Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Would not Trade the Following Quarterbacks for Campbell right now

Ji

This thread is ridiculous. Are there really sane people out there that would give Campbell up for the likes of Eli, Garrard or Rivers??? No way would I make that move. Aside from Peyton, Brady and Palmer there isn't another qb in the league that I'd trade for Campbell. That's not to say that Campbell is the 4th best qb in the league right now, but he's improving week to week faster than any other qb in the league right now by far. Why would you even think of trading Campbell for a Kitna when you already know what you're going to get out of Kitna and the sky is the limit for Jason. I wouldn't even make a deal for Romo sits to pee. He's posted some great numbers with a great cast but some of his goose eggs would make me think twice. I just don't see the same raw talent in Romo sits to pee that I do in Campbell.

The original poster is "right on" with who he'd keep/trade.

We have only seen the tip of the ice berg with JC so far...he is a "pocket passer" with the ability to take off and run...plus he's hard as heck to bring down.

If anything, he has bee too cautious this year...alot of times I have seen him "want" to go deep but hesitate, then throw it anyways...most young QBs would try to force a bad throw.

JC had a great game last week but he is far from a top-10 QB.

Brady, Manning ( I will trade JC plus two No.1 for either one)

Romo sits to pee, Palmer, BigBen, Brees ( I will trade JC plus a No.1 for one of them)

Garrard, Eli, Schaub, DA, Young, Bulger ( I will trade JC for one of them)

I agree with most of your list. I don't know that I would trade for Drew Brees. I would have tried to get him back before Campbell was drafted and the Chargers let him go. That was an absolute crazy thing for the Chargers to do. Campbell is an up and comer and he is probably outside the top 10 in quarterbacks, but his stock is rising and I wouldn't be surprised to see him right outside the top 5 before years out.

This thread is ridiculous. Are there really sane people out there that would give Campbell up for the likes of Eli, Garrard or Rivers??? No way would I make that move. Aside from Peyton, Brady and Palmer there isn't another qb in the league that I'd trade for Campbell.

I just don't see the same raw talent in Romo sits to pee that I do in Campbell.

Sorry, but that's just plain ridiculous. Garrard was burning it up before he got injured, and Romo sits to pee is head and shoulders above JC. Even Derek Anderson is playing better than Campbell thus far.

Look, I hope he turns out well, but the results thus far are mixed. Yeah, Campbell is more athletic than a majority of starting QBs, but that doesn't mean he's better. Arrington was more athletic than LT, but he never held a candle to him. Michael Westbrook was more athletic than Jerry Rice, but amounted to nothing.

Yes Campbell's WRs, particularly Moss, dropped a number of passes early on, but in Campbell's swan song game last week, the receivers were constantly making terrific adjustments (especially Moss) to catch passes thrown behind them. Young QBs often make mistakes in reading coverage, which they overcome with experience, but few QBs ever overcome inaccuracy. We've been watching the likes of Brunell, Weurffel et al for so long that any guy who can throw 30 yards downfield looks incredible to us. Reminds me of Giants fans who swore Kerry Collins was all-pro because they'd spent the previous years watching losers like Dave Brown and Danny Kannell.

Even a Cowboys fan said "Give Jason Campbell a big-time receiver and he'll put up the same kind of numbers as Romo sits to pee."

Inconsistent O-Line, inconsistent running game, no true #1 reciever, best reciever (Cooley) neutered because he has to stay in and block, etc, and he still puts up 300-yd passing games, and multi-TD games?

Campbell is going to be a star in this league if he gets the talent around him.

I live in Nashville and Im somthing of a Titans fan because I live here. Jason and Young are in the same boat. Fisher is very particular about the way he builds quarterbacks. Almost a blue print of what Joe Gibbs has done with Campbell. Short passes with a lot of draft picks going to the defence. Once Young shows he can play within the scheme and make the reads the Titans will get wide recievers. I think they are building the team the right way.

You guys do realize that Vince Young's career QB rating is 65? That's 10 points behind Michael Vick's career passer rating. Why the heck would anyone want Vince Young? He's fodder at best right now. The Titans run the ball 40 times a game because they can't rely on Vince Young to win them football games.

I think some folks are star-struck by the guy who won the Rose Bowl twice... These are probably the same folks who criticize Daniel Snyder for his personnel moves.

Anyway, Young is no real NFL quarterback yet. He's Kordell Stewart at best. BTW, Kordell did make the Pro Bowl in 2001.

The interesting one to me is Carson Palmer. Perhaps it's because I watched him a lot at USC, but Campbell has always reminded me of Palmer, except that he's more mobile, and even more so since Palmer's knee injury.

I think Palmer has regressed since two years ago, but it's hard to say that that's due to him as opposed to the struggles that that entire team is going through. In the meantime Campbell has elevated his game and looks solid, and he's done this with far inferior WR's.

I like this comparison too. Similiar body type, the way they carry themselves in the pocket. Comparable arm strength. Both throw a pretty ball, tight spiral.

I watched Palmer in that opener against Baltimore. He was deadly on long passes but scattered a few on the underneath stuff. JC has had his overthrows but to me has always looked more natural on the down the field stuff. And now appears to be coming around with his accuracy in the short passing game too.

Palmer does seem to have regressed, and with that, the comparsion with JC does not appear to be too far fetched.

putting my Brunell fandom aside, I'd definitely put the following QBs over Campbell:

Brady, P. Manning, Palmer, Bulger, Brees, Hasselbeck, E. Manning, Cutler, Romo sits to pee, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Gerrard, Anderson, Boller, Kitna, Losman, Leinart

I won't get into maybes.

My guess is that you don't watch nearly enough football to make this statement.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you about how much football I watch, but I stand by statement. The only qb in the league right now whose learning curve even parallels Campbell is Jay Cutler. Sure there are better quarterbacks out there but it is simply amazing to watch Campbell's progression from week to week.

Part of what makes this thread silly is that its not asking which qb is better, but which qb you would trade Campbell for right now. I'd turn down a Campbell for Cutler trade in an instant because even if they're progressing similarly and have similar talents, who knows how long it would take Cutler to learn the system in place here. That's why I said that Manning, Brady or Palmer are the only 3 qb's that I'd drop Campbell for on a second's notice.

Of course we don't know exactly how Campbell is going to pan out. Maybe he won't keep progressing the way we all want. But here's the way I look at it - would you rather hold a $5 dollar raffle ticket that has a 50% chance of winning you $100 or would you rather hold a plain old $10 bill? To me, Campbell represents that $5 raffle ticket that I'm not parting with unless the offer is unbelievable.

putting my Brunell fandom aside, I'd definitely put the following QBs over Campbell:

Brady, P. Manning, Palmer, Bulger, Brees, Hasselbeck, E. Manning, Cutler, Romo sits to pee, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Gerrard, Anderson, Boller, Kitna, Losman, Leinart

I won't get into maybes.

You can discredited for mentioning Kyle Boller, Leinart and Losman :laugh:

I dunno, I think I might trade him for Vince Young.

Why would you want to trade him for a worse QB? I have never understood the Vince Young thing. The guy has 5 TDs to 12 INTs this year. I understand he can run, but he isn't Vick. He only has 3 TDs ruhing this year. A whopping 2 more than Campbell. And Campbell isn't considered a "running QB" like Young is.

honestly, i can say i wouldnt take anyone over Campbell... RIGHT NOW. The last 2 weeks he has run this offense.

I know that is extremely homeristic, but Campbell has been gelling with this team. He's opened up his game and he has a lot of good years ahead of him if things continue the way they have been recently.

Brady - been in the league for a few years now. Has a connection with his team, put him in this offense, not the same results.

Palmer - Hasnt shown me he can continue to run an effective offense

Bulger - WWWAAYYY to dependent on a run game. Cant make the passing game work without it.

Favre - GREAT QB... THIS year... but he's like the stock market, one year he's great, the next year he aint.

ALL of these QBs have shown they can make things happen but they are all completely different offenses, put them in this system and they would be out of touch. The question doesnt really work well because each QB has their own reason for success....

I like Jason Campbell as the Redskins Starting Quarterback. He'll get better and better with Gibbs taking the training wheels off of him. Jason has the potential to be a great quarterback in this league, but the Redskins Front Office have to surround him with good talent in order to be successful.

Archived