Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something different to talk about. Should we kick to Hester?(merged)

kcofdc

I would have to say...NO WAY !!!

Hester is head and shoulders above all other return men in the league. It doesn't matter how good our coverage is, if he is "on" his game he will hurt us or any team for that matter. If teams were to set aside their pride and do the smart thing, Hester will never return a kick again. No one should kick to that guy.

If this team has any strength right now it's their special teams. We've done a good job there all year. Rock has been close to breaking runs and we've been stout in coverage.

With that said I still wouldn't kick to him. Then again as someone posted earlier we'll probably lose either way so whats the point...

If we don't kick to Hester, then we're robbing fans of the game. It's like Bonds being a home run away from a season or career record and all the pitchers are saying, "Not against me!" and serving up walks.

But strategically? We'd be fools to kick to Hester. He's much too dangerous. The reward of possibly getting a fumble off him is more than countered by the more likely big return(s). Besides, Chicago gets a lot of points off turn-overs and returns. Right? Do we really want to feed into that?

Archived