Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

Had we not had JC's two turnovers, we probably would have had enough cushion to offset any last many heroics for the Bills' kicker or offset Gibbs' huge blunder.

JC's two turnovers? Are you including the one that bounced off a receiver, popped 7 yards back toward the line of scrimmage, and was caught by a diving Bills defender nowhere near the original play. That JC turnover?

:rolleyes:

JC's two turnovers? Are you including the one that bounced off a receiver, popped 7 yards back toward the line of scrimmage, and was caught by a diving Bills defender nowhere near the original play. That JC turnover?

:rolleyes:

I don't think that bounced off the receiver - looked like the DB got a hand on it. I don't blame that one on anyone, it was a hell of a defensive play and a lucky bounce.

This board amazes me. You get no pass protection and 2 yards per carry from your running game.... which leaves your 1st year starter to carry the game on his back and MAKE plays... Turnovers are bound to happen.... Why... because nobody else is doing a damn thing.

Asking Campbell to single handedly wins games is ridiculous. NO RUNNING GAME. Just like last week when we get CRUSHED on 4th and 1. NO RUNNING GAME. NO PASS PROTECTION.

Campbell is moving in the pocket, scrambling for his life, making plays with his legs, and you point the finger because the ball gets knock out of his hand when he is throwing, or 2 to 3 D-linemen hit him at once, or when Ladell is starring off into space as the LB blazes by him getting Campbell for the safety.

Pull your head out of your azz.

oh my god. wait...what is that? i see...i see it coming...wait...it looks like...it does...it IS!!!

LOGIC and football intelligence has hit extremeskins! Savor this moment ladies n gentlemen, it likely wont last long!!!!!!!!

The JC bashers are right. Don't all of you blind homers get it yet? I mean the kid has already played in 19 games already and he hasn't shown us anything. 19 games people!!! What do you expect us to do? Give him the next 2-3 years to grow into a great quarterback??? Time is a luxury we simply cannot afford people. Not to mention, its quite obvious that the guy does not have IT. Sure he has poise, composure and is a great student of the game, but I've been looking for IT and I just haven't seen IT there the past couple of weeks.

But don't despair JC bashers, here's the plan.

2008 1st round pick: Matt Ryan

2009 1st round pick: Chase Daniels

2010 1st round pick: Tim Tebow

2011 1st round pick: Sam Bradford

2016 1st round pick: David Sills

And trust me people, this Sills guy is the real deal:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/09/28/on.scene/

Did it occur to you that they called 3 runs in a row because the coaching staff has absolutely NO FAITH in Jason Campbell?

Or maybe the coaching staff called three runs in a row to force Buffalo to burn all of its timeouts and take time of the clock.

Or maybe the coaching staff called three runs in a row to force Buffalo to burn all of its timeouts and take time of the clock.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with Jason Campbell. Do any of you know Joe Gibbs or have you not watched football ever?

Run the ball. use the clock. rely on your defense to make big stops.

nothing to do with campbell. give gibbs a guaranteed 90% chance of converting and he'll still run the ball.

The fact of the matter, that game was still winnable with 1:40 left, but our coaching staff did not have the ballzzs to try and make a first down by passing. Instead they opted to run Portis into a line that has stopped him all day. Go figure. Nothing new with this coaching staff. They coach "not to lose -- instead of "To win."

We get the first down and everything else in that game would not have mattered. The pick, the fumble. We would have won. Everybody has to take some of the blame in this struggling season. But coaching has still cost of three games this year.

Yet, we still have a chance.

The fact of the matter, that game was still winnable with 1:40 left, but our coaching staff did not have the ballzzs to try and make a first down by passing. Instead they opted to run Portis into a line that has stopped him all day. Go figure. Nothing new with this coaching staff. They coach "not to lose -- instead of "To win."

We get the first down and everything else in that game would not have mattered. The pick, the fumble. We would have won. Everybody has to take some of the blame in this struggling season. But coaching has still cost of three games this year.

Yet, we still have a chance.

This to me, while I dont necessarily agree with it persay, is a logical argument. No right or wrong, just an opinion that is level headed and sensical. Lovin it.

I would like to see us take that shot...yesterday was a prime example. I just hate giving the ball back to anyone with less then 2 minutes to play. Its funny, but it seems like in the NFL the 2min offense in the 4th quarter against a tired defense is THE most successful method of scoring.

Did it occur to you that they called 3 runs in a row because the coaching staff has absolutely NO FAITH in Jason Campbell?

That would make some sort of sense if they played like that all game. However, in the first halves of most of these 2nd half meltdowns they let JC go with a spread offense and call plays himself. So...no that makes no sense.

redskins fans need to get a clue. Brett Favre's, Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's are NOT a dime a dozen. the majority of the time in the nfl for 90% of the teams you cannot rely on your quarterback solely to win the season for you. it has to be a collective effort. your o line has to give your quarterback consistent time. your receivers have to catch balls. and obviously your defense has to keep points off the board. even on the colts, packers, and patriots they have guys that do all these things week in and week out. As for Campbell sure his numbers haven't been great but for the level of experience he has in the nfl they aren't bad either.

Campbell - 12 ints

Eli Manning - 17 ints

Drew Brees - 15 ints

Carson Palmer - 15 ints

Tony Romo sits to pee - 14 ints

Vince Young - 14 ints

Rivers - 13 ints

Cutler - 13 ints

Fumbles

Campbell - 5

Cutler - 5

Warner - 5

Greise - 4

Vince Young - 4

Rivers - 4

I mean come on be a little bit realistic. It isn't bells and whistles but it isn't really bad considering the play of his o line and receivers paired with the awful playcalling. I'd say hes doin just fine.

I'm so sorry that I hurt your feeling FanSinceSonnyJ, but next time you want to start a ridiculous thread as this one think about people like me that will not agree with your unreasonable and non-thinking logic.... Now wipe away your tears and man up and take the hits, if you wanna start a thread always know there will be repercussions of fans that do not agree with you at all...

They are so lowly that they have a better record than us now? Your way of thinking is a bit backwards, no? What honestly makes you think the Skins are a good team, capable of beating most teams?

Face it, we're just not any good. Don't get bent out of shape about it.

Im glad somebody finnally pointed this out. It sucks....but lets face it...the WASHINGTON REDSKINS are not A GOOD TEAM. Period. I have to remind myself too at times as I get frustrated every sunday but really.....its just not worth getting your hopes up.

You think that with the 900 page playbook they could call something to surprise the Bills in those last 3 plays.Even if they were runs.NO MORE JUMBO!!!!

Well, to be fair, the most suprising of plays are also the highest risk, which exactly what we didn't want at that point.

Im glad somebody finnally pointed this out. It sucks....but lets face it...the WASHINGTON REDSKINS are not A GOOD TEAM. Period. I have to remind myself too at times as I get frustrated every sunday but really.....its just not worth getting your hopes up.

I posted this on my fantasy board:

Thats the thing - I think this is a good team. They just have no killer instinct and I blame that completely on the coaching. How in the hell do you blow 15 halftime leads in less than 4 years? We go in at halftime with a lead and Joe thinks 'great, we'll just protect that 3 point lead' while the other coach makes adjustments that we can't handle.

Don't think we're a good team? Look at our perfomances this year::

Dolphins - out played them and barely won

Eagles - out played them and barely won

Giants - out played them and lost. Blew a halftime lead.

Lions - CRUSHED!!!

Packers - out played them and lost. Blew a halftime lead.

Cardinals - the one game that we were out played and actually won.

Patriots - well, it is the Pats.

Jets - out played them and barely won.

Eagles - out played them and lost. Blew a halftime lead.

Cowboys - out played them and lost. Blew a halftime lead.

Bucs - out played them and lost. Over 300 yards of offense in the 2nd half with nothing to show for it.

Bills - out played them and lost. 5th blown halftime lead of the season.

If Gibbs and Co. can't figure out how to call plays during the 2nd half or at anytime within the 25 this team will continue to tease us with visions of greatness only to break our hearts with more last second losses.

The way I see it is, we've only been out played twice this year yet we have 7 losses. That is not the sign of a bad team, that is the sign of bad coaching.

The way I see it is, we've only been out played twice this year yet we have 7 losses. That is not the sign of a bad team, that is the sign of bad coaching.

But the players must execute. Joe Gibbs can't block or run.Also, it is easier to defend teams in the redzone with the shorter field and they just don't have guys who make plays to get open in the endzone. Taller recievers would help.

Why is it that the best compliment you can give Campbell is that he is young and inexperienced. Every once in awhile, throw the word poise in and you have everything good that can be said about the guy.

If we went down to the river and grabbed a rock and set it in the backfield, for two years fans would be saying that it is a young rock, give it time. Manning was not good in his first year. The rock will be our franchise QB.

Guess what? the rock would cause far less turnovers and would probably not affect the average IQ of the team.

But the players must execute. Joe Gibbs can't block or run.

Yeah, its a little of both. Some people blame the players, some the coaches. I tend to fall in that latter category because I don't think the right plays are being called to execute. :2cents:

Four games where turnovers by the QB cost us the game. Three times in the redzone against the 29th ranked pass defense without a TD. Also several passes that were near INT's. I don't need a truck to fall on me. We have a QB that it is not getting it done. He telegraphs his throws. He stares down his receivers. His long passes are flat without any arc. He is not a rookie. He was given a chance to develop before he was ever made a starter. He wasn't handed some scrub team with no playmakers. His last past wouldn't even of won the Punt, Pass, and Kick Competiton. There are no more explanations or excuses.

My problem with JC is he doesn't step up in the clutch. He folds. 4th qtr of close game yesterday, the rookie Trent Edwards was the one making the big throws to set up a win.

As much as people make fun of Eli, he's shown he can win a game late. He played like crap most of yesterday but still was able to step up and take over the game in crunch time.

His last past wouldn't even of won the Punt, Pass, and Kick Competiton. There are no more explanations or excuses.

So let's just overlook the fact that he was flushed out of the pocket and had to run right up until he reached the line of scrimmage again and attempt a hail mary while he was still moving.

Archived