Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: Finally a fan with some patience and sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dirtbag 28!!! its hard reading some of these post bro...........

Have a "GREAT" one man :cheers:

RED06 :eaglesuck

Offensive line, my friend, offensive line.

The INT yesterday was a dropped ball that should have been caught. The fumbles are (mostly) the offensive line's fault. The man has no time to throw. Wait until we have a healthy (and good) offensive line before you critique the guy. He's been great when given the time.

Agree. I was at the game, and watched the offensive line collapse time and time again. I would have loved to have seen more downfield throws to help open up and spread the Bill defense, but when the only long throw is a 29 yarder to Cooley, because the O line cannot keep the Bills from pushing them on their butts, then it is going to be a very long game from any quarterback.

Jason does turn the ball over. But if the line protects him, then he doesn't turn over the football. I will admit though, that he threads the needle a little too much, throwing through small windows. When he threw the interception and the DLman intercepted it, he was threading the needle. Instead of just taking the sack, or throwing the ball away or even trying scambling, Jason has developed a bad habit of threading the needle on passes to blanketed receievers.

It's a bad thing that he's threading the needle? I have to say that this is an absolute first. Favre made a hall of fame career out of threading the needle. When you have midget receivers that's pretty much all you can do.

"IT" is the ability to make a good or great play and not come back and have a horrible play where you walk away from the TV for 20 seconds only to come back and see that stupid confused look on his face and you ask yourself "what the heck happened?" That my friend is "IT"

If that is IT, then we do indeed have our QB of the future.

Would love to hear the excuses this week from the Jason Campbell faithfull. Four straight losses gentlemen, all can be heavily attributed to costly turnovers by Jason Campbell or his inability to get first downs late in the game. We were beaten by the Buffalo Bills yesterday, the lowly Buffalo Bills! At home!! We're now 5-7 and playing for pride only and draft pick ranking. Absolutely pitiful.

Jason Campbell has yet to prove anything other than he folds like a house of cards when the pressure is really on through an errant pass, interception, or fumble. Proof? Just watch the games!

These last minute thrillers against lowly teams are way past old at this point. I can't begin to describe how underwelmed I am at this point.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of all the props Cambell is getting as he leads us to yet another loss week end and week out.

Been a fan of this team for 40 years, and this is about as low as it can go.

Even if we beat the inept Bears (whose lousy offense if only marginally better than ours) the season is over, over, over.

Look for cheap ticket prices at FedEx field on StubHub for the rest of our home games.

Glad to have this off my chest.

Its funny you should say something about losses and be a Sonny J fan. The man only had 1 winning season as a starting QB. I don't think Campbell is the problem. Its easy to point fingers at individuals for mistakes but you have to look at the whole picture. The O-line gave up the safety, there was nothing Campbell could do about that. The O-line gave up the sack that cause the fumble. The secondary gave up the 30 yard pass play at the end of the game to setup the winning field goal. Those are the highlights as I see them from this weeks game. Campbell threw 1 INT and if I remember correctly it was on a batted ball and great catch by the DB. Last week 2 fumbles by Portis (not Campbell) and another fumble by Moss (again not campbell) led to 13 of the Bucs points. A fumble on a sack is hardly the Quartbacks fault if he is hit, sorry but the guy is trying to throw the ball. No excuse losing to the Eagles, that was a winnable game but the secondary gave up the long touchdown pass and the entire defense failed to tackle Westbrook on that long screen. I dunno, sounds like a bad team getting beat if you look at all the costly mistakes and it doesn't have anything to do with 1 player, it has to do with the entire team. If you are an old time redskins fan as your handle implies then you should know this stuff. I watch every game and I can't say i blame Campbell singularly for any loss this season. Sorry if that makes me a Campbell apologist but the fact is that the Redskins(as an entire team) have played terrible this season.:doh:

I am a fan of Jason but when it comes to crunch time he is not making the plays. He had chances yesterday to get first downs throwing the ball but failed. If you look at the 2 field goals we gave up (before the final one) both were because of Jason turnovers that gave the Bills a shortfield.

Jason for whatever reason looks good most of the game but is not getting it done when we need him. I can not keep putting the blame on the OL.

I never liked JC. I been calling for his head since we drafted him. He is just a mediocore qb that will be a backup somewhere in two years. I was at Fed Ex when the skins picked him. Right when they were about to announce the pick the power went out and it started thundering and lightening. I took that as a sign that JC was going to be some garbage. I'm not a JC fan and I would like to see that guy hit the road.

JC has been getting out played by rookies (bills, jets games).

I wish we could get rid of you. You try thowing a ball into coverage with 2 300+ pound men running at you. Our O-line SUCKED yesterday. Give JC a break man. My god.

But, he has poise and is young. That there is proof that he will be great. Afterall, all great quarterbacks were young once. Hence, if you are young, you will be great. And, all great quarterbacks were bad once. Hence, if you are bad, you will be great. And, if you don't believe me, you are spewing hate and you don't watch football and you are an idiot.

It's incredible. Go out on the internet and try to find negative comments on Jason Campbell. Every analyst, every former quarterback, every commentator have nothing but praise for the kid.

Only malcontented, selfish, crybabies as can be found here have a problem with him and are impatient to let him develop.

I swear all I can see is a spoiled little kid screaming in Walmart because his mother won't let him get the matchbox car he wants.

I want the best for the Washington Redskins and JC isnt the answer. I dont care about how popular a player is. Or how many people say that the kid is good. I use my own mind and think for myself and what I'm seeing from JC is medocrity.

I wish we could get rid of you. You try thowing a ball into coverage with 2 300+ pound men running at you. Our O-line SUCKED yesterday. Give JC a break man. My god.

Our oline did suck monkey nuts yesterday. JC blew the TB game by throwing two ints on two game winning drives. Go back to the Cowwhores game he had two chances to win the game. What did he do overthrow Moss in the end zone. That pass was so high only Yao Ming would have caught it. On the final drive of the game he threw another int. He has had seven turnovers the last 3 or 4 games. Face it man hes not getting it done. Like I said he will be a backup qb somewhere in the NFL in two years.

But, he has poise and is young. That there is proof that he will be great. Afterall, all great quarterbacks were young once. Hence, if you are young, you will be great. And, all great quarterbacks were bad once. Hence, if you are bad, you will be great. And, if you don't believe me, you are spewing hate and you don't watch football and you are an idiot.

Oh really? :laugh:

Is it "poise" that motivates him to throw the untimely interceptions and let the ball come flopping out of his hands once he is touched by defenders?

Sorry guy, after 4 straight miserable outings, I ain't buyin' what your peddlin'.

Yes, I understand there are problems throughout the offense, but my guess is JC just isn't anything special. Adequate? Perhaps. Something special? Absolutlely not.

I want the best for the Washington Redskins and JC isnt the answer. I dont care about how popular a player is. Or how many people say that the kid is good. I use my own mind and think for myself and what I'm seeing from JC is medocrity.

Refreshing that many of us can see the forest through all those trees. :)

Its funny you should say something about losses and be a Sonny J fan. The man only had 1 winning season as a starting QB. I don't think Campbell is the problem. Its easy to point fingers at individuals for mistakes but you have to look at the whole picture. The O-line gave up the safety, there was nothing Campbell could do about that. The O-line gave up the sack that cause the fumble. The secondary gave up the 30 yard pass play at the end of the game to setup the winning field goal. Those are the highlights as I see them from this weeks game. Campbell threw 1 INT and if I remember correctly it was on a batted ball and great catch by the DB. Last week 2 fumbles by Portis (not Campbell) and another fumble by Moss (again not campbell) led to 13 of the Bucs points. A fumble on a sack is hardly the Quartbacks fault if he is hit, sorry but the guy is trying to throw the ball. No excuse losing to the Eagles, that was a winnable game but the secondary gave up the long touchdown pass and the entire defense failed to tackle Westbrook on that long screen. I dunno, sounds like a bad team getting beat if you look at all the costly mistakes and it doesn't have anything to do with 1 player, it has to do with the entire team. If you are an old time redskins fan as your handle implies then you should know this stuff. I watch every game and I can't say i blame Campbell singularly for any loss this season. Sorry if that makes me a Campbell apologist but the fact is that the Redskins(as an entire team) have played terrible this season.:doh:

Well given that you are only 28, it is not surprising you know anything about the great Sonny J Despite the W-L record of Sonny, he still managed to get into the HOF. Gee I wonder why? Could it have been because of his poise, accuracy and his ability to always be one of the passing leaders despite a poor surrounding cast? JC's stats just aren't that impressive, neither is his win-loss record.

Sorry, those are just the plain cold facts.

ive always defended JC, but he should be further progressed by now. he certainly has some of the intangibles of great QBS.

however, there is an "X factor" great qbs have that enables them to win games. JC has not shown that he has it. hes had the opportunity several times this year to lead our O to a game winning TD. a couple times he set up a field goal, but that was it. i really hope JC emerges in the end of this season, and proves that he really can take us to the next level

Folks it comes down to the fact that we cannot put teams away in the 4th, Fumbles are part of it too, so is the O Line. We had the eagles game in the same position a few weeks ago...We don't have the "guns" to deliver when the game is on the line..I include the coaching in this as well.

Our oline did suck monkey nuts yesterday. JC blew the TB game by throwing two ints on two game winning drives. Go back to the Cowwhores game he had two chances to win the game. What did he do overthrow Moss in the end zone. That pass was so high only Yao Ming would have caught it. On the final drive of the game he threw another int. He has had seven turnovers the last 3 or 4 games. Face it man hes not getting it done. Like I said he will be a backup qb somewhere in the NFL in two years.

Talk about exaggeration. He barely overthrow moss in the cowboys game, and I know this because Moss was holding up his hand saying they just missed it by an inch. If we had a tall reciever that would have been an easy touchdown. That Tampa game is on him, I'll admit that. But that's the only game.

Offensive Line, RB, Receivers, Coaching, the mailman, when will these JC babyers learn?

Yes indeed, the OL, RB's, WR's, coaches, mailmen, ushers, parking lot attendants, all forced JC to throw all the pic's at critical junctures of the game! :laugh:

Even crappy OL play, which actually hasn't been that crappy for the past 4 weeks (with the exception of Buffalo), doesn't excuse away his untimely pics and fumbles. If he just fumbled some of the time, then fine, but every time he gets touched?? Sheesh. Learn to hold on to the ball already. Oh, and throw it away if its not there versus tossin it to Terrence Newman, Ronde Barber, etc.

The QB should be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I have to laugh at the JC supporters - never placing ANY of the blame on him. Lets take the TB and Dallas games. The O-line was good enough to allow the team to get inside the 20, but alas, interceptions cost us the game. Damn O-line. I again go back to Derek Anderson in Clev. He has made huge strides in his 2nd year, why is JC regressing? Oh, the O-line that's it!

I have to laugh at the JC supporters - never placing ANY of the blame on him. Lets take the TB and Dallas games. The O-line was good enough to allow the team to get inside the 20, but alas, interceptions cost us the game. Damn O-line. I again go back to Derek Anderson in Clev. He has made huge strides in his 2nd year, why is JC regressing? Oh, the O-line that's it!

Name 5 young Qb's with the same amount of starts that STATS are better not who you think is better but STATS say they're better?

And don't laugh at the support of JC just name them and then look at yourself in the mirror and then laugh at yourself!!!

RED06

ummmm...it's not about blame....it's about getting better; fixing problems that can be fixed

Archived