Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys should be kicked out of our division

redskins59

Do you even know why there are a lot of Dallas fans in the DC area? Maybe its because they were the first team to have a black player and the skins were the last? A lot of older African American fans love Dallas becasue of that.

Not a true statement on the part about the Pukes. Dallass the first team to have a black player? Not even close. Ever hear of Marion Motley, Jim Brown etc. that all played in the 40's and 50's. Dallass wasn't around until 1960. But yes, Washington was the last integrate.

Maybe a lot of bandwagoners.

That was what he was alluding to. Look at all the Laker fans- 13 titles, Celtics fans in the 80's-16 titles-now the Celtics bandwagon is back with Garnett. Yankee fans- 26 WS titles. Red Wings- don't know how many titles, although Montral has 23, Detroit has the most among US franchises. If the Redskins had 6 SB wins, we'd be a bandwagon team too.

That was what he was alluding to. Look at all the Laker fans- 13 titles, Celtics fans in the 80's-16 titles-now the Celtics bandwagon is back with Garnett. Yankee fans- 26 WS titles. Red Wings- don't know how many titles, although Montral has 23, Detroit has the most among US franchises. If the Redskins had 6 SB wins, we'd be a bandwagon team too.

are you insinuating that the Boys will get their 6th ring this season? :D

When Houston rejoined the league in 2002, the NFL stated that they were going to realign, but they were also going to maintain rivalries of the past as best they could. It is true that not all should be where they are and I was one of them that was hoping Dallass would be put out West or South because at the time, the rivalry had been one sided and didn't have that same feel as it did in the 70's and 80s. But I knew all along, the Cards were the odd man out, which is a shame, because the other 4 teams were guaranteed 2 wins a year for the most part.

The NFC East is the toughest division in football, no matter the records of any of the teams. A 3-8 Redskins team beat an 8-1 Cowboys team in the 90's. No other division in the NFL can say 1 to 4, that they'll be in a dogfight in ever game within the division. All the other divisions have at least one patsy per year and sometimes 2.

It's funny that all my teams are in or were in the toughest divisions within their sport. Skins in NFC East. O's in AL East with the Yanks and Sox. Caps were in the Patrick Division with Philly, Mario/Jagr Pitt, NY Rangers, 4 time champ Islanders etc. and the Bullets/Wiz in the Atlantic with Boston, Knicks, Jersey, Philly and Dr, J, then added Miami. Thank God the Caps and Wiz are in the Southeast where neither of those divisions have a juggernaut.

This would have been my version if the NFL wanted to do it right in regards to geography and not rivalries. I'll be the first as I know all of you are dying to do it:

NFCE- Wash, NYG, Philly, Car

NFCS- Atl, NO, TB, StL

NFCN- GB, Minn, Chi, Det

NFCW- SF, Ariz, Sea, Dall

AFCE- NE, NYJ, Buff, Balt

AFCS- Mia, Tenn, Jax, Hou

AFCN- Ind, Clev, Cincy, Pitt

AFCW- KC, SD, Den, Oak

Your 3rd point about the number of bandwagon Dallas fans is right on.

No way should Dallas leave the NFC East. This is one of the best divisions in football. All the teams hate each other. Plus, Carolina is not an East Coast team. Charlotte is a Southern City. No way can the Panthers hang with us.

Not a true statement on the part about the Pukes. Dallass the first team to have a black player? Not even close. Ever hear of Marion Motley, Jim Brown etc. that all played in the 40's and 50's. Dallass wasn't around until 1960. But yes, Washington was the last integrate.

my bad, Charles Follis or Kenny Washington were the first black players depending on your definition of the NFL.

Re: Cowboys should be kicked out of our division

First of all, lets make this very clear, it is not your division- Dallas Owns It! Therefore, we should be decidingwho is in and who is out. :cool:

Dallas vs NFC East 161-108-4 (Dallas - 59% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Washington 55-37-2 (Dallas - 59% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Giants 54-35-2 (Dallas - 59% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Philly 52-41-0 (Dallas - 55% winning pct.)

and just for good measure:

Dallas vs Cards 55-27-0 (Dallas - 67% winning pct.)

NFC East division Champions:

Dallas - 19

Skins - 7

Philly - 7

Giants - 6

Cards - 2

Second of all the best division rivalries come out of the NFC East WIth three of the biggest including the cowboys, so why would anybody want to change that.

First of all, lets make this very clear, it is not your division- Dallas Owns It! Therefore, we should be decidingwho is in and who is out. :cool:

Dallas vs NFC East 161-108-4 (Dallas - 59% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Washington 55-32-2 (Dallas - 62% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Giants 54-35-2 (Dallas - 59% winning pct.)

Dallas vs Philly 52-41-0 (Dallas - 55% winning pct.)

and just for good measure:

Dallas vs Cards 55-27-0 (Dallas - 67% winning pct.)

NFC East division Champions:

Dallas - 19

Skins - 7

Philly - 7

Giants - 6

Cards - 2

Second of all the best division rivalries come out of the NFC East WIth three of the biggest including the cowboys, so why would anybody want to change that.

Get your facts straight. 55-37-2. Not 55-32-2. Don't screw us out of 5 wins.

']Absolutely not. The rivalries of Dallas vs. all three other NFC East teams are too significant to the game for this to ever be changed. I have a feeling if the Cardinals were still in St. Louis at the time they changed the divisions' date=' they still would have been the one's to go. Dallas belongs in the NFC East even though they are located centrally. It should not nor will it ever be changed.[/quote']

hammer_nail.gif

Dead on, Tom...

It's all about the money and rivalry aspect...

If I remember correctly, last time they realigned every team in the NFC East wanted to keep the division as is...

I hope it never changes as it's hard for me to get fired up about playing the Falcons or Bucs twice a year...

I never understood why any of the other NFE team hate Cowboys as much as we do or atleast try too. I mean really Redskins vs Cowboys history biggest rivalry between two NFL teams. I swear where does the Giants and Eagles come into the picture? when did they ever try to kill the Cowboy player? I mean come eagles and Giants let go...

I never understood why any of the other NFE team hate Cowboys as much as we do or atleast try too. I mean really Redskins vs Cowboys history biggest rivalry between two NFL teams. I swear where does the Giants and Eagles come into the picture? when did they ever try to kill the Cowboy player? I mean come eagles and Giants let go...

meh, it's because it's the Cowboys. That's pretty much all that needs to be said, especially from the Eagles' point of view...

trophy_iggles.gif

:sucks:

What an embarrassing thread. I vote NNT for you.

Nah, no NNT because he voiced an opinion, although it was a bad opinion. If you want to align everyone according to geography, how come Miami isn't in the AFC South and Indianapolis isn't in the AFC North? If anything, you should put Baltimore in the AFC East, move Indy to the AFC North and move Miami to the AFC South. Then your little world of order would be complete. Alas, the NFL alignments are fine the way they are.

Archived