Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

Jason Campbell has 12 TD passes and 11 INTs and has fumbled 12 times loosing 8 of those.

I am not a Campbell believer just yet and he hasn't shown that he can take the heat or win in the clutch. He may end up being another Heath Shuler. I mean really would you be surprised if we went to QB #18 since 1993?

..besides, what's the better option? Todd Collins? There is a limited number of NFL quality QBs in the world. You can't just will one out of thin air. Would it be nice to have Sonny, in his prime. Sure. Would it be nice to have Tom Brady. Yes. But what I don't get is what the jason Campbell detractors area actually asking for. I don't think there's a better alternative. JC's a young guy with potential. Short of an established guy, that's all you can ask for.

Jason Campbell has 12 TD passes and 11 INTs and has fumbled 12 times loosing 8 of those.

I am not a Campbell believer just yet and he hasn't shown that he can take the heat or win in the clutch. He may end up being another Heath Shuler. I mean really would you be surprised if we went to QB #18 since 1993?

Dude, no offense, or age discrimitation here - but I watched every snap of the Heath Shuler era, and I can tell you that JC's already WAY past where shuler was.

What is IT? please explain to me.

"IT" is the ability to make a good or great play and not come back and have a horrible play where you walk away from the TV for 20 seconds only to come back and see that stupid confused look on his face and you ask yourself "what the heck happened?" That my friend is "IT"

I wouldn't say he's a turnover machine, but he certainly isn't kid-clutch during pressure situations. When the heat really turns up, he falters. Now he's still developing and for the rest of the game he's pretty darn good, so I hope the ability to work under high pressure becomes an acquired trait that he soon gets.

Here is my problem with that statement. It doesn't give opposing defenses any credit.

When crunch time comes, the Skins have usually given up the lead and are calling on JC to come back to win.

I have no problem with this scenario... all NFL QBs have to go through this, however....

When the defense can bring in 5 DBs because the front 4 have been getting pressure on JC all damn day and there is no fear of the running game... because there is none....

It sure makes things pretty damn hard for JC to overcome. Some of these teams JC is facing for the first time... he is still young and learning game by game...

I have faith that JC is the man and will be able to burn defenses for years to come.... but i would not say the kid is not clutch because he can't carry a team for the entire game yet... the man needs help.

There's absolutely no denying that Jason has to value the ball better and get rid of his fumbling problems. But what's your suggested solution? Dump Campbell and bring in yet another young, unproven QB? Jason has shown me that he is more than capable of making big plays when the pieces around him are effective. Jason may never be a great QB ala Manning, but he is the type of guy you can build a team around. The WR's on this team are ineffective, and we need more playmakers on offense. Any offense will have major problems when your TE is your most reliable receiver.

Would love to hear the excuses this week from the Jason Campbell faithfull. Glad to have this off my chest.

What do you want? We have three qb's right now. That's just the way it is.

You want Brunell in there? He never got better. He doesn't stay physically able. With him, aren't playing to not lose?

Collins? Go ahead and make the case.

Or Campbell? JC has been the best qb talent on this team, by far, since he got here. That kid is making some awesome plays out there and he's not making any more turnovers than Brunell did. And he's getting game experience.

So, to me, it's JC and growing pains and some exciting play or...

Or what? Maybe you want Randl El?

That may be not even half the problem, Jason needs to learn to PROTECT THE BALL.

Offensive line has nothing to do with that.

Not giving the QB enough time has nothing to do with it? :rolleyes: There were times when Jason could have saved himself from some hits by getting rid of the ball, but the O-line didn't do their part to protect him. He was getting pummeled all afternoon!

I think he has some physical tools and that he'll improve, but its a work in progress. The kid could use some help. A healthy O Line, some decent receivers and a grind it out back would all help. That having been said, any time a defender gets within five feet of him the ball squirts loose. A stiff breeze would knock the ball out of his hands. He's got to do a better job feeling the rush and holding onto the ball when he gets hit.

I don't think he'll ever be a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady, but I do think he's better than the endless parade of mediocre QB's we've had since Brad Johnson. If he could get to the level of a Matt Hasselbeck I'd be happy.

Would love to hear the excuses this week from the Jason Campbell faithfull. Four straight losses gentlemen, all can be heavily attributed to costly turnovers by Jason Campbell or his inability to get first downs late in the game. We were beaten by the Buffalo Bills yesterday, the lowly Buffalo Bills! At home!! We're now 5-7 and playing for pride only and draft pick ranking. Absolutely pitiful.

Jason Campbell has yet to prove anything other than he folds like a house of cards when the pressure is really on through an errant pass, interception, or fumble. Proof? Just watch the games!

These last minute thrillers against lowly teams are way past old at this point. I can't begin to describe how underwelmed I am at this point.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of all the props Cambell is getting as he leads us to yet another loss week end and week out.

Been a fan of this team for 40 years, and this is about as low as it can go.

Even if we beat the inept Bears (whose lousy offense if only marginally better than ours) the season is over, over, over.

Look for cheap ticket prices at FedEx field on StubHub for the rest of our home games.

Glad to have this off my chest.

Wow! Give it rest already people he's in his first full season as a starter. Name 5 QB's that have done any better their first season in the NFL? What 5 have taken their team to the Super bowl their very first season out of all the QB's in the NFL.

Who's numbers shatters Jason Campbell numbers in comparison with the same amount of starts? Name just 5 QB's PLEASE? Please give this STUPID thread a rest people HE'S GOING TO BE A REALLY GOOD QB JUST WATCH AND SEE!!!!

RED06

Really???! Rex Grossman, as bad as he supposedly is, was driving the bus when the Bears went to the SB last season. I think I would be quiet about any comparisons until Campbell can show us something other than he can play well for 55 minutes, but still cost us the game by turning the ball over repeatedly down the stretch.

"Absolute miracle" for the Cowboys to beat the Bills says more about the inept Bills than the Cowboys. Despite a handful of interceptions by Romo sits to pee, the Bill still found a way to lose. LOL. Sound familiar? Quit giving Campbell a free pass people.

Shutup. He has two games where he screws up and all of a sudden his career is defined. Last afternoon's game was not all his fault. The INT should've been caught, the safety was a result of NO protection. The defenders were there in about 1.5 seconds. Now, the inability to score TD's in the redzone was a team effort including some missed passes but the defense who'd played well all game choked when it really mattered. How they gave up that like 40 yard pass is beyond me.

Why is it that the best compliment you can give Campbell is that he is young and inexperienced. Every once in awhile, throw the word poise in and you have everything good that can be said about the guy.

If we went down to the river and grabbed a rock and set it in the backfield, for two years fans would be saying that it is a young rock, give it time. Manning was not good in his first year. The rock will be our franchise QB.

Guess what? the rock would cause far less turnovers and would probably not affect the average IQ of the team.

A very poor attempt at humor my friend. Very...very poor indeed. :doh:

Handing on 3rd and 6 with 1:40 left didn't help. A first down ends the game...ugh

Jason needs to PROTECT the ball when hit. The fumbles should be completely avoidable!

Yup.. that play call promptly focused all my energy into my fist which broke my coffee table. I knew exactly how the rest of the game would go after they called that play.

Just another example of trying to rely on the defense instead of just trying to wint the game.

Apparently our coaching staff thinks every other team is as pathetic at closing games at the end as we are.

"IT" is the ability to make a good or great play and not come back and have a horrible play where you walk away from the TV for 20 seconds only to come back and see that stupid confused look on his face and you ask yourself "what the heck happened?" That my friend is "IT"

Exactly. Great, great explanation.

Offensive line, my friend, offensive line.

The INT yesterday was a dropped ball that should have been caught. The fumbles are (mostly) the offensive line's fault. The man has no time to throw. Wait until we have a healthy (and good) offensive line before you critique the guy. He's been great when given the time.

Yeah I first jumped on JC too, but the line is the problem, has been all year.

Yes the play calling was conservative on 3 down when they ran the ball 3 straight times, but come on. The defense didn't do its part in order to contain the Bills offense who is terrible. They went after Kellen Clements during the Jets game and the don't go after Trent Edwards? It doesn't really make any sense to me. THey should have been able to to stop them and then of course you can look at the back to back time outs. It was coaching and execution. The offensive line has not done anything to brag about. I don't care what people say about Portis not being his old self. When you see defenders in the backfield, I don't care who you are, a running back is not going to be successful if that happens. There was no pressure from the front four. We are going to play cover 2 you have to get pressure up front, otherwise playing that scheme is useless in the NFL. You are asking to get at a minimum a field goal. Also the when they did bring pressure they weren't able to get there. The bills picked up the pressure and the defense got beat. Yes the defense deserves a B+ and the offense deserves a C- or even D for how they played. When you get in the redzone you have to score touchdowns and they didn't do that. The one thing that I do have give them massive credit for is going out and playing this game during this tragic time. I feel bad about being a harsh critic during this time, but I do give them credit for gonig out and trying to give it their all.

JC is Joe Gibbs' QB. Gibbs drafted him expecting to have a power running game, similar to what JC had in auburn, where he had very few passes per game. When Gibbs leaves, and Saunders wants that vertical attacking offense of his, with the philosophy that the pass opens the run, we're getting ourselves another quarterback. His struggles with timing in the passing game are horrific, and it's doubtful that it'll change given his mechanics and low brain capacity, as evidenced by his wonderlic and interviews. Campbell would be perfect for a team that has a dominant running game and wants to take a few deep shots down field to open up the run again. That's precisely what Joe Gibbs had in mind. Sadly, we dion't have the personnel to be a dominant running team anymore. Meaning that JC will struggle because he'd only be good in an 80s Joe Gibbs offense that "runs the ball and takes shots downfield". This is not the type of offense Al Saunders wants to run, or any successful offensive coordinator in the NFL now a days. When Gibbs goes, Al Saunders will be forced to find himself a QB that can handle the type of offense he hopes to run. An offense founded on timing in the passing game, and spreading the ball all over the field, deep, intermediate, and short. This is not the offense Gibbs thought the redskins would run when he drafted JC in 05. When he goes, his 80s-esque QB in Jason Campbell will go with him.

This is insane!!! can't do anything but laugh at this post. Al Saunders said that Gibbs was holding Jason back and needs to let him play so why would he go when Gibbs go?

Dude let it go, Jason will be fine, I want you Jason Campbell "HATERS" to name 5 young QB's that stats was far better than Jason Campbells in the same amount of starts? Int-Td's everything, short WR's, no Oline, etc etc etc tell me 5 QB's in their first full season that did soooooooo much better.

And I'm not talking about young QB's in your opinion that would be better, but 5 young QB's with the same amount of starts and time in the league that stats are waayyy better than Jason Campbells? Go ahead..............and good luck with that. WHAT THE FREAK DO YOU GUYS WANT FROM THE GUY IN HIS YOUNG CAREER? MAYBE SOME OF YOU SHOULD GO OUT THERE AND QB!!

RED06

Jason Campbell + typical impatient Redskin fan = 15 years of coaches and players in and out!!!

Give the guy a couple of years and he is the next best thing in the NFL!!!!:mad:

Would love to hear the excuses this week from the Jason Campbell faithfull. Four straight losses gentlemen, all can be heavily attributed to costly turnovers by Jason Campbell or his inability to get first downs late in the game. We were beaten by the Buffalo Bills yesterday, the lowly Buffalo Bills! At home!! We're now 5-7 and playing for pride only and draft pick ranking. Absolutely pitiful.

Jason Campbell has yet to prove anything other than he folds like a house of cards when the pressure is really on through an errant pass, interception, or fumble. Proof? Just watch the games!

These last minute thrillers against lowly teams are way past old at this point. I can't begin to describe how underwelmed I am at this point.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of all the props Cambell is getting as he leads us to yet another loss week end and week out.

Been a fan of this team for 40 years, and this is about as low as it can go.

Even if we beat the inept Bears (whose lousy offense if only marginally better than ours) the season is over, over, over.

Look for cheap ticket prices at FedEx field on StubHub for the rest of our home games.

Glad to have this off my chest.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: Finally a fan with some patience and sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is insane!!! can't do anything but laugh at this post. Al Saunders said that Gibbs was holding Jason back and needs to let him play so why would he go when Gibbs go?

Dude let it go, Jason will be fine, I want you Jason Campbell "HATERS" to name 5 young QB'a that stats was far better than Jason Campbells in the same amount of starts? Int-Td's everything, short WR's, no Oline, etc etc etc tell me 5 QB's in their first full season that did soooooooo much better.

RED06

Jason does turn the ball over. But if the line protects him, then he doesn't turn over the football. I will admit though, that he threads the needle a little too much, throwing through small windows. When he threw the interception and the DLman intercepted it, he was threading the needle. Instead of just taking the sack, or throwing the ball away or even trying scambling, Jason has developed a bad habit of threading the needle on passes to blanketed receievers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fans here were willing to cut LaVar Arrington all the slack in the world when he was still leaving his coverage responsibilities to try and make plays on the other side of the field........but are UNWILLING to give Campbell a reasonable number of games as a starter to show what he can do :mad:

Everyone OUTSIDE of Washington knows it sometimes takes 2-3 YEARS for a young quarterback to become the passer they want him to be and he is capable of being.

Instead here people want to see Brett Favre or Peyton Manning after ONE season worth of starts on a team that is failing in other key areas each Sunday.

Archived