed.

Sands was wounded in the stomach. The medical examiner's office has ruled his death accidental.

That's a better way to put it. I didn't mean to imply the police were doing something wrong by not having teleportation technology to arrive instantly on the scene. They just can't get there fast enough often enough to be relied on to save people when the crime is going down.

i thought that's what you meant. the wording just came across wrong. :cheers:

so you were asleep all of 1995? A little incident in California? Two white people murdered by a Former Football player? His initials are the same as Orange Juice... ring a bell?
OK, what about a non famous black person?

Something slightly similar happened to me and a friend of mine. I moved into a new house when I was 18. I had lost my keys and needed to jump through my bedroom window to get some of my music equipment. The neighbors called the cops and I was arrested as I drove back to my friends house. Luckily after I proved I lived there and the equipment was mine I was released.

good thing my neighbor didnt shoot me as I drove away.

I could agree if the guys attacked him or were robbing his home but he ran outside and shot two guys as they ran away.

OK, what about a non famous black person?

There have been two instances here (that I know of) in the last yr where a black person shot burglars ...No charges were filed.

We are just prejudiced against thieves ;) , and take property rights seriously.

There have been two instances here (that I know of) in the last yr where a black person shot burglars ...No charges were filed.

We are just prejudiced against thieves ;) , and take property rights seriously.

2 questions (I don't want to read the whole article):

1) Did the thieves in the Horn case have guns?

2) Did Horn keep shooting even after they were running away?

2 questions (I don't want to read the whole article):

1) Did the thieves in the Horn case have guns?

2) Did Horn keep shooting even after they were running away?

The thieves had a crowbar.

Doesn't seem like he shot them multiple times, but I'm not sure.

12 gauge from that range...one shot will do it.

Archived