Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Has No/Old Balls and Coaches the Redskins? (Merged)

skins4eva

Look, am I upset we lost, yes, however like everyone else I am really not jumpin out of any windows like I did last weekend.

Here is the one gripe in the game I have, Did anyone else see Randle El open on the 3rd and short play that Cooley dropped the Campbell pass???

My gripe isn't with the Cooley dropping the pass or Campbell missing Randle El, my gripe lies with the coaching again.

Even Troy Aikman pointed out that we run the ball 100% of the time on 3rd and short. I couldn't believe we passed in that situation, but did you see how open Randle El was, this is what we need to see!!!!

PLAY ACTION!!!!

If we play this way from here on out, I feel good about being 10-6 or 11-5. It was nice to see our O open up, and like all the other threads if we had ST it really would have been a different game!!!!!

Hail.

dude...GW's defense played a good game. they got nothing rushing. they created some turn-overs, even a sack or two. you heard GW post-game? mistakes were made by players...some new.....in defensive schemes that were explicitly set up to defend the plays TO scored on. EXECUTION.....a common theme that stands arm over shoulder with 4th & 1!!!!

The defense played a good game? :doh: TO scoring 4 count them 4 touchdowns that is due to bad coaching and GW's inability to adjust, once the offensive coordinator figures GW's defense out the defense folds like a lawn chair! why have basically a rookie out there and not Pierson Pierlow? Reed Dougherty is a bumb and should never see anything other than Special Teams, the smart thing to do would have been once TO scored 2 TD's would be to switch Springs over to Taylors position and then have Macklin fill in for him at CB, but not old GW this is when his total BULLCRAP about his defense being interchangable is a crock. There was and is no excuse for TO scoring 4 touchdowns and the defense worked all week to stop TO common man the mistakes made were mostly by the coaching staff and Gibbs calling a time out on 4th and 1 to kick a field goal, we have Mike Sellers and Todd Toder you mean Gibbs doesn't trust that to get less than 1 yard. Face it Gibbs and Greg Williams need to catch the first thing out of DC, Gibbs is too old and senile and Williams is too arrogant. :2cents:

The defense played a good game? :doh: TO scoring 4 count them 4 touchdowns that is due to bad coaching and GW's inability to adjust, once the offensive coordinator figures GW's defense out the defense folds like a lawn chair! why have basically a rookie out there and not Pierson Pierlow? Reed Dougherty is a bumb and should never see anything other than Special Teams, the smart thing to do would have been once TO scored 2 TD's would be to switch Springs over to Taylors position and then have Macklin fill in for him at CB, but not old GW this is when his total BULLCRAP about his defense being interchangable is a crock. There was and is no excuse for TO scoring 4 touchdowns and the defense worked all week to stop TO common man the mistakes made were mostly by the coaching staff and Gibbs calling a time out on 4th and 1 to kick a field goal, we have Mike Sellers and Todd Toder you mean Gibbs doesn't trust that to get less than 1 yard. Face it Gibbs and Greg Williams need to catch the first thing out of DC, Gibbs is too old and senile and Williams is too arrogant. :2cents:

Did he REALLY say they played a good game. Wow that's the most clueless thing I've heard in a while. One man catching 4 TD's is a god awful game.

unless you know what defense was called and whether the players were executing as instructed...I'd take a deep breath, relax....and start thinking about next week. this game is over.

the game was blown by defensive players not executing in the secondary at key times and the conservative playcalling deep in Dallas territory.

it was a pretty *amn good game the Skins could have won.....even missing a lot of players.

tell you what I want to hear: I want to hear the players over the next few weeks saying "wait til we play in FEDEX". the ole Skins woulda been that firey after a loss to the Pukes.

EXACTLY the ole skins when Gibbs had a spine and a mean streak and the team echoed that, now this super smart nice guy crap only gets you blown second half leads and losses. Joe Jackson Gibbs needs to apologize for not being smart enough to adjust to todays NFL and his blatent excuses and babble every week is repulsive. I know this is a bad thing to say but with losses like this today after the loss last week and the Giants game earlier this year, I sort of wish when Gibbs had that diebetic episode when he went to get Brunell in Jacksonville I wish it would have been more serious to the point that he wouldn't have been able to coach, I know that is wrong and I don't wish death on anyone, but me personally I love my Redskins way more than my feelings towards Gibbs and I wish his health would have allowed him to exit gracefully before these last wasted 4 years. I will always respect Gibbs for what he did here the first time, but the product he has fielded these last 4 years and the playcalling leaves alot to be desired and I can't wait for him to RETIRE FOR GOOD! :dallasuck

unless you know what defense was called and whether the players were executing as instructed...I'd take a deep breath, relax....and start thinking about next week. this game is over.

the game was blown by defensive players not executing in the secondary at key times and the conservative playcalling deep in Dallas territory.

it was a pretty *amn good game the Skins could have won.....even missing a lot of players.

Whatever defense was called obvously didn't work now did it, I would rather have Shawn Springs playing Safety and have a veteran like Macklin out there playing rather than basically an undrafted rookie like Reed Doughtery or whatever that bumbs name is. Why think about next week? To see the same thing happen yet again, blown time outs, mismanagement of games, poor play calling in the red zone and an arrogant defensive coordinator that doesn't know how to adjust to what the offense does? No I am basically done until Gibbs and Williams are out of the Redskins organization and when that day comes I will do an irish jig all the way to Fedex Field!

Did he REALLY say they played a good game. Wow that's the most clueless thing I've heard in a while. One man catching 4 TD's is a god awful game.

wake up and get a clue...we were all expecting a blow-out. a friggin defense with basically 2 rookies in the secondary (doughty, landry) and a back-up (SMOOT) made some coverage mistakes that the D coordinator said he had called the right defense to prevent...it was about execution. overall...the defense played well IMO....they f'ed up on some key plays down the middle on blown coverages....not the defensive calls. they blitzed quite a bit today. they held dallas to no real rushing yardage. they squelched the pukes in the first half. you make it all seem like the Titanic. it wasn't - not compared to what many of us were REALLY expecting. it asn't smothering...but it was competitive and a *ell of lot more than we thought pre-game with ST out.

aside from the coverage foul-ups...what we should be focusing on is - again - the poor play on 3rd down conversions. that's what irks me. the secondary not playing to the scheme GW calls is another thing - but is that a novel thing for this team...on Offense or Defense this year?

Whatever defense was called obvously didn't work now did it, I would rather have Shawn Springs playing Safety and have a veteran like Macklin out there playing rather than basically an undrafted rookie like Reed Doughtery or whatever that bumbs name is. Why think about next week? To see the same thing happen yet again, blown time outs, mismanagement of games, poor play calling in the red zone and an arrogant defensive coordinator that doesn't know how to adjust to what the offense does? No I am basically done until Gibbs and Williams are out of the Redskins organization and when that day comes I will do an irish jig all the way to Fedex Field!

anything you say....."LOVEDASKINS"

EXACTLY the ole skins when Gibbs had a spine and a mean streak and the team echoed that, now this super smart nice guy crap only gets you blown second half leads and losses. Joe Jackson Gibbs needs to apologize for not being smart enough to adjust to todays NFL and his blatent excuses and babble every week is repulsive. I know this is a bad thing to say but with losses like this today after the loss last week and the Giants game earlier this year, I sort of wish when Gibbs had that diebetic episode when he went to get Brunell in Jacksonville I wish it would have been more serious to the point that he wouldn't have been able to coach, I know that is wrong and I don't wish death on anyone, but me personally I love my Redskins way more than my feelings towards Gibbs and I wish his health would have allowed him to exit gracefully before these last wasted 4 years. I will always respect Gibbs for what he did here the first time, but the product he has fielded these last 4 years and the playcalling leaves alot to be desired and I can't wait for him to RETIRE FOR GOOD! :dallasuck

You're over-reacting. Gibbs may not be the guy to get us back to the SB - that topic as been covered over and over. but compared to where we were prior to his return.....the corner has been turned. we are all frustrated. we all want some consistemcy and a return to the top. Do I favor many of the calls? No. but I also think that fundamentally...we don't have the talent on either line to prevail game in and game out. until that gets fixed..we are always going to be "competitive"....and no better.

we can talk about the wideouts some other time!

I know this is a bad thing to say but with losses like this today after the loss last week and the Giants game earlier this year, I sort of wish when Gibbs had that diebetic episode when he went to get Brunell in Jacksonville I wish it would have been more serious to the point that he wouldn't have been able to coach, I know that is wrong and I don't wish death on anyone, but me personally I love my Redskins way more than my feelings towards Gibbs and I wish his health would have allowed him to exit gracefully before these last wasted 4 years.

When I read this thought the first word that came to mind was scumbag.

Or is that two words?

Cooley should've ended up with the ball as well. So that's 2 open receivers from the PA call. Joe Gibbs has said again and again that that's what he wants his offense to be able to do. Teams have to respect the run so much that passes open up more easily.

I doubt Gibbs himself would ever say fans don't have a right to be mad and to pitch a fit about it.

The question for me is whether or not you express it with one hundredth of the class, honor, and dignity of the person you are spewing about.

I feel perfectly comfortable totally disagreeing with not going for it on 4th and 1 with Mike Sellers, CP, even Betts available. I understand there are endless arguments to be had re: how banged up the line is, how these games always seem to some down to a few points that you may regret leaving on the field, etc. etc., etc. But to me, if it was my decision, I DEFINITELY go for it.

Here's where I may diverge from other posters here. #1 I seem to recall something about it not in any way, shape, or form being my decision. #2 I remember that Coach Gibbs has forgotten about a thousand times more about football than I will ever know. #3 I remember that ANY type of leader in ANY type of organization that is seen as a failure if they don't return to the absolute top of their profession in the first five years of coming back is being ridiculously beleaguered by a bunch of people who will probably NOT EVER get within shouting distance of their own respective profession's Hall of Fame. #4 I remember that in my book it COUNTS how good a man you are, whatever is happening in your professional life at any given moment.

There is also some sort of memory sparked by looking down at my 75th anniversary shirt and seeing those three Super Bowl emblems. But I think Gibbs himself has said repeatedly that those are in the past and don't count for much when you don't win this Sunday.

What DOES count to me even this evening is the man's honesty, integrity,and total effort. Wins matter a whole lot to me, too (ESPECIALLY against the Pukes!!!!!) and no way do I equate totally disagreeing about a Coaching decision with blasphemy. I just tend to remember who the heck I'm talking about and make sure I express it with what in my book is due respect. :2cents:

Each to his own from there.

Gibbs says that's what he wants to do, but we never do it!! Playaction in a 3rd and short could equal points not just first downs!!

We don't usually do it on critical downs like that because I think Joe Gibbs has up until now not trusted JC as much as CP. I think we'll see more of that from now on because Campbell is really proving himself.

EDIT: Kinda odd merge considering the titles. :(

I am just happy that our offense has finally awakened! Imagine how it will be when Thrash and Randy Thomas are back for the home stretch!!!! And please believe that ST will be there Dec. 30th making T.O. pay for each and everyone of those TDs he scored today. How does four cracked ribs sound? :D:silly: :helmet:

JOE GIBBS.

1) Joe I'll always remember you fondly, but you need to go the retirement home and play with the grandbabies. You are too old and slow to coach in the modern NFL.

2) How is it possible that we used all three of our timeouts in the second half with 8 mintues left in the game? You had to take a timeout on 4th and inches when we were kicking a field goal (no balls) to make sure we were squared away? Pathetic.

3) If you cannot use the spread offense, like every successful team in the NFL, you will not win. The jumbo packages don't work like they used to. You still haven't learned this after four years. How many more blown leads/games will it take for you to wake up? Don't answer that, just retire.

4) We should be 7-2 now, but for your horrendous coaching and playcalling. Give Saunders the ability to call an entire game, especially in the redzone.

5) Please just ride off into the sunset and retire. Thanks for trying, but you're too old and too nice to win in this league anymore.

Here are some things you should do with your time as soon as you quit/retire:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/research/story/0,9865,754013,00.html

http://www.bingosafari.com/blog/japan.html

http://www.savethecourse.ca/Golf_Aug07-Hampto.pdf

Here's your new home:

http://www.retirementhousingonline.com/

Peace out old timer.

You didn't need to post that right after a game like this. :doh: We were barely beaten on the road by a healthier and better team than we are. Simple. Besides, it's not Gibbs' fault that our backups can't cover ****.

You didn't need to post that right after a game like this. :doh: We were barely beaten on the road by a healthier and better team than we are. Simple. Besides, it's not Gibbs' fault that our backups can't cover ****.

But it was his fault and lack of courage that we didn't go for it on 4th and inches. Gibbs is spinless, admit it. He is the epitome of bland old milktoast coaching. He can't leave fast enough and he can take Gregg Williams with him too. Gibbs is a joke.

But it was his fault and lack of courage that we didn't go for it on 4th and inches. Gibbs is spinless, admit it. He is the epitome of bland old milktoast coaching. He can't leave fast enough and he can take Gregg Williams with him too. Gibbs is a joke.

I second, third and 4th that. Joe Gibbs needs to go back to Nascar, NASCAR NOW!!

There's no way you can blame Gibbs for this one. He coached one heck of a game and got Campbell ready to play the game of his career (so far).

The Cowboys are just on a roll. They are winning games they don't deserve to win. In my view, the Redskins outplayed the Cowboys today.

JOE GIBBS.

1) Joe I'll always remember you fondly, but you need to go the retirement home and play with the grandbabies. You are too old and slow to coach in the modern NFL.

2) How is it possible that we used all three of our timeouts in the second half with 8 mintues left in the game? You had to take a timeout on 4th and inches when we were kicking a field goal (no balls) to make sure we were squared away? Pathetic.

3) If you cannot use the spread offense, like every successful team in the NFL, you will not win. The jumbo packages don't work like they used to. You still haven't learned this after four years. How many more blown leads/games will it take for you to wake up? Don't answer that, just retire.

4) We should be 7-2 now, but for your horrendous coaching and playcalling. Give Saunders the ability to call an entire game, especially in the redzone.

5) Please just ride off into the sunset and retire. Thanks for trying, but you're too old and too nice to win in this league anymore.

Here are some things you should do with your time as soon as you quit/retire:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/research/story/0,9865,754013,00.html

http://www.bingosafari.com/blog/japan.html

http://www.savethecourse.ca/Golf_Aug07-Hampto.pdf

Here's your new home:

http://www.retirementhousingonline.com/

Peace out old timer.

Skins4eva could you please retire!!!! Your 27 years old!?1? You were in diapers when Gibbs was winning superbowls. Go be a front runer and change your screen name to Patriots4eva. Good Bye!

Skins4eva could you please retire!!!! Your 27 years old!?1? You were in diapers when Gibbs was winning superbowls. Go be a front runer and change your screen name to Patriots4eva. Good Bye!

Call skins4eva what you'd like, but he's no frontrunner.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't wear diapers when he was 3, 8 or 11, but I'll ask him to confirm, skins4eva?

Archived