Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys should be kicked out of our division

redskins59

Okay. So, people here believe I'm gonna be nntd for dissing Dallas on a Redskins board.:laugh:

I gave my opinion, and I stand by it. I don't think they belong in our division. Trust me, they wouldn't be "America's team" if they were in a different division. Media market in NY, DC and Philly overhype the team(these are all HUGE media markets). Of course a lot of that has to do with having a winning record. They need our division more than our division needs them. This is just a fact.

Okay. So, people here believe I'm gonna be nntd for dissing Dallas on a Redskins board.:laugh:

I gave my opinion, and I stand by it. I don't think they belong in our division. Trust me, they wouldn't be "America's team" if they were in a different division. Media market in NY, DC and Philly overhype the team(these are all HUGE media markets). Of course a lot of that has to do with having a winning record. They need our division more than our division needs them. This is just a fact.

:laugh:

I just realized people attacking me are either from Texas or are in their early-mid 20's. Mature folks(Chachie, Giants fan, etc) have been pretty polite, even though they don't agree with me. If you don't agree with me, say why or why not. Don't make ad hominem attacks.

So the Cowboys are good, so lets replace them with the Panthers, who are bad.

Good thinking!

All 4 NFC east teams hate each other, making it the perfect division.

Eagles/Panthers, Redskins/Panthers, or Giants/Panthers doesn't have the same ring to it

i could see a rivalry between the first two because carolina beat philly in the NFC championship in 03 and we are so close to NC the fans would hate each other

I just realized people attacking me are either from Texas or are in their early-mid 20's. Mature folks(Chachie, Giants fan, etc) have been pretty polite, even though they don't agree with me. If you don't agree with me, say why or why not. Don't make ad hominem attacks.
yea they have more sense,they respect the rivalry but the young one's think it as battle like WWI or something

I don't agree with you because there is just too much history between Dallas and the rest of the division. Every game is a marquee matchup and a blood feud, and why anybody wouldn't want to see Dallas vs. Philly or Dallas vs. NY or especially Dallas vs. Washington twice a year is beyond me.

You want to kick them out because they have won the division the most? Why do you care? The divisions are kind of regional but Miami and New England are as far or more apart in miles as Dallas and Washington. I suppose having Carolina instead of Dallas would make it easier for us, but is that what you REALLY want? The Cowboys have been in this division from it's inception as well as the rest of us, the NFL was smart not to break up the huge rivalries that exist here. If anything, this division is harder for dallas, they have to fly over to the east coast three times, we only have to go there once.

Your proposal is flat out silly. You would deprive us and the entire league of it's greatest rivalry. If they weren't in our division we might play them only once every two years...maybe less. Is that what you really want? Not me. Alot of us here LIVE for those two games a year. Dont get carried away with geography, this is a long distance relationship that works, deal with it. Football would NOT be the same without our rivalry...Imagine, "It's Panthers week"...hahaha. Get a clue!

Do you even know why there are a lot of Dallas fans in the DC area? Maybe its because they were the first team to have a black player and the skins were the last? A lot of older African American fans love Dallas becasue of that. What about the fact that DC has a pretty transient population. There are many people here who are not originally from here.

Dallas doesn't need the media markey of NYC, DC or Phili. Why? Because they have won more than any other team. 8 Super Bowls 5 Wins attracts a lot of fans. LA is the biggest media market in the country yet they don't have a team, probably becuase they are not passionate about football. If you know anything about Texas then you know football is HUGE there.

People are laughing at you becaues you want to do something like break up 8 of the biggest games of the year all because you want an easier team. Yes don't try and act like you don't, that is the real reason you want Dallas out of the division, so you don't have to play them and you might get 2 more wins a year. Do you even know why Dallas and the Skins hate each other so much? You might want to read up.

Do you even know why there are a lot of Dallas fans in the DC area? Maybe its because they were the first team to have a black player and the skins were the last?
First, as you can see most do not agree with the thread!

Dallas seems to have a big following where I live which would be considered Giant country also sacase. Actually is I'm not mistaken they have the largest fan base in the country. Do you honestly feel this is the reason?

I agree with the poster to a certain extent. It gets kind of wild after awhile with these Cowboy fans in this area. Like when I'm at work, I work in a department with 4 Cowboy fans, and 4 Redskin fans (not including myself)...wtf. 3 of them have never been to Texas, let alone Dallas. 2 of them don't know what their starting QB's name is lol. It's crazy. Reminds me of the friend I had in high school named Andrew, who argued with me, that the Cowboys have beaten the Redskins in the "Superbowl" twice.

So you want to "dumb down" the NFC East by kicking the Cowboys out? You would rather get rid of the dominant force that you can't beat and bring in a team that better matches down to your talent, execution and coaching level to make it easier for you to win your division and make you feel better about your team and yourself? You would rather lower the bar than to strive for excellence? Now I finally understand the Redskins fans mentality....and here I was trying to figure you out on a logical level. Sorry, my bad. :doh:

The established rivalries between Dallas and NY, Wash, Phi couldn't be touched when the NFL realligned. That would have been terrible business. Originally, you needed teams in the same division to be in close proximity to your rivals due to ease of travel and ability to create rivalries. Now, travel is much easier with private jets and fans can keep up with their rivals on a variety of cable and internet outlets, like ATN.

I do agree media coverage would also preclude Dallas from moving out of the NFCE. As you stated, Dallas has many fans throuhout the NE and the country. The Cowboys successes over the years along with the large populations of the NFCE cities helped create a team that consistently draws the largest TV shares. I think every Dallas game has been shown across the country this year. It would be a stupid financial move to take Dallas as a rival from those larger markets.

Cowboys being in the east isnt as bad as the Colts being in the AFC south. That makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. You have baltimore in the AFC North, when they are about as East as you can get. You have Miami in the AFC East, and they are as south as it gets. A realignment would mean a lot of changes, actually.

Archived