Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the Redskin fans who are selling the Sean Taylor Towels

UVASKINSFAN

What a bout all the people who didnt get to go to the game that want a towel? They try hard to find a towel online so they can have a piece of the game. There's a ton of people out there that want those. Either draw randomly or bid on it. I understand it sounds grim, but hell, its a free market and these things are going to happen. Really, stop complaining. Everything that isn't perfect has been complained about this week.

Honor Sean the way you do, and worry about that. What other people do is their karma, how you react is yours.

I am not going to buy one on EBAY but I would if I had the cash to spend.

I can't really fault the one's doing it. If it was 2 months from now instead of 2 days I doubt anyone here would notice.

Put it this way, If Snyder starting putting these in the Redskins stores they would be flying off the shelves. Even if he gave the profits to charity or a fund for Seans family he would make a more money from the traffic it would create.

Would those of you that have so much criticism of those selling on ebay call Snyder classless if he did that?

I too was shocked to see the towels on e-bay. I would love to have one, but I am not putting money into the pockets of people who have no respect for what that towel stands for.

I was going to buy my grown son a Cooley jersey for Christmas, but changed my mind and ordered him a Taylor jersey instead. I know my son will cherish it. Anyway, two days after I ordered and paid for the jersey, I got an e-mail from the website saying they were sorry but they were out of Taylor jerseys and they refunded my money. I imagine they pulled them until a later date when they can get a ridiculous price for them. Thank goodness, I was able to find one for my son (and one for myself) on another site.....but it was a tough task.

RIP Sean!

I will like to add to this conversation. . . I was at Sunday's game with my two boys. Section 202, Row 5. . . and someone sitting next to us stole my son's towel. A 9-year old boy's towel at that. Keep in mind, everyone around us was very aware we were trying to find his towel. Some people sitting next to us were helping us look for it. Of course it made my son cry that we couldn't find it. And no one coughed it up. I really do wonder what this world has come to. Stealing a towel from a child while he is sitting in his seat. I can probably guess that there is a good chance one of those towels on ebay could very well be his! I can only hope what comes around goes around! God (& ST) knows who you are and you should be ashamed of yourself!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=sean+taylor+towel&category0

I see 41 Towels are already on ebay. If any of you are on this site I jus want to let you guys now imo this is wrong. You are profiting on a mans death. This is a sick and classless act. If you dont want the towel give it too a Redskin fan who will cherish and honor it and not sell it for 50 bucks. This is a disgrace imho and any redskin fan or any human being honestly who does this has something wrong with them. Sometimes you can really see what a sick world this is. Now I can see on ebay all the fans who grabbed like 5 towels and left some fans without one to wave during the game. Sick and Classless.

Agreed. I'd love to believe that it's the Bills fans selling them but I know there's a Redskin fan or two selling them and it makes me sick.

Whats worse is that people are bidding on them.

I will like to add to this conversation. . . I was at Sunday's game with my two boys. Section 202, Row 5. . . and someone sitting next to us stole my son's towel. A 9-year old boy's towel at that. Keep in mind, everyone around us was very aware we were trying to find his towel. Some people sitting next to us were helping us look for it. Of course it made my son cry that we couldn't find it. And no one coughed it up. I really do wonder what this world has come to. Stealing a towel from a child while he is sitting in his seat. I can probably guess that there is a good chance one of those towels on ebay could very well be his! I can only hope what comes around goes around! God (& ST) knows who you are and you should be ashamed of yourself!

My buddy has a extra one I will see if he can give it to your son. I 'm sure it was the people helping you look for it! ****in clepto's!

What's sad is that for those who really want one, they will pay the outrageous prices.

Myself included. :(

I know what you mean. I'd have given anything to have been able to attend that game. But I have a farm to run to support my family. I just paid $130 for a towel and ticket stub. My Redskin room needed something to remember ST. Maybe the "scum" selling on ebay just wanted to turn a quick profit, maybe he's a jerk, maybe he's a sports memorabilia dealer. Who knows? What we do know is that a towel that was unappreciated by him is now in the hands of someone who will cherish it. E-bay is not all bad.

I just think it's sad that people feel the urge to do things like this. Even if you aren't a Redskins fan, have some respect and give it to a Skins fan who didn't get one.

I love mine and there isn't enough money in the word to part me from it.

This is just gross.

But it doesn't surprise me. My dad got an extra towel for me at the game (since I couldnt go, I begged him to bring one back so I could frame it) and some ******* stole it. He turned around for a second and it was gone. He called me from the game to tell me.

He also said there were a lot of jerks there being loud during the moment of silence.

Anyway, he is giving me his towel, but still... some people... I don't even know what to say.

This is just gross.

But it doesn't surprise me. My dad got an extra towel for me at the game (since I couldnt go, I begged him to bring one back so I could frame it) and some ******* stole it. He turned around for a second and it was gone. He called me from the game to tell me.

He also said there were a lot of jerks there being loud during the moment of silence.

Anyway, he is giving me his towel, but still... some people... I don't even know what to say.

Freaking amazing...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=sean+taylor+towel&category0

I see 41 Towels are already on ebay. If any of you are on this site I jus want to let you guys now imo this is wrong. You are profiting on a mans death. This is a sick and classless act. If you dont want the towel give it too a Redskin fan who will cherish and honor it and not sell it for 50 bucks. This is a disgrace imho and any redskin fan or any human being honestly who does this has something wrong with them. Sometimes you can really see what a sick world this is. Now I can see on ebay all the fans who grabbed like 5 towels and left some fans without one to wave during the game. Sick and Classless.

while I agree with you 100%, it's the only way that us fans that could not attend the game can get one. I know that encourages them but it's something that I really want

Not that perspective is in abundence around here lately, but...

... it's just a towel.

Pretty trivial in comparison to what was ACTUALLY lost this week.

A shot at a national championship? ;)

Hey, a little levity can't hurt, right? At some point we have to dry or tears and start moving forward.

My buddy has a extra one I will see if he can give it to your son. I 'm sure it was the people helping you look for it! ****in clepto's!

That's very kind of you to offer but I gave him mine to keep. I was just so stunned someone would steal from a kid. Guess they didn't have enough b***s to try to steal a towel from a thirty-something year old so they stole from a little boy.

Looks like one of the guys selling towels on EBay is from Calvert County.

It makes me sick to my stomach because Im from there too. I wish I werent in California right now because I'd be tempted to go give this Jeff dude a piece of my mind. How are you going to capitalize off of something so painful.

No class.

Archived