Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the Redskin fans who are selling the Sean Taylor Towels

UVASKINSFAN

The crappy thing is that I really want a towel for my brother's and my collections. So far I'm winning 2 bids for the towels and I while feel jipped that I'm doing this, I also realize that I want these towels for my family's collection!! I

'm also thinking of just bidding for the other towels on Ebay just so I can round them up into my posession then I can give them away to TRUE fans who are dying to get a towel for their families, but can't afford to do bidding wars on ebay. I don't know, the whole thing has pissed me off enough, I might just do that.

I'm having a hard time with this, because I am away at college and didn't get to go to the game. I've been a diehard skins fan for life and I want one to frame next to my ST jersey. I hate that I have to go through ebay and become a part of a persons greed in order to pay tribute to a great football player and person...

I wrote ebay to complain. Some of these mf'ers are asking 75 plus marked up shiping.

If I didn't get one on sunday, then I definately would want one, but I don't think I could bring myself to support someone like that actions.

The skins maybe should sell them at cost so anyone who wants to honor sean can, and to eliminate the market for these oppertunistic scumbags.

Business is business, like it or not. I agree with the fact that people are cashing in on his death and that they are overcharging for items this past week. But this is how the world is. This happens all the time, think of Elaine and Kramer with the JFK golf clubs.

I collect Redskins cards (70,000 +++ and counting) and I spent a lot of money this week on Taylor cards. The prices went through the roof. Many of the items I bought were rare, or hard to find, and I paid a premium for them. But, as a fan, am willing to do that for my collection. I will not be selling them, and in a way helped me through some of this. I am very proud of my collection, and am glad that I am fortunate enough to be able to afford some of these items.

For example...Sean did not sign ANY of his rookie cards. Some of these cards come out stating "Autograph" printed on the card, then where the signature should be it states "Player did not sign" or "No signature". A signed Sean Taylor Rookie card will command a premium due to the fact that his signature was very hard to get until just very recently.

So, what do you think a Sean Taylor Rookie card with his signature on it went for (with a Certificate of Authenticity)? $305.00. Auto 8x10's? $250++. Auto ball? $300 ++. Crazy man..Riggo charges $200 for his signature. Theismann $90, Doug Williams $75, Mike Thomas $35...(just for some perspective) and they are all alive.

I am not selling any ST items by the way...We got 3 yesterday (2 for us and 1 from a Bills fan) which will all be in the family collection.

Ca la vie, such is life...Some things are expected, and you should not let this ruffle your feathers too much. Right or wrong. Can we do anything to change it? Nope. It's not like they are trying to sell things on the ES board. Here we could resolve the issue. Think globally, act locally.

Just to let everyone know, there were a lot of really great people at the stadium yesterday giving Sean his respect. People wearing all colors (Skins, Bills, Dallas, Giants). The memorial was well attended. My son and I had homemade armbands on to honor Sean, and I saw a lot of other items people brought to the game.

I don't know, if you were at the game, and you don't want to keep your towel, the Capitalist thing to do is to sell it to someone who does want it as a momento. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it so long as there isn't any FRAUD involved.

Archived