Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're going to be real good next year.

ColdnGrey

we will stink as long as we have players who stay hurt, make stupid mistakes like turnovers, penalties that continue drives, etc....

dropped passes

it's not the coaching, it's not the talent level, it's not the injuries... it's all the stupid mistakes made by players who should know better, and get paid to not make these type of mistakes

And that is the problem that people refuse to think about. Who is bringing in said players?

We can't win close games. Good teams win close games.

Our QB chokes late. Good QBs score TDs late.

If one (with a BRAIN, of course; NOT You) would compare the 1st FULL Year's (as STARTERS) Statistics of: ELWAY, P. MANNING, FAVRE, AIKMAN, RYPIEN, D. WILLIAMS, THEISMAN, MONTANA, YOUNG, etc. (SuperBowl WINNERS - ALL)...one would be HARD-PRESSED to NOT find PROMISE with JASON CAMPBELL!?! :doh::mad::(

The DEFENSE Rests. :cheers::applause::2cents:

Yep, we'll be great next year. All we need is as follows:

2 receivers

4 corners

3 D lineman

2 O lineman

1 head coach

1 O cord.

1 D cord.

1 New Owner

Yep, things are looking up. As usual for this crap hole franchise, it's November and we are talking about next year. I hate being the Browns of the millenium. We are the worst franchise in the NFL. We have nothing going for us. The raiders are looking better than we are. Geez, at least the 2-8 rams are playing decent football. I wish we could say the same. We are the biggest joke in pro sports. The team that pegs the salary cap to lose constantly.

When have you seen JC lob the ball where the receiver can run under it??? JC throws the ball flat and hard on every throw. Go watch Favre to see what a lob throw is.

Very good point. JC has no touch. He throws line drives when he needs to let his receiver go get it.

I will say this. The play before he got schooled by Barber, Moss should have had that nice lob pass. That's one of the few passes that JC has shown some touch on.

Here's to more games that throw Jason curveballs this year, because that will make us that much stronger next year.

QUOTE]

Yea, who knows, this might actually help in the long run. What might happen next year, or even this year when the balls don't bounce right up into romos hands. What if all of a sudden the wheels were to come off the c*wb*ys season? It's a game of micro-inches. We'll see if this will build character in JC. Sometimes a little losing might be better than instant success.

PS. I would have taken instant success though.

Jason shows promise. There is no shame in having a rebuilding year after a QB change.

None at all.

I've been excited about Campbell since the day we drafted him. But, so far in his career, he's showed that he can make some nice throws, sure, but he's also showed that he is a choke. Forget about leading his team to victory, how about he doesn't cost his team the game? All three of his picks (in the past two games) have been absolutely horrible decesions and horrible throws. The CBs didn't make a great move, the WR didn't tip the ball or run the wrong route, JC just threw HORRIBLE balls.

Taking off the B&G goggles, what you have in JC is a quarterback who has all the intagibles and can make great throws but chokes in the clutch. Until he proves otherwise, that's what he is.

And this was not a rebuilding year and just because we're losing doesn't mean we can claim its a rebuilding year. Gibbs era II years 1 and maybe 2 were rebuilding years, not this year. We were a team who should have made playoffs. And we may still do that, but it doesn't look like it.

I really hope JC can change his ways down the stretch because if he has another game or two like this, his confidence will be over for the rest of his career. And I don't think that's over-exaggerating.

They are a few of us that know it really dont matter who the quarterback is, you think Brady or Manning would make us winnings. No not with Snyder leading this team. When he gets serouis and hires a good(hopefully) GM then we can build this team into winners.

I agree with you as long as Snyder wants to "have fun" with this team...I doubt we will see the Lombardi here anytime soon.

I've been excited about Campbell since the day we drafted him. But, so far in his career, he's showed that he can make some nice throws, sure, but he's also showed that he is a choke. Forget about leading his team to victory, how about he doesn't cost his team the game? All three of his picks (in the past two games) have been absolutely horrible decesions and horrible throws. The CBs didn't make a great move, the WR didn't tip the ball or run the wrong route, JC just threw HORRIBLE balls.

Taking off the B&G goggles, what you have in JC is a quarterback who has all the intagibles and can make great throws but chokes in the clutch. Until he proves otherwise, that's what he is.

He's performing better than a lot of QBs performing in their first year. Hell, he's still much better than the higher drafted Alex Smith in the same year. Everyone gets disappointed that he isn't suddenly Tony Romo sits to pee (Tho, Romo sits to pee had his own choke points last year as well.)

And this was not a rebuilding year and just because we're losing doesn't mean we can claim its a rebuilding year. Gibbs era II years 1 and maybe 2 were rebuilding years, not this year. We were a team who should have made playoffs. And we may still do that, but1 it doesn't look like it.

I'm sorry, but if you are as bad as your 5-11 record (and we were), you shouldn't be expecting playoffs, especially with a young QB who is still learning the game.

I think that's the problem with a lot of fans on here: their expectations were out of whack. Gibbs knew for most of the year that the team was going to struggle here and there and that there were some holes, but some fans wouldn't buy into it.

I really hope JC can change his ways down the stretch because if he has another game or two like this, his confidence will be over for the rest of his career. And I don't think that's over-exaggerating.

Considering all that JC went through in college, I hardly think these losses are going to kill his confidence. It is all about learning what you did wrong.

Jason

We don't know whether Portis or Moss will be here. We don't know if Jansen will be here. We don't know if Springs or Griffin will be here.

Next year is completely up in the air.

Actually, we know that Jansen will be here, because he just got a new deal. I doubt Moss or Portis will be gone.

Course, maybe if you had your way, maybe they would be all gone, since you believe so much in changing players.

Jason

Archived