Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell = Turnover Machine

FanSinceSonnyJ

outplayed by rookies? clemens had 5 TURNOVERS to work off of. he threw the ball 24 times. dont tell me he outplayed campbell...he didnt have to do a damn thing but work with a 25 yard field and hand the ball off to his RB's who scored 3 TD's.

40 points and your QB has 230yds 1TD and 1INT? That tells you something. he didnt have to do much to win the game. period.

as for Edwards, him and Campbell pretty much played the same game, except if you actually watched it, you would see Edwards had all day to throw nearly every attempt, whereas Campbell was running for his life. Edwards played a better game than Campbell today, but he was given the tools to do so for 1, and for 2, that was one of Edwards best games managing the ball vs. one of Campbells worst.

If youre going to compare man, compare apples to apples.

Maybe if Portis got over 2 a carry and we ran some deep routes that he actually had time to wait for the receiver to get down the field, Jason Campbell wouldn't have to try to win the game in the 4th quarter after dominating the first half. Can we score a TD inside the 5 yard line for God's sake? SHows how important Mike Sellers is to this offense.

Enough already, what happened to people giving the QB time to develop and dealing with the growing pains. God Peyton through 28 count em 28 interceptions his first year. You don't just come straight into the game and become good overnight, it takes TIME. Theres only been two QB's who have come right in and did good, and that is Brady and Romo sits to pee. And one of those is directly attributed to the presence of T.O. and an O line that actually blocks, and receivers that actually catch the ball.

Most all of us our getting sick of the "be patient" excuse at this point for the reason Campbell is not getting it done. Bottom line, he doesn't turn the ball over, we're probably 7-5 at worst. Unfortunately, our inept offense has no margin of error when it comes to turnovers as we only score about 17 points a game which is easily overcome when turnovers get factored in. If we were scoring about 28 points a game, Campbell's miscues wouldn't be as big a factor, but it's past time he start protecting the ball better. Manning is a poor comparison. The same turnover comparisons could be made about lousy QB's that have come and gone - Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Bryan Leftwhich come to mind.

Bottom line, Campbell's miscues have costs us big time this season.

Even when the WR's get open JC overthrows them. Either its an overthrow or a too high pass. The only thing he is consistant with is turnovers.

How about that perfect ball to Caldwell on the sideline. Or the number of excellent lasers to Cooley early on?

I am convinced you dont watch football and just look at #'s. He has a tendency to overthrow, yes, is that reason to dump a guy and start all over from square one? Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City, 49ers, Jets, Buffalo, Arizona...do we have to keep going down the list...all teams who year in year out SUCK because they have no QB. We find a guy with all the tangibles, improving intangibles, and we want to throw him away because hes getting a bit ancy and overthrowing receivers?

get real.

Off topic for a bit, I have absolutely NO problem with that offensive series. At that point in the game, you're milking the clock and making Buffalo burn its timeouts. If we try to throw, we could give up a sack or throw an incompletion that stops the clock. It's all about game management at that point and, even though we didn't pick up the first down, we took a good 40 seconds off the clock and put ourselves in a position to make it difficult for the Bills to win the game.

If you want to get mad, blame the punter for hitting a low, line-driver that was returnable and yielded 20 yards on that return, and the defense for not keeping the Bills from getting downfield.

A sack burns the clock just like a run up the gut. At least have the confidence in your quarterback to let him throw a 7 yard pass which he was doing very well all game. Instead, we run right with Portis, which was averaging 2 yards per.

I want to say something in this thread but I just can't. These days everything dealing with the Washington Redskins whether you want to praise them or bash them takes too much effort. I don't know what to do or say, it's like I'm on autopilot. I guess I'll just watch. The replies are coming so fast. Man has 2007 been hard.

Jason made a couple of bad throws, but the Moss not coming back to the ball was the reason they got the pick. I blame Gibbs for his 8 point lead ridiculously conservative playcalling. And yes, he was the reason we weren't passing. Oh I also blame Portis for not breaking a single tackle.

Its funny how you come hear and blast JC when he has primarily been somewhat of a bright spot on this very dismal season..So if we get rid of JC who would you like to see come off the bench??? Boonell??? JC is going through the same thing Peyton, Brady and all other great QB's have gone through..

If you want to start a thread about your frustrations with this team, start with the coaching staff who have made this team the laughing stock of the NFL, then follow-up with the O-line who cannot block my sons JR PEE WEE team and to conclude the "D" who in the beginning of the year was the bright spot and I know we have alot of injuries cannot knock down a ball with 5 men around it at the end of the game!!!!!!!!

This team needs to start over and it has to start with the coaching staff and as much as I appreciate what Gibbs did for this team in the past, yesterday was just the final straw. Granted the Bills kicker may have possibly made the kick again but to call a 2nd TO and move the ball up 15yds for a chip shot!!! Freakin ridiculous....

Sorry not buying your using JC as a scapegoat...next year and for years to come you will be a JC fan and eat your words....

How about that perfect ball to Caldwell on the sideline. Or the number of excellent lasers to Cooley early on?

I am convinced you dont watch football and just look at #'s. He has a tendency to overthrow, yes, is that reason to dump a guy and start all over from square one? Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City, 49ers, Jets, Buffalo, Arizona...do we have to keep going down the list...all teams who year in year out SUCK because they have no QB. We find a guy with all the tangibles, improving intangibles, and we want to throw him away because hes getting a bit ancy and overthrowing receivers?

get real.

It's pro football guy. He's paid to throw perfect passes. He was a first rounder for pete's sake. Sure he throws some nice passes, never said he didn't. However, he also throws some poor passes, some passes he shouldn't even throw, and makes slow decisions at times. It's his inconsistancy that is killing us. What good is 300 yds passing if you turn it over 2-3 times to lose the game? If he stops turning the ball over he'll be fine. Sadly, he shows no signs of doing it.

get real.

I watch every game and I'm not impressed by JC. JC does not have good touch when he throws downfield and the tunovers are killing us. The main problem that I have with him is the sssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwww release. His wind style of passing is so slow that DB's are able to read where he is throwing before the ball leaves his hand. He's been in the NFL for three years and he has yet to correct that problem.

It's pro football guy. He's paid to throw perfect passes. He was a first rounder for pete's sake. Sure he throws some nice passes, never said he didn't. However, he also throws some poor passes, some passes he shouldn't even throw, and makes slow decisions at times. It's his inconsistancy that is killing us. What good is 300 yds passing if you turn it over 2-3 times to lose the game? If he stops turning the ball over he'll be fine. Sadly, he shows no signs of doing it.

Anybody remember Dave Krieg?

:doh:

So your reasoning is that our first rounder isn't playing like a first rounder? I suppose we should bench Mike Sellers along with JC, huh?

It's simplistic and, frankly, ignorant to lay the blame for this offense entirely at the feet of Jason Campbell. He is surrounded by veterans on the line and at the other skill positions, and they shoulder much of the responsibility for the offensive shortcomings.

We knew coming in to the season that Campbell was a work in progress, and we knew we needed to be patient with his development. Frankly, I'm encouraged by his decisionmaking and some of the throws he's making. Most of his fumbles have come when his arm is hit while ****ing to throw, and he's already speeded up his throwing motion from last year to this year.

Those of you who want to see him gone or benched, be careful what you wish for.

Give it a break FanssinceSonnyJ, your making yourself sound very silly. Your losing all credibility on knowing anything about football... Get rid of JC,,,yea right that along with the 2nd TO yesterday by Gibbs makes me think that you were born the same year as Gibbs and maybe even in the same hospital...

Its funny how you come hear and blast JC when he has primarily been somewhat of a bright spot on this very dismal season..So if we get rid of JC who would you like to see come off the bench??? Boonell??? JC is going through the same thing Peyton, Brady and all other great QB's have gone through..

If you want to start a thread about your frustrations with this team, start with the coaching staff who have made this team the laughing stock of the NFL, then follow-up with the O-line who cannot block my sons JR PEE WEE team and to conclude the "D" who in the beginning of the year was the bright spot and I know we have alot of injuries cannot knock down a ball with 5 men around it at the end of the game!!!!!!!!

This team needs to start over and it has to start with the coaching staff and as much as I appreciate what Gibbs did for this team in the past, yesterday was just the final straw. Granted the Bills kicker may have possibly made the kick again but to call a 2nd TO and move the ball up 15yds for a chip shot!!! Freakin ridiculous....

Sorry not buying your using JC as a scapegoat...next year and for years to come you will be a JC fan and eat your words....

Let's get something clear. Jason Campbell is not the sole problem, but he certainly has cost us dearly the past 4 weeks with his turnovers. In fairness to him, the OL does suck, our play calling is predictable, and our WR's getting open is the exception not the rule. Only bright spot on offense is Cooley. Because we only score about 17 points per game, we have zero margin of error for turnovers.

The points you make are valid, but Campbell needs to learn to protect the ball.

Bottom line is that we are pretty much a lousy team at this juncture. Period.

Youre right, it is pro football "guy" and anyone who knows anything about it wouldnt expect a 1st rounder to be a perfect passing machine in his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th year in the league.

Peyton Manning. 1st rounder.

In his FOURTH YEAR he threw 23 picks. Was sacked 29 times. Had 7 fumbles.

Wake up man. The dude has barely played. Critique him all you want with your pro scout vision, but in reality, you have to give a guy a chance before you just throw him away. Campbell has shown consistent growth and nothing outside of typical young QB mistakes that would make a sane person want to let go.

Give it a break FanssinceSonnyJ, your making yourself sound very silly. Your losing all credibility on knowing anything about football... Get rid of JC,,,yea right that along with the 2nd TO yesterday by Gibbs makes me think that you were born the same year as Gibbs and maybe even in the same hospital...

Where did I say get rid of him Polo? All I said is that he is a turnover machine. Are you denying this to be the case?? We've lost 4 straight guy. Sorry those are the cold hard facts.

Cease the insults jack, you may not agree with my views, but you are expected to behave in a courteous manner around here. Got it?

Had we not had JC's two turnovers, we probably would have had enough cushion to offset any last many heroics for the Bills' kicker or offset Gibbs' huge blunder.

Would love to hear the excuses this week from the Jason Campbell faithfull. Four straight losses gentlemen, all can be heavily attributed to costly turnovers by Jason Campbell or his inability to get first downs late in the game. We were beaten by the Buffalo Bills yesterday, the lowly Buffalo Bills! At home!! We're now 5-7 and playing for pride only and draft pick ranking. Absolutely pitiful.

Jason Campbell has yet to prove anything other than he folds like a house of cards when the pressure is really on through an errant pass, interception, or fumble. Proof? Just watch the games!

These last minute thrillers against lowly teams are way past old at this point. I can't begin to describe how underwelmed I am at this point.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of all the props Cambell is getting as he leads us to yet another loss week end and week out.

Been a fan of this team for 40 years, and this is about as low as it can go.

Even if we beat the inept Bears (whose lousy offense if only marginally better than ours) the season is over, over, over.

Look for cheap ticket prices at FedEx field on StubHub for the rest of our home games.

Glad to have this off my chest.

This board amazes me. You get no pass protection and 2 yards per carry from your running game.... which leaves your 1st year starter to carry the game on his back and MAKE plays... Turnovers are bound to happen.... Why... because nobody else is doing a damn thing.

Asking Campbell to single handedly wins games is ridiculous. NO RUNNING GAME. Just like last week when we get CRUSHED on 4th and 1. NO RUNNING GAME. NO PASS PROTECTION.

Campbell is moving in the pocket, scrambling for his life, making plays with his legs, and you point the finger because the ball gets knock out of his hand when he is throwing, or 2 to 3 D-linemen hit him at once, or when Ladell is starring off into space as the LB blazes by him getting Campbell for the safety.

Pull your head out of your azz.

Archived