Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're going to be real good next year.

ColdnGrey

I'm tired of all the kool aid chugging going on......Campbell has been around long enough to stop making stupid decisions with the game on the line. They're stuck with Joe for 2008...and I don't see any reason why they will learn how to win close games next year either.

Bottom line, you were kidding yourself if you thought we had a chance at 12-4 this year. New starter, injury bug, poor playing calling the first 8 weeks of the season. These things will work themselves out NEXT year, and hopefully for the rest of this season, but 8-8 is a decent dream for this season.

You think things are gonna be different next year. No injuries next all of a sudden they are going to get it gong. Yeah right.

I'm tired of all the kool aid chugging going on......Campbell has been around long enough to stop making stupid decisions with the game on the line. They're stuck with Joe for 2008...and I don't see any reason why they will learn how to win close games next year either.

Campbell has played 10 meaningful games, and has preformed progressivly better in each one. He's going to make stupid decsions. It happens to the best new starters. (remember Romo sits to pee's 5 interception game?..or look at Eli today.) You have to give a QB like Jason some room to learn before you start talking about Kool Aid and Campbell in the same sentence.

It's becoming clear that this year is nearly a lost cause (5 in a row and we probably still won't go!!), however you can not have asked for a better learning year for Campbell.

Before you **** all over of the post, remember the kid fought back for a 302 yard 2nd half. These close games SUCK. There is no doubt about that. However, these are the kind of games that will make Jason go from the green rookie, to the savvy vet in the 2008 season.

Here's to more games that throw Jason curveballs this year, because that will make us that much stronger next year.

Jason shows promise. There is no shame in having a rebuilding year after a QB change.

None at all.

Really? Dallas seems to be doing just fine after their QB change.

Bucs are doing fine after changing to Garcia.

Saints did great changing to Brees.

Pats did fine when they went with a rookie named Brady.

All of the excuses made for Campbell are just that, excuses. The kid loses, plain and simple. And before anyone says, yeah but his stats...let me point out that the NFL is littered with gutsy guys who put up stats and lost. *Littered* with them.

Once the team learns how to win games like today on a consistant basis, then they'll win a lot of games. Jason is getting better, he's close now to where he needs to be. He seems much more confident and more at ease in the pocket. But all eleven guys on offense(and defense, too) have got to do their part. Receivers have got to fight for the ball, runningbacks have got to fight hard for every inch and linemen have got to block and tackle -- all the time. Turnovers caused the loss today. And for the team to have a chance to win with SIX turnovers tells me they are playing hard and can be a real good team if they continue to fight and execute. Don't give up.

Really? Dallas seems to be doing just fine after their QB change.

Bucs are doing fine after changing to Garcia.

Saints did great changing to Brees.

Pats did fine when they went with a rookie named Brady.

All of the excuses made for Campbell are just that, excuses. The kid loses, plain and simple. And before anyone says, yeah but his stats...let me point out that the NFL is littered with gutsy guys who put up stats and lost. *Littered* with them.

So you give me four examples, 2 of which involve long time veterans, one of which involves the best "new" quarterback to come a long in a long while (and who is also prone to choking. and you didn't even mention how his recieving corps carry him) and arguably the best quarterback ever to play the game, who also wasn't amazing his first 16 games.

I mean, if you can't see the fallacy in your argument, I don't know how to continue the discussion with you.

So you give me four examples, 2 of which involve long time veterans, one of which involves the best "new" quarterback to come a long in a long while (and who is also prone to choking. and you didn't even mention how his recieving corps carry him) and arguably the best quarterback ever to play the game, who also wasn't amazing his first 16 games.

I mean, if you can't see the fallacy in your argument, I don't know how to continue the discussion with you.

Not to mention that Romo sits to pee has been in the league a couple of years longer than Campbell.

Jason

(remember Romo sits to pee's 5 interception game?

As much as I hate the pukes even though he threw 5 didnt they win. They have "it" we dont

You're right, this year, the do have "it" but its more due to Romo sits to pee's supporting cast then his ability alone.

I'd like to quit hearing about how we need just "one more player", be it a DE or whatever, and we'll somehow be fine.

This team is just not that good yet. On defense: we may be set at safeties and LBs, everywhere else we need help. On offense: we may be set at RBs and TE, everywhere else we need help. Who do we have behind Campbell if he doesn't work out, or gets hurt even if he stops throwing INTs?

you know what, if we had put JC in back in the Houston game of LAST year, maybe we'd not be suffering through essentially a "rookie" season for JC.

I seriously think we should cut our losses with Betts and draft a rookie RB with the way things are going. I'd say trade CP but he's put a black mark on his trade value this year.

The main thing that Campbell has learned in the past two weeks is that he is being trusted as the focal point of this offense. He spreading the ball about amongst the receivers very well.

Until the fourth quarter when he is driving down the field to win the game. Four potential game wining drives four interceptions. hmmmmmm

The rest of game outstanding.

It's becoming clear that this year is nearly a lost cause (5 in a row and we probably still won't go!!), however you can not have asked for a better learning year for Campbell.

Before you **** all over of the post, remember the kid fought back for a 302 yard 2nd half. These close games SUCK. There is no doubt about that. However, these are the kind of games that will make Jason go from the green rookie, to the savvy vet in the 2008 season.

Here's to more games that throw Jason curveballs this year, because that will make us that much stronger next year.

Jason shows promise. There is no shame in having a rebuilding year after a QB change.

None at all.

Don't you guys say the same thing every year??? As an aside Campbell isn't a rookie.

Campbell would be showing me some growth as a quarterback if he actually learned a lesson FROM LAST WEEK! Two dumb throws in a row when it counted. If somebody pulls that same move as Ronde did next week I will be upset.

JC has no touch

It would be nice if he LEARNED how to lob one in the hole

Archived