Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Would not Trade the Following Quarterbacks for Campbell right now

Ji

Wyvern, great assessment of the QB's in the league with a couple of exceptions IMO. Ironically they both play for the same team.

Steve Mc Nair is no longer better than Jason. He may have been at one time, but not any longer. The other is Kyle Boller. Boller never has and never will be in Jasons league. He has had ample time to be a big time QB and it hasn't happened. In his defense he has the worst offensive coaching staff in the NFL.

I agree with both of these assessments. McNair and Boller are Baltimore's Brunell and Ramsey. (Though I'd still take Ramsey over Boller any day. :) )

[/indent]Gritty, But Less Talented:

Kitna, QBs from Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, KC, Baltimore, and possibly Minnesota

Kitna is more talented than Campbell, especially now, he is going for back to back 4,000 yard seasons.

The Vince Young phenomenon is interesting. When he came out, I just saw him as a Vick clone, with the question being if he could develop enough as a pure passer to become more valuable than that.

Last year, people seemed pretty quick to proclaim him the next great QB and say everyone who didn't draft him had made some huge mistake. I never saw it that way, because I figured him improvising/running style was always going to allow him to make an impact from day 1, but left the question of how much of a passer he was going to develop into.

I still don't see it. He's able to make a big impact with is legs (and I'm not claiming that's nothing, but it's not enough to make him the type of QB who's going to lead you to SB titles), and a big arm, but he hasn't shown the ability to make reads and move a team consistently thru the air. He's young and may develop that ability still, but I don't see any evidence that he's going to.

Kitna is more talented than Campbell, especially now, he is going for back to back 4,000 yard seasons.

I'm not a huge campbell fan, but Campbell is very much the superior QB to kitna. Give JC Mike Martz as an OC, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Shaun McDonald, and MIke Furrey, and he'd get 4,000 yds too.

conversely, lets see what kitna could do with Lloyd, one-legged Moss, banged up Randle El, and 37year old McCardell.

I think Campbell is somewhere in the middle of the pack in the NFL, but I'd put Kitna below him.

Cutler

Philip Rivers

Matt Schaub

Vince Young

David Garrard

I like Campbell, but I don't know if I agree about this group. I'd have Schaub and Garrard in the too close to call group, and the others, to be honest, I would make the trade.

Except for Cutler, I'd take any of these over Campbell, along with Derek Anderson. Other than the games he missed from injury, Garrard has been having a great season, and he's young. Rivers is suffering from Norvitis, though it's hard to know how much of his pro-bowl year last year was owed to playing next to LT.

Edit: Wyvern made the best analysis in this thread. :notworthy :notworthy

Right now he is having a better year than 4 of those 5, statistically speaking. But I could agree with you on a couple of these guys. Is Rivers suffering from Norvitis. Young has been less than spectacular this year.

Rivers is definitely suffering from Norvitis. I saw him for 4 years down here at NC State and Philip is a winner. He carried the Wolfpack and made Amato look like a genius. Amato is now back at Florida State.

jason campbell has the potential to be a top 10 quarterback even a probowler, we just have to wait and see if he builds on the potential and it appears he has the work ethic to do so, right now its a close call with guys like schaub and cutler because they too have potential and im sure their fans see a qb for the next 10 years

potential, potential, potential. Do homers ever get tired of laying the title of savior on every single quarterback who the Redskins start?

Campbell is a backup QB as evidenced by you have pretty much associated him with the long list of losers and cannot seem to put him in the catagory with Romo sits to pee, Manning, Brady, etc.

And despite that so many of the losers are starting...they are still backup quarterbacks because that is where they end up when a team gets tired of losing or not having a functional offense. Even Trent Dilfer, with a Superbowl Ring is a backup QB and he was in that catagory when he was with the Ravens. Dilfer has never been able to win a game. Dilfer wil lose more games by himself than win. But he has started because so many teams have idiots who are coaching or idiots as general managers who just can't seem to GET IT.

I got it a long time ago. I recognize that with very few exceptions, QB's emerge as what they are going to be within 3 years...and during that time there are clues. Like a few 300 yard games. A couple of winning TD drives within the last 2 minutes. And making the critical throws instead of the critical mistakes. Jason Campbell has not proven to me that he is anything but a wannabe. A great kid from Taylorsville Mississippi who would not hurt a fly, will cry after a game, and he is soft spoken and wonderful son. But winner...pro bowl QB....SPECIAL?.....no.

Jason is going to be another Gus Ferrotte and Jason will have a long career in the NFL because he is a big, strong armed QB. But if the Skins keep him beyond 2 years...mark my words and write it in the sky....the Skins will not make the playoffs UNLESS Jason simply manages the offense while the Skins build a tremendous defense that wins them games.

(that defense would take 2-3 years to build from now)

I wouldn't trade Jason Campbell for anyone else in the league right now:

Through Campbell's first 16 games as a professional (at the age of 25) has has 3000 yards, 19 TDs, 6.5 average/completion, 13 INTs, 21 Sacks, and a 78.4 rating. When you think what he has had to overcome (inconsistent play by receivers, Al Saunders' offense, Joe Gibbs' conservatism), why would you think someone else could do better under the same circumstances?

Peyton Manning's first 16 games? Favre's first 16 games? His stats compare favorably with those guys.

Tom Brady has had a fine career in a particular system. He wasn't the best Quarterback in football until he got Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, etc...

Donovan McNabb? Over-rated... always has been. TO made him look better than he was. McNabb averages getting sacked 30 times a season over his career and has a career completion percentage less than 60% in a West Coast Offense (unheard of)...

Tony Romo sits to pee? He's never played a game without Terrell Owens. If TO could help provide Donovan McNabb with nearly a 105 quarterback rating in one season (20 points higher than his career rating, including the season with McNabb), then I'm sure Tony Romo sits to pee is reaping the same benefit. If the TO factor is 20 points, then Tony Romo sits to pee's career QB rating would be 78.9 (about the same as Campbell, and Campbell is 2 years younger with more physical tools). You ever notice when Tony Romo sits to pee gets into trouble he throws up a prayer in TOs direction?

Carson Palmer? Injuries? star receivers on both sides of him?

Please... Just look at Jason Campbell... He's 25 years old and there are few (if any) quarterbacks in the league with his combination of physical gifts, abilities (inside and out of the pocket), work ethic and upside. Right now, he isn't someone you trade for anyone.

We just need to get Jason the right tools to work with and build this team around our franchise quarterback instead of worrying how to improve the position.

You guys aren't giving campbell the credit he deserves. The top quarterbacks in the NFL right now have pro bowl receivers to throw to. Who does Campbell have? Moss and Randell EL. Neither of them are pro bowl worthy right now imo (although moss is close). My point is that quarterbacks like tony Romo sits to pee and carson palmer would probably be nobodys if they didn't have TO and Ocho Cinco/Houshmanzada. Why do you think Brady is doing so much better this year? Not saying he wasn't good before, but I believe we all agree he's better now that he as Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Another example, Peyton Manning. Marvin and Dallas get injured, and he has an underachieved season compared to some of his others. I'm not trying to get anyone to belive that these quarterbacks aren't good, because they are still probably the best quarterbacks in the NFL. But all of you who think Campbell is so bad, just look at his recievers compared to some others. I'd like to see just how good Campbell would be with some elite recievers.

Young and Talented (my estimate -- currently above Campbell)E. Manning, Cutler, Romo sits to pee, Roethlisberger, ... and Young!

dude campbell has been playing the same level as eli and cutler.

Romo sits to pee and big ben is better then everyone in this group by far.

Young is not better then cutler or campbell

cutler and campbell are pretty much tied and they are better then eli because of their mobility.

just a couple non-overthrown balls away from greatness...
your exactly right, if he also learns how to use his mobility as a weapon to keep drives alive (1st down runs or scramble to buy WRs more time) he will be a complete package at the QB position, something the redskins owe Joe Gibbs for by trading up to draft Campbell (i loved the pick up when i saw it on draft day)

You guys aren't giving campbell the credit he deserves. The top quarterbacks in the NFL right now have pro bowl receivers to throw to. Who does Campbell have? Moss and Randell EL. Neither of them are pro bowl worthy right now imo (although moss is close). My point is that quarterbacks like tony Romo sits to pee and carson palmer would probably be nobodys if they didn't have TO and Ocho Cinco/Houshmanzada. Why do you think Brady is doing so much better this year? Not saying he wasn't good before, but I believe we all agree he's better now that he as Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Another example, Peyton Manning. Marvin and Dallas get injured, and he has an underachieved season compared to some of his others. I'm not trying to get anyone to belive that these quarterbacks aren't good, because they are still probably the best quarterbacks in the NFL. But all of you who think Campbell is so bad, just look at his recievers compared to some others. I'd like to see just how good Campbell would be with some elite recievers.

i agree campbell has one aspect of his game not many QB's have, only ones i can think of is mcnabb and brady. Making WR's look better then they are, and playing well with scrubs.

When u have a 3 td game with thrash and randle el as your WR's your pretty damn good.

also note against detroit his starting WR"s were thrash and mcardell.

It's too damn early to tell.

You say you wouldn't trade for Favre. But if you added Favre and the way he is playing right now to this team, well I have to think we're 9-1 and not 5-5. Favre is playing lights out, and with our skill players being twice what GB's are, I gotta think Favre would be having some fun here and we'd be doing pretty damn well.

I wouldn't trade Jason Campbell for anyone else in the league right now:

Through Campbell's first 16 games as a professional (at the age of 25) has has 3000 yards, 19 TDs, 6.5 average/completion, 13 INTs, 21 Sacks, and a 78.4 rating. When you think what he has had to overcome (inconsistent play by receivers, Al Saunders' offense, Joe Gibbs' conservatism), why would you think someone else could do better under the same circumstances?

Peyton Manning's first 16 games? Favre's first 16 games? His stats compare favorably with those guys.

Tony Romo sits to pee? He's never played a game without Terrell Owens. If TO could help provide Donovan McNabb with nearly a 105 quarterback rating in one season (20 points higher than his career rating, including the season with McNabb), then I'm sure Tony Romo sits to pee is reaping the same benefit. If the TO factor is 20 points, then Tony Romo sits to pee's career QB rating would be 78.9 (about the same as Campbell, and Campbell is 2 years younger with more physical tools). You ever notice when Tony Romo sits to pee gets into trouble he throws up a prayer in TOs direction?

Carson Palmer? Injuries? star receivers on both sides of him?

Please... Just look at Jason Campbell... He's 25 years old and there are few (if any) quarterbacks in the league with his combination of physical gifts, abilities (inside and out of the pocket), work ethic and upside. Right now, he isn't someone you trade for anyone.

We just need to get Jason the right tools to work with and build this team around our franchise quarterback instead of worrying how to improve the position.

What he said :cool:

Jason is really just starting to play the Al Saunders offense, what we we're seeing was a watered down version instrumented by Joe Gibbs.

Stay Tuned

Mcnabb

Brett Favre(Although Favre is having a better season)

John Kitna

Jeff Garcia

Rex Grossman or Brian Griese

Jake Delhome or Vinny Testavarde

Any of the Falcons Quarterbacks

Kurt Warner/Matt Leinart

Alex Smith

The Raiders QB's

the Chiefs QB's

Cutler

Philip Rivers

Matt Schaub

Vince Young

David Garrard

The Ravens quarterbacks

Chet Lemon/John Beck

Kellen Clemens

JP Losman/Trent Edwards

Too close to call

Eli Manning(Would still take JC though)

Derek Anderson(Not sure about him yet)

Marc Bulger

Matt Hasselbeck(I think Hass is better right now though)

Here are quarterbacks I would definitely trade Campbell for

Tom Brady

Tony Romo sits to pee

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees(Really close call but I would probably pull trigger)

Ben Rothlisberger

Carson Palmer(Its closer than you think)

We basicallly have a top 10 qb in a league of alot of bad qb's. The future does look bright. Would be nice to see what he could do with a healthy line and good wide receiver weapons

Chet Lemon? :laugh: He was an outfielder with the Tigers/White Sox in the 70's. I think you mean Cleo Lemmon. Sorry to bust your balls, I just thought this was funny. I remember Chet Lemon wearing those god awful softball uniforms with the shorts that the White Sox had their players wear.

Jason is going to be another Gus Ferrotte and Jason will have a long career in the NFL because he is a big, strong armed QB. But if the Skins keep him beyond 2 years...mark my words and write it in the sky....the Skins will not make the playoffs UNLESS Jason simply manages the offense while the Skins build a tremendous defense that wins them games.

(that defense would take 2-3 years to build from now)

Well for the sake of all the other fans in here and my self, we hope you are dead wrong. If he doesn't make it, I hope you don't come in here and give us all an "I told you so," because that means the franchise will be set back another 3-5 years. Sometimes I think you want him to fail just so you can say I told you so. Who else do we have to hang our hat on at this moment? Scott Boonell? Todd "I love my blog" Collins? We aren't being homers, we're being hopeful. I think he has the intangables. But after 16 career starts what do you want? Romo sits to pee is an anomoly. Sorry. He's a once in a lifetime. The other was Kurt Warner. Bag boy to SB MVP. Romo sits to pee is Bench boy to gunslinger. If it was that easy to find a franchise QB, Miami would have been in the SB since Marino left. What about Denver replacing Elway. See. Not so freaking easy to do.

Archived