Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're going to be real good next year.

ColdnGrey

It's becoming clear that this year is nearly a lost cause (5 in a row and we probably still won't go!!), however you can not have asked for a better learning year for Campbell.

Before you **** all over of the post, remember the kid fought back for a 302 yard 2nd half. These close games SUCK. There is no doubt about that. However, these are the kind of games that will make Jason go from the green rookie, to the savvy vet in the 2008 season.

Here's to more games that throw Jason curveballs this year, because that will make us that much stronger next year.

Jason shows promise. There is no shame in having a rebuilding year after a QB change.

None at all.

It's becoming clear that this year is nearly a lost cause (5 in a row and we probably still won't go!!), however you can not have asked for a better learning year for Campbell.

Before you **** all over of the post, remember the kid fought back for a 302 yard 2nd half. These close games SUCK. There is no doubt about that. However, these are the kind of games that will make Jason go from the green rookie, to the savvy vet in the 2008 season.

Here's to more games that throw Jason curveballs this year, because that will make us that much stronger next year.

Jason shows promise. There is no shame in having a rebuilding year after a QB change.

None at all.

With Joe Gibbs as the coach :laugh: . Yea right i said the same thing last year that we would be 12-4 this year but the redskins always find a way to lose games and blow leads. If it aint one thing its always another. These things are gonna haunt us until someone gets in here and gets a GM who drafts the right players for the system and makes us play fired up football.

Why will we be any better next year? There's not reason we should be this bad this year. We just find ways to lose. It's going to take a long time for me to ever have any faith in this team again. They are just a terrible organization all the way around. I see no reason to hope anymore.

With Joe Gibbs as the coach :laugh: . Yea right i said the same thing last year that we would be 12-4 this year but the redskins always find a way to lose games and blow leads. If it aint one thing its always another. These things are gonna haunt us until someone gets in here and gets a GM who drafts the right players for the system and makes us play fired up football.

Bottom line, you were kidding yourself if you thought we had a chance at 12-4 this year. New starter, injury bug, poor playing calling the first 8 weeks of the season. These things will work themselves out NEXT year, and hopefully for the rest of this season, but 8-8 is a decent dream for this season.

Why will we be any better next year? There's not reason we should be this bad this year. We just find ways to lose. It's going to take a long time for me to ever have any faith in this team again. They are just a terrible organization all the way around. I see no reason to hope anymore.

There are a ton of reasons we are the way we are this season. The injury bug has KILLED us, our receivers are suspect, and will hopefully be addressed in free agency/draft, and of course Jason. Other then a few garbage games last year (there should be no argument that season was over when he got the ball.) this is the first year he's played as a starter. I think he's played above expectations (at least mine) and has had the type of games you want to see a young quarterback deal with early in his career.

I'd rather have Jason fight through and lose these heartbreakers then to get blown out every game, or blow out every team this season. This is exactly the way a young quarterback LEARNS to be clutch.

i like your optimism but im getting a little tired of saying how good we will be next year and talking about the positves that we have while looking at a lousy record.

Agreed. There are some positives, the offense is opening up, the D was awesome in the 2nd half-12 plays, no first downs by Tampa. But, the team is too inconsistent. Until the Skins can put a string of wins together and have 2 successful seasons in a row, this team will never look better than when Norv was coaching.

We can't win close games. Good teams win close games.

Our QB chokes late. Good QBs score TDs late.

Who ever said we were a good team this year? We have a patchwork o-line, a piss poor receiving corp and a young quaterback who is just now learning what NFL pressure games are like. We should be a bad team, yet we overachieved at the start of the season.

Jason will be fine next year, this season is exactly what he needed. We just need to address the other two issues me have.

"We're going to be real good next year."

That statement is just worn out and not cuttin it anymore. With the exception of the 2005 season, year after year and we wind up with the same mediocre results and excuses.

I'm still a Redskins fan but this origination has got to prove they can win before I have any more confidence in them.

shut the **** up if we can't put points up on the board when it matters there is no way. This team is a big pile of steaming **** that was a major "could-have-been".

You're missing the point. I'm not talking about this year's team. If you thought that THIS years team was a "could-have-been" then you were kidding yourself.

we will stink as long as we have players who stay hurt, make stupid mistakes like turnovers, penalties that continue drives, etc....

dropped passes

it's not the coaching, it's not the talent level, it's not the injuries... it's all the stupid mistakes made by players who should know better, and get paid to not make these type of mistakes

You have NO idea how the team will be next season. You don't know who will be here. You don't know about injuries. You don't know about coaching changes. You don't know if Gibbs will be able to better manage a game and stop challenging calls that everybody and their mother know is a bad challenge.

This thread is as ridiculous as those that "guarantee" victories week in and week out.

There are a ton of reasons we are the way we are this season. The injury bug has KILLED us, our receivers are suspect, and will hopefully be addressed in free agency/draft, and of course Jason. Other then a few garbage games last year (there should be no argument that season was over when he got the ball.) this is the first year he's played as a starter. I think he's played above expectations (at least mine) and has had the type of games you want to see a young quarterback deal with early in his career.

I'd rather have Jason fight through and lose these heartbreakers then to get blown out every game, or blow out every team this season. This is exactly the way a young quarterback LEARNS to be clutch.

Quoted for truth.

I'm going to hope, but I'm going to be realistic. We have a young QB who is learning. Aside from the INTs during crucial moments, I see a diamond in the rough. I see more fire in his heart every time we lose by a thread.

I think we're watching a REALLY good QB growing up in front of our eyes. I just hope he can shake off this loss.

Archived