Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Horn Vigilantee Criminal or Justified?

JMS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

2 questions (I don't want to read the whole article):

1) Did the thieves in the Horn case have guns?

2) Did Horn keep shooting even after they were running away?

(1) Thieves I don't believe had guns.

(2) Both theives were shot in the back.

The grand jurry returned on this. All Charges in this case have been dropped against Joe. In his state you are allowed to use leathal force in defending a neighbor's property.

No civil case against joe either. Both of the theives were illegals, so they have no standing to sue in Texas. According to CNN.

(1) Thieves I don't believe had guns.

(2) Both theives were shot in the back.

The grand jurry returned on this. All Charges in this case have been dropped against Joe. In his state you are allowed to use leathal force in defending a neighbor's property.

No civil case against joe either. Both of the theives were illegals, so they have no standing to sue in Texas. According to CNN.

Man, that's :bsflag: He should be charged with SOMETHING IMO, but because apparently in this case lethal means excessive and they were illegal's he'll get away clean :mad:

They were criminals. Who cares? Honestly...one had a prior conviction, was deported, and then came back illegally again to commit additional crimes..

It's amazing, criminals seem to have more rights then victims these days. I be the family will try to cash in on a civil suit too.

This gentleman shot two BURGLARS while they were attempting to escape after ROBBING his neighbor's home. I believe both of the BURGLARS were illegally in the United States. I'm having a hard time understanding where people have a problem with what Mr. Horn did. If anything he saved the taxpayers of his area an immense amount of money prosecuting, the freeing two illegal immigrants to very likely commit similar crimes again.

After listening to the tape from Mr. Horns conversation with the police office (911 operator) there is no question in my mind that Mr. Horn is guilty of some crime. If you hear the tape I think any reasonable person would agree with me. You need to hear the tape in it's entirety!!

After listening to the tape from Mr. Horns conversation with the police office (911 operator) there is no question in my mind that Mr. Horn is guilty of some crime. If you hear the tape I think any reasonable person would agree with me. You need to hear the tape in it's entirety!!

I must be unreasonable then,along with a majority of my fellow citizens. :rolleyes:

I've heard every tape and read all the testimony released and see him guilty of NOTHING, except perhaps bad judgment...which ain't a crime here. :D

There have been two instances here (that I know of) in the last yr where a black person shot burglars ...No charges were filed.

We are just prejudiced against thieves ;) , and take property rights seriously.

Good thing all these posters don't live here in Texas. ;)

OK........guys.........yall can all come to Texas and protest the decision.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5866090.html

Quanell X, victim's fiancee will protest Horn decision

Quanell X and other community leaders said Tuesday that a Harris County grand jury's decision this week not to indict Joe Horn was an injustice.

Horn, 62, shot and killed Hernando Riascos Torres, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30, on Nov. 14 when they were apparently burglarizing his neighbor's home. A Harris County grand jury on Monday decided Horn should not face criminal charges for the shootings.

Stephanie Storey, who said she was Torres' fiancee, called the killings "premeditated murder" at a news conference.

Storey, Quanell X and the others said they don't condone Torres' and Ortiz's actions, but they said Horn should have been indicted on criminal charges.

They reportedly plan to stage a demonstration at the Harris County District Attorney's office next week.

Click link for rest of story

Archived