Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

This kid Hardy also runs (I believe) a 4.2 40 and is a basketball player so you know he has a great vertical. I hope he flys under the radar enough to come to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. :)

4.2?

:laugh:

I'm sorry. but... :laugh:

Ok... I'm fine.

No, I doubt he runs a 4.2 although it'd be nice if he did.

If he does though... you can absolutely forget us getting him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

4.2?

:laugh:

I'm sorry. but... :laugh:

Ok... I'm fine.

No, I doubt he runs a 4.2 although it'd be nice if he did.

If he does though... you can absolutely forget us getting him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Meh... I was never good at remembering times. He does run something ridiculous for a guy his size. Sub 4.5.

Moss and Darrell Green ran 4.19 at the combines i believe

Yeah but neither of them are 6'6 220 lbs.

Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at 6'5 235 and that was considered ridiculous. If this kid runs a 4.2 He'll be the fastest 6'6 athlete in history and probably a top 3 pick. :laugh:

This kid Hardy also runs (I believe) a 4.2 40 and is a basketball player so you know he has a great vertical. I hope he flys under the radar enough to come to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. :)

right now he is a mid 2nd round prospect. if he runs anything under a 4.45 he will move into the late first.

Are you people blind? Do you only barely watch these games?

The only reason we drove the ball yesterday was because of JCs pocket presence and ability to step up and find a receiver under duress. He's has shown this same presence all season, whether scrambling for a first down in the Giants game late or doing a jump pass to Moss yesterday. And young QBs don't usually have this trait and he has shown it in spades. The thing he's bad at right now (holding on to the football when hit, still makes some bad reads which have lead to devastating turnovers) are correctable problems, the intangibles are all there.

wanted to post this about what scouts had said about jc

Negatives... Still, for a player of his size, he shows good mobility. ... When he rolls out of the pocket, he will sometimes hold the ball low and exposed, resulting in costly fumbles. ... Still needs to show better judgement, but has the power behind his throws to thread the ball in a crowd. ... His touch on his long ball has improved quite a bit, but he still needs to work on his underneath throws. ... Still has not fully grasped the mental aspect of calling his own game yet, and will need to have the plays called for him until he can prove that he can handle play-calling on his own. ... Does well in school (3.0 grade point average). His first Wonderlic test score (14) was lower than you like from a player at the quarterback position, but he then scored a much-improved 28 at the Combine in February. ... Needs to work on some fundamentals, especially his feet in his pass set, but he has the quickness to get back from center. ... Made more sound decisions in 2004 than he did in the past, but he still must improve in reading coverages.

Agility tests: CAMPUS: 4.69 in the 40-yard dash. ... 285-pound bench press. ... 370-pound squat. ... 305-pound power clean. ... 35-inch vertical jump. ... 33 -inch arm length. ... 9 1/8-inch hands. ... Right-handed. ... 14/28 Wonderlic score. COMBINE: 4.72 seconds in 40-yard dash. ... 28 Wonderlic score. ... Did not participate in other workout drills.

seems like he hasn't changed the whole fumbling thing

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Campbell,Jason-QB-Auburn.htm

Meh... I was never good at remembering times. He does run something ridiculous for a guy his size. Sub 4.5.

I know man... I was just joking around with you.

4.2 would be insane for a guy his size though.

If he runs a sub 4.5 he'll probably be a first round pick.

Still would like him on our team.

I still want DL in round 1, if there's a guy worth it at our pick. We need DL in a bad way.

Offensive line, my friend, offensive line.

The INT yesterday was a dropped ball that should have been caught. The fumbles are (mostly) the offensive line's fault. The man has no time to throw. Wait until we have a healthy (and good) offensive line before you critique the guy. He's been great when given the time.

Exactly what i was going to say. One thing to add Heyer is terrible. He gets beat all the time and if you watch the game closely you can see that almost all the fumbles come from the right side of the line. This is going to gives us huge issues with teams that have great defensive ends such as the Giants with Strahan and Chicago.

Four games where turnovers by the QB cost us the game. Three times in the redzone against the 29th ranked pass defense without a TD. Also several passes that were near INT's. I don't need a truck to fall on me. We have a QB that it is not getting it done. He telegraphs his throws. He stares down his receivers. His long passes are flat without any arc. He is not a rookie. He was given a chance to develop before he was ever made a starter. He wasn't handed some scrub team with no playmakers. His last past wouldn't even of won the Punt, Pass, and Kick Competiton. There are no more explanations or excuses.

Refreshing that some of us around here, "get it". :laugh:

Some of these guys are on a 7 year plan when it comes to Campbell.

No doubt coaching is part of the problem, OL is part of the problem, but in the cases of his regular interceptions - he is getting time to throw, just making bonehead decisions.

JC's two turnovers? Are you including the one that bounced off a receiver, popped 7 yards back toward the line of scrimmage, and was caught by a diving Bills defender nowhere near the original play. That JC turnover?

:rolleyes:

Sorry Dano,

It goes on the stats sheet as an INT as there is no classification for tipped balls, deflected balls, great defensive plays. An interception is an interception is an interception, just as a TD pass is a TD pass is a TD pass no matter how ugly it might look.

It's time to cease with the endless excuses as to why JC is regularly fumbling and throwing pics. They are what they are and they are killing us as we limp along trying to salvage wins.

I'm so sorry that I hurt your feeling FanSinceSonnyJ, but next time you want to start a ridiculous thread as this one think about people like me that will not agree with your unreasonable and non-thinking logic.... Now wipe away your tears and man up and take the hits, if you wanna start a thread always know there will be repercussions of fans that do not agree with you at all...

Oh rest assured you didn't hurt my feelings tough guy. Just trying to give you a little friendly advice. Your choice to take it for what it was or dismiss it with more of your smack talk.

The topic is a legit one that most all of us who can actually see the forest through all those trees can comprehend. Sorry it is such a challenge for you.

Keep waving those pom poms JC's way - he certainly is getting it done. :laugh:

My problem with JC is he doesn't step up in the clutch. He folds. 4th qtr of close game yesterday, the rookie Trent Edwards was the one making the big throws to set up a win.

As much as people make fun of Eli, he's shown he can win a game late. He played like crap most of yesterday but still was able to step up and take over the game in crunch time.

Exactly. He's folding like a house of cards when the game is on the line.

Refreshing that some of us around here, "get it". :laugh:

Some of these guys are on a 7 year plan when it comes to Campbell.

No doubt coaching is part of the problem, OL is part of the problem, but in the cases of his regular interceptions - he is getting time to throw, just making bonehead decisions.

Well tell me what you would think of a QB, who, in his 6th year in the league, in his 2d year as a full time starter, threw 22 TDs and 26, count 'em 26 Ints. Pretty bad huh! Get rid of the guy, he'll never develop. And guess what, the Philadelphia Eagles regretted for years that they traded that guy, who happened to end up in Canton. The redhead himself, your namesake, Sonny J. You can look it up.

JC is Joe Gibbs' QB. Gibbs drafted him expecting to have a power running game, similar to what JC had in auburn, where he had very few passes per game. When Gibbs leaves, and Saunders wants that vertical attacking offense of his, with the philosophy that the pass opens the run, we're getting ourselves another quarterback. His struggles with timing in the passing game are horrific, and it's doubtful that it'll change given his mechanics and low brain capacity, as evidenced by his wonderlic and interviews. Campbell would be perfect for a team that has a dominant running game and wants to take a few deep shots down field to open up the run again. That's precisely what Joe Gibbs had in mind. Sadly, we dion't have the personnel to be a dominant running team anymore. Meaning that JC will struggle because he'd only be good in an 80s Joe Gibbs offense that "runs the ball and takes shots downfield". This is not the type of offense Al Saunders wants to run, or any successful offensive coordinator in the NFL now a days. When Gibbs goes, Al Saunders will be forced to find himself a QB that can handle the type of offense he hopes to run. An offense founded on timing in the passing game, and spreading the ball all over the field, deep, intermediate, and short. This is not the offense Gibbs thought the redskins would run when he drafted JC in 05. When he goes, his 80s-esque QB in Jason Campbell will go with him.

Sorry, I'm not ready to pin the last 4 losses on the OL. Campbell takes too long to get rid of the ball and tosses bonehead int's at crunch time. He makes plays the last 4 weeks and doesn't turn the ball over, we probably would win at least 2-3 of those games.

Bottom line is we only score about 17 points a game when you need at least 28 to win in today's NFL. I understand it goes much deeper than just Campbell, but Campbell is not living up to his billing, and his untimely turnovers have killed us the past 4 games. That is a fact and is indisputable my friend.

SonnyJ for President...I don't see Samuels and Wade and etc...throwing those passes directly to Ronde and Terrenace Newman within the last 40 sec of the game...I love JC and I want him to be our future but don't make excuses to the man, he's not a kid anymore....

Archived