Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

Yes he has great potential. Yes the offensive line is god awful. And yes the receivers need to do a better job of holding on to the ball. But week in and week out Jason has made stupid mistakes such as forcing passes when there is obviously no need, and the fumbling problems will be corrected by better offensive line. To me, Jason is a player that can rack up all the yards, but never has a knack for getting the ball in the endzone. That said, I think he has a great chance to progress as long as he keeps working, practicing, and learning.

Name 5 young Qb's with the same amount of starts that STATS are better not who you think is better but STATS say they're better?

And don't laugh at the support of JC just name them and then look at yourself in the mirror and then laugh at yourself!!!

RED06

Derek Anderson

Tony Romo sits to pee

David Garrard

Jay Cutler

Philip Rivers

Matt Schaub

There, that took me all of 2 minutes!! Response please?

Yes indeed, the OL, RB's, WR's, coaches, mailmen, ushers, parking lot attendants, all forced JC to throw all the pic's at critical junctures of the game! :laugh:

Even crappy OL play, which actually hasn't been that crappy for the past 4 weeks (with the exception of Buffalo), doesn't excuse away his untimely pics and fumbles. If he just fumbled some of the time, then fine, but every time he gets touched?? Sheesh. Learn to hold on to the ball already. Oh, and throw it away if its not there versus tossin it to Terrence Newman, Ronde Barber, etc.

The QB should be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

You know what, I'm going to respect my elders even when they sound like this!!! Sonny J had one winning season maybe 2 to speak of, he wasn't better than Joe Montana, and a host of other NFL QB's. Jason will be fine just watch and see man.

RED06

Derek Anderson

Tony Romo sits to pee

David Garrard

Jay Cutler

Philip Rivers

Matt Schaub

There, that took me all of 2 minutes!! Response please?

U obviously don't read well, all of those guys has more starts than jason Campbell and look at their STATS and see what they say.

And Jay Cutler is worse than campbell LOL

U obviously don't read well, all of those guys has more starts than jason Campbell and look at their STATS and see what they say.

And Jay Cutler is worse than campbell LOL

Hey genius, they all have about the same number of starts. Matt Schaub and Derek Anderson do not have more starts. Lets face it, you can't win this debate so you just throw out the facts. Enjoy the Kool-Aid!

I think I would be quiet about any comparisons until Campbell can show us something other than he can play well for 55 minutes, but still cost us the game by turning the ball over repeatedly down the stretch.

I agree and fear Campbell is a choker. I think that we need to look for another QB at the end of the season.

Campbell takes too long to get rid of the ball and tosses bonehead int's at crunch time. He makes plays the last 4 weeks and doesn't turn the ball over, we probably would win at least 2-3 of those games.

That is a fact and is indisputable my friend.

Undisputable is the "o" line not making holes for our running backs and not protecting our QB. He will need some extra coaching on coughing up the ball but he looks good to me, sometimes even reminding me of Doug Williams. What's indisputable is our wr's are average at best, our "O" line doesn't do it's job and Campbell takes the heat. Black and white buddy.

People come on .. He done great when the o line protects him and when they don't bad things happen.. It all starts with o-line

Can you tell me what happened at the end of the Dallas and TB games? Those were not O-Line problems and you can't even pretend to try and claim that!

ive always defended JC, but he should be further progressed by now. he certainly has some of the intangibles of great QBS.

however, there is an "X factor" great qbs have that enables them to win games. JC has not shown that he has it. hes had the opportunity several times this year to lead our O to a game winning TD. a couple times he set up a field goal, but that was it. i really hope JC emerges in the end of this season, and proves that he really can take us to the next level

Agreed. He starting to remind me of the "all arm, no brains" type. Hope he doesn't continue to break our hearts by making great plays, only to offset them with blunders/turnovers.

Talk about exaggeration. He barely overthrow moss in the cowboys game, and I know this because Moss was holding up his hand saying they just missed it by an inch. If we had a tall reciever that would have been an easy touchdown. That Tampa game is on him, I'll admit that. But that's the only game.

Does it really matter "how much" he overthrew Moss??? No it does not. The fact is he did overthrow him. Missed opportunity. Lots of missed opportunities when it comse to JC.

Hey genius, they all have about the same number of starts. Matt Schaub and Derek Anderson do not have more starts. Lets face it, you can't win this debate so you just throw out the facts. Enjoy the Kool-Aid!

I can't win the debate huh? Ok check this out short bus

Tony Romo sits to pee is in his 5th season and started all of last season- Last season

Tony Romo sits to pee had 19 TD's 13- INT in 16 games as a starter

Derek Anderson last year had 5 Td's- 8 INT before he was benched and now has 24 Td's and 13 INT with better WR's, an OLINE, etc etc etc.

Phillip Rivers has 15TD's and 13 INT with *2458yds

Jay Cutler has 13 TD's and 12 INT with *2598yds

Matt Schaub has 9TD's and 9INT's with *2241 yds

JASON CAMPBELL HAS 12 TD'S and 11 INT's with *2600 yards with SHORT WR's, with No OLINE, and no running game to speak of, because of the OLINE...............

So tell me wise guy other than Tony Romo sits to pee who's been in the league longer than JC with more starts, and Gerrard who's been in the league longer under the same system for 6 YEARS!!!! Who's numbers are sooooooo much better than Campbells right now wise guy?

You're just talking with NOTHING to back it up other than you don't like JC but his numbers are right in line with all the young QB's. Matter fact they're better than MOST of them. So don't lick the window on that short bus and learn something in school...................

RED06

RED06

Trent Green ran Al's offense with mediocore WR's and he posted good stats. The skins WR's are better then what Trent had and we arent getting nowhere near the same production. Its time to get a QB that can run the offense effectivly. One that has the touch to be able to hit a WR in stride. One that makes good decisions. One that does not fluster in game winning drives. JC is getting out played by rookies. Its time to bring the JC experiment to a close.

Trent Green ran Al's offense with mediocore WR's and he posted good stats. The skins WR's are better then what Trent had and we arent getting nowhere near the same production. Its time to get a QB that can run the offense effectivly. One that has the touch to be able to hit a WR in stride. One that makes good decisions. One that does not fluster in game winning drives. JC is getting out played by rookies. Its time to bring the JC experiment to a close.

he also had one of the best O Lines in football hands down.

Best oline of his generation! Best TE of his generation!! WRs unable to make catches in the middle of the field. Morton and Kennison did that

Best oline of his generation! Best TE of his generation!! WRs unable to make catches in the middle of the field. Morton and Kennison did that

Our oline does suck becasue of injuries. I think Al knows JC isnt the answer for his offense and that is were AL and JG clash.

RED06, statistics can be mined to support almost anyone's point of view, but the reality is that:

JC chokes at the end of games by throwing interceptions at the critical moment. Do you dispute this?

JC's pass accuracy is inconsistent at best. Sometimes he's accurate, sometimes not. Do you dispute this?

JC fumbles a lot. I think this is due to his slow release, it just takes him forever to release the ball and he winds-up like a baseball pitcher. It's a serious problem. Do you dispute this?

JC seems to have trouble reading defenses in certain situations, which result in interceptions. Do you dispute this?

and finally, JC may be a crybaby. Do you dispute this?

People on this board are so f'n impatient with devloping players. I would hate to see you all take up any sort of activity that requires patience to learn. Sheesh.

I hope Campbell makes everyone on this board eat some serious crow next year. I get sick and tired of all the negativity. People criticize the guy like they could go out there and do better. I'd like to see it.

Our oline does suck becasue of injuries. I think Al knows JC isnt the answer for his offense and that is were AL and JG clash.

This offense has never been present in 2 years he has been here.. Brunell or Campbell.. If your offense is so dependent on 1 player, it stinks.

RED06, statistics can be mined to support almost anyone's point of view, but the reality is that:

JC chokes at the end of games by throwing interceptions at the critical moment. Do you dispute this?

JC's pass accuracy is inconsistent at best. Sometimes he's accurate, sometimes not. Do you dispute this?

JC fumbles a lot. I think this is due to his slow release, it just takes him forever to release the ball and he winds-up like a baseball pitcher. It's a serious problem. Do you dispute this?

JC seems to have trouble reading defenses in certain situations, which result in interceptions. Do you dispute this?

and finally, JC may be a crybaby. Do you dispute this?

Jason has thrown INT a critical times in the game, but ALL young QB's have through the years. Jason is not the first , Do you dispute this?

Jason accuracy is not that bad of a problem with the amount of pressure he's under all of the time, and he has a VERY strong arm that he need s to work on I don't doubt that.

The GREAT Peyton Manning had trouble reading defenses his first couple of years and he CHOKED every year in the playoff until last year. And Peyton CHOKED in the game against NE this year!!! And Peyton was 3-13 his first year as a starter but look at him now? Glad some of you guys didn't have to judge his talent LOL

And I DON'T agree with you on Jason is a cry baby, NO HE'S NOT!!!

He's in his FIRST SEASON man dang!!!!!!!!!!! And he wants to win VERY bad

Give it a rest, NO OTHER YOUNG QB IS DOING ANY BETTER!!! PERIOD!!! Do you dispute this? If you do, prove it STATS wise not by trying to sell me on them, because EVERY system is different in the NFL for offense and Defense so those QB's all of you are jumping on their band wagon most likely won't look any better than JC here in Washington. Do you dispute this?

RED06

first of all way to give up. if we win out we have a graet chance at the playoffs!

next, fumbles by quarterbacks in the pocket are NEVER on the quarterback. a quarterback is going to fumble the ball every time a dlinemen is on his backside and swiping at his arm.

and you cant blame it on campbell when the o line was giving him no time and portis averaged 2 yards a carry!

that game was definitely not campbells fault.

Archived