Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

JC is Joe Gibbs' QB. Gibbs drafted him expecting to have a power running game, similar to what JC had in auburn, where he had very few passes per game. When Gibbs leaves, and Saunders wants that vertical attacking offense of his, with the philosophy that the pass opens the run, we're getting ourselves another quarterback. His struggles with timing in the passing game are horrific, and it's doubtful that it'll change given his mechanics and low brain capacity, as evidenced by his wonderlic and interviews. Campbell would be perfect for a team that has a dominant running game and wants to take a few deep shots down field to open up the run again. That's precisely what Joe Gibbs had in mind. Sadly, we dion't have the personnel to be a dominant running team anymore. Meaning that JC will struggle because he'd only be good in an 80s Joe Gibbs offense that "runs the ball and takes shots downfield". This is not the type of offense Al Saunders wants to run, or any successful offensive coordinator in the NFL now a days. When Gibbs goes, Al Saunders will be forced to find himself a QB that can handle the type of offense he hopes to run. An offense founded on timing in the passing game, and spreading the ball all over the field, deep, intermediate, and short. This is not the offense Gibbs thought the redskins would run when he drafted JC in 05. When he goes, his 80s-esque QB in Jason Campbell will go with him.

Very good points about JC and why we picked him up. I can understand this...however, I still think Campbell can be a great QB for us even without a power running game. Though, I really want to see more running...I guess it is difficult with a beat up line. Ugh.

Very good points about JC and why we picked him up. I can understand this...however, I still think Campbell can be a great QB for us even without a power running game. Though, I really want to see more running...I guess it is difficult with a beat up line. Ugh.

0-10 when he passes 30+ times. 1.5 turnovers a game from JC. I can appreciate your faith in JC, but it ultimately has very little merit.

I have a great suggestion. Why don't we cut Campbell because he isn't Brett Favre after ONE season's worth of starts and start over again with a veteran free agent?

How about Daunte Culpepper in 2008? How about AJ Feeley? How about Gus Frerotte? :)

I am ignoring the option of drafting a quarterback since it is obvious Washington fans don't have the patience to watch one develop :laugh:

Everybody wants to taste the ice cream sundae but nobody wants to pay for it :)

Bottom line is we only score about 17 points a game when you need at least 28 to win in today's NFL.

Actually, if we had put up 21 points a game in every game this year we would be 8-4 now. I am pretty sure everyone on this board would take that. Contrary to popular opinion, you do not have to be the Pats to win in this league.

I never liked JC. I been calling for his head since we drafted him. He is just a mediocore qb that will be a backup somewhere in two years. I was at Fed Ex when the skins picked him. Right when they were about to announce the pick the power went out and it started thundering and lightening. I took that as a sign that JC was going to be some garbage. I'm not a JC fan and I would like to see that guy hit the road.

JC has been getting out played by rookies (bills, jets games).

It's incredible. Go out on the internet and try to find negative comments on Jason Campbell. Every analyst, every former quarterback, every commentator have nothing but praise for the kid.

Only malcontented, selfish, crybabies as can be found here have a problem with him and are impatient to let him develop.

I swear all I can see is a spoiled little kid screaming in Walmart because his mother won't let him get the matchbox car he wants.

0-10 when he passes 30+ times. 1.5 turnovers a game from JC. I can appreciate your faith in JC, but it ultimately has very little merit.

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The two nuggets of information you post are meaningless without context. Think about cause/effect.

I have a great suggestion. Why don't we cut Campbell because he isn't Brett Favre after ONE season's worth of starts and start over again with a veteran free agent?

How about Daunte Culpepper in 2008? How about AJ Feeley? How about Gus Frerotte? :)

I am ignoring the option of drafting a quarterback since it is obvious Washington fans don't have the patience to watch one develop :laugh:

You do realize that this sort of wisdom is just too much for this fan base, right bulldog? No one here gets it. :(

I dont know how to feel about Jason....he's looked mediocre at best. Sure, he's had some 300 yard games, but so did Brunell, and so did Todd Collins once upon a time. The only thing is, I can't remember when Brunell had that many turnovers in one game. Everytime JC takes off and runs, I cringe, because he either hits the ball on his knees and fumbles it, or fumbles it when he is tackled. He just has no ball control.

You ignorantly proved my point! :silly:

JC is looking to be just another Culpeper, Ferotte type - flashes of greatness, offset by bonehead decisions and inconsistancy.

Go figure. :D

Sonny is really Mrs. Brunell, so don't go too hard on her. Notice how she doesn't have anyone respectable backing her up. Jeez, how convenient? Maybe she outta ask why that is.

Of course, this is a free board, and all ideas can fly around, including the moronic prattle that comes from her mouth.

Well tell me what you would think of a QB, who, in his 6th year in the league, in his 2d year as a full time starter, threw 22 TDs and 26, count 'em 26 Ints. Pretty bad huh! Get rid of the guy, he'll never develop. And guess what, the Philadelphia Eagles regretted for years that they traded that guy, who happened to end up in Canton. The redhead himself, your namesake, Sonny J. You can look it up.

No need for me to look it up. I know all about Sonny as I witnessed his greatness. Had Sonny been able to play withing the parameters of today's pass happy NFL with rules that favor the passing game, it is no telling how well he would have done. Just as there is no telling how atrocious JC would be if he was subject to the hits QB's had inflicted them on them back in those days, the knocking down WR's all the way down the field the loosely called pass interference penalties, the OL not allowed to hold at all on passing downs. Different era my friend.

Besides, I'd feel better if JC managed to throw a few TD passes to offset all of his turnovers.

Sonny had "it". JC doesn't.

Sonny is really Mrs. Brunell, so don't go too hard on her. Notice how she doesn't have anyone respectable backing her up. Jeez, how convenient? Maybe she outta ask why that is.

Of course, this is a free board, and all ideas can fly around, including the moronic prattle that comes from her mouth.

What the heck are you babbling on about? Amazing that you Jason Campbell apologists resort to name calling when it comes to propping up your hero.

Only the dimmest of bulbs would argue that JC's turnovers are not costing us dearly.

Wake up Goldenshowers. :laugh:

What the heck are you babbling on about? Amazing that you Jason Campbell apologists resort to name calling when it comes to propping up your hero.

Only the dimmest of bulbs would argue that JC's turnovers are not costing us dearly.

Wake up Goldenshowers. :laugh:

Ummmm, my challenge to you ma'am was to come up with someone respectable that agrees with your crusade against Jason.

Mind you, now, that this deals with not only what you've said here but elsewehere, Mrs. Brunell.

Still waiting, doll . . . tick/tock . . .

Oh yeah, why don't you go ask Mark? And be sure to give him a big hug for all of us, okay toots?

FanSinceSonnyJ, it's odd that you've so convinced yourself that Jason Campbell sucks, when so many, including many that know more about football and the NFL than you or I will ever know, are convinced that Jason Campbell will be a franchise quarterback for years to come...

Keep banging that drum though.

FanSinceSonnyJ, it's odd that you've so convinced yourself that Jason Campbell sucks, when so many, including many that know more about football and the NFL than you or I will ever know, are convinced that Jason Campbell will be a franchise quarterback for years to come...

Keep banging that drum though.

Wasn't FanSinceSonnyJ the same guy who thought that Jason didn't win a Player of the Week Award?

Needless to say, we've been down this road before with Sonny, and the fact that she keeps repeating herself doesn't make a meritless point any more valid.

Archived