Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Has No/Old Balls and Coaches the Redskins? (Merged)

skins4eva

but is running the ball up the gut a few times to get you 5 yards closer worth the risk of getting a false start or holding penalty?

To me it is. You can have the same thing happen on a field goal try. Obviously, it's all about your level of risk tolerance, and plays like that tell us that Gibbs has little to no risk tolerance.

In fact, the one play that sticks out in my mind regarding risk tolerance was the onside kick during the Jets game. I'd love to know who made that decision. Might have been Gibbs, but I have a feeling the special teams coach begged him for a chance at redemption after they gave up the TD on the opening kickoff. But, we take a chance like that on the road against an AFC opponent, but we won't go for it on 4th and inches from the five against a division opponent at home?

Et tu, Henry? Actually, there are plenty of people on this board who respect my posts. And, I've been at this for some time, and I'm not going to rethink my style to conform with your style, which you've made abundently clear and which happens to be santimonious bs. Go back and reread the thread, apparently, you missed the part where plenty of people agreed with me. So, nothing is "obvious" as you claim.

Continue your stirring rendition of the importance of "respect" in football.

Eh. You sure like to put words in people's mouth when you don't like what they say.

You're the one lecturing about respect in football, not me.

Gibbs never was a risk-taker even in the old days ... he always played scared and showed too much respect for the opposing team. Parcells ... an opposite if there ever was one ... always beat Gibbs' ass ... usually by going for it on 4th and one. Nothing changes ... Andy Reid did the same thing yesterday.

And who has more super bowl wins?

Bravo skins4eva...Brilliant post. Not to harsh, despite the people, swinging from Gibbs' testicles because of what he did 8923452934587 years ago, who think you were too harsh. This is football and if Wade Phillips can do it in Dallas with a D2 quarterback in his 1st year, than Gibbs should be able to do it after his 4TH year, with unlimited funds from an AWESOME owner who is not to be blamed for anything because he isn't calling the plays. Gibbs needs to go just like marty, norv, and spurrier needed to go. We have given gibbs more than enough time to get the ball rolling and every week we see the same thing over and over and over again. everyone keeps saying give him time, give him time...four years have gone by and we have yet to look anything like a SB contender. i feel sorry for everyone in denial that think the redskins have a shot with gibbs as head coach. HOWEVER, we will be a good team once gibbs is out, greg williams is head coach, and al saunders (who i dont believe is calling the plays) is our OC

This thread makes me totally sick, Your smug smart ass post is symptamatic of the kind of fans I hate!

Who do you think got this team to a point that they could be 7-2? it sure wasn't your smart ass self!

Who drafted Jason Campbell,Chris Cooley,LaRon Landry,Carlos Rogers and Sean Taylor. It sure wasn't your Madden playing pimpled butt.

Who pulled the trigger to bring in Portis when Everyone knew ChampBailey WOULD NOT resign.

Who got Pete Kendall

Sure I don;t like gibbs game timeout managment and yeah he's made mistakes

But he is not the one that got JANSEN, ROGERS, THOMAS out for the season

he is not the one that got MOSS, TAYLOR, THRASH, WASHINGTON, SMOOT to miss parts of the season so far.

I hope he leads this team to the playoffs and you get on here and eat some humble pie!

Very true. He'll run a draw and 3rd and goal from the 8, but won't go for it on 4th and inches on the five. As long as decisions like that are made, we will continue to lose games like this. Sad, because Campbell had his best performance, and I loved the no-huddle.

I was ten yards from that draw and it was there. The eagles were back and if portis breaks one tackle he was in. It was a good call.

And here we are, going to Dallas - with their first year coach, first year offensive coordinator, and undrafted QB with one year of experience - as a 10+ point underdog to Gibbs, Saunders, and a 1st round QB.

This post really says it all... Gibbs II has had consistency as far as keeping coaches and the veteran players... Then Dallas gets a defensive minded head coach and a young OC and have pretty much made football look easy... I honestly envisioned the Skins doing what Dallas has done this year by Gibbs' 3rd year.

To me it is. You can have the same thing happen on a field goal try. Obviously, it's all about your level of risk tolerance, and plays like that tell us that Gibbs has little to no risk tolerance.

In fact, the one play that sticks out in my mind regarding risk tolerance was the onside kick during the Jets game. I'd love to know who made that decision. Might have been Gibbs, but I have a feeling the special teams coach begged him for a chance at redemption after they gave up the TD on the opening kickoff. But, we take a chance like that on the road against an AFC opponent, but we won't go for it on 4th and inches from the five against a division opponent at home?

Look. I am not debating that the Skins playing calling and game management isn't frustrating...as I stated in my orignal post in this thread that I am frustrated.

What I am taking exception with is the thread title.

The frustration engendered by the lack of production on the field is obvious to all the fans herepresent... The question at hand is How to improve? Is Gibbs the right guy? If not send him packing now. This season is lost.

Are you retarded? The skins are 1 game back of the wildcard. They control there own destiny.

Eh. You sure like to put words in people's mouth when you don't like what they say.

You're the one lecturing about respect in football, not me.

You're the one instructing me to change my posting style because you don't like it. You also happen to be lecturing about respect, not only in football but in message board posting, apparently. Read between the lines a little bit. I don't care, at all, what you think about my posts. Thus far, you haven't contributed anything to this thread. Would you like to comment on the game, the playcalling, the coaching staff? Would you like to disagree and provide your thoughts on the situation? By all means, I would would love to hear it. But, don't come into a thread and start attacking a post because it's not "respectful" enough for you. Like I said, I don't worship at the alter of J. Gibbs--you may chose to do so, but that doesn't make me wrong or you right.

Look. I am not debating that the Skins playing calling and game management isn't frustrating...as I stated in my orignal post in this thread that I am frustrated.

What I am taking exception with is the thread title.

Your exception has been duly noted. It takes a lot to get a thread going on the board these days. In any event, it has generated some interesting discussion/venting, and that was the whole point. So, I'm not apologizing if it offended your delicate sensibilities. You have to realize that a poster with the name "Ron Jeremy" taking offense to anything is a little upsurd.

This thread makes me totally sick, Your smug smart ass post is symptamatic of the kind of fans I hate!

Who do you think got this team to a point that they could be 7-2? it sure wasn't your smart ass self!

Who drafted Jason Campbell,Chris Cooley,LaRon Landry,Carlos Rogers and Sean Taylor. It sure wasn't your Madden playing pimpled butt.

Who pulled the trigger to bring in Portis when Everyone knew ChampBailey WOULD NOT resign.

Who got Pete Kendall

he is not the one that got MOSS, TAYLOR, THRASH, WASHINGTON, SMOOT to miss parts of the season so far.

I hope he leads this team to the playoffs and you get on here and eat some humble pie!

BK--no question there have been good things, even great things that Gibbs has done and no one is denying that. But what ultimately matters, good things notwithstanding is winning.

No question that injuries have played a part in our losses this year, but so has the playcalling.

Like I said much earlier in the thread, what's fueling this thread (and others like it) is our utter frustration in not having a return to Gibbs I.

With Gibbs at the helm, we expect playoffs and potentially Superbowls--but that's not what we've got.

We can go all day describing all of the things that are (or are not) his fault, but at the end of the day, what matters is that the head coach is responsible for the success of the team. End of story.

If the team does not succeed, it's the coach's (i.e., CEO's) fault--just like in business (see, e.g., Stan O'Neal and Charles Prince at Merrill and Citigroup, respectively).

And that's where we are--without a successful product and in the middle of another mediocre year. Not exactly where any of us envisioned this team being at the end of year 4 of Gibbs II.

Who got Pete Kendall

I will gladly come back and eat some humble pie. I want this team to win, and I want it to be successful. I've always wanted that. I love how you throw out only the signings that support your position: what about Lloyd, Archuleta, Brunell, David Patten, TJ Duckett (for a third round pick)?

Give me a freakin break, Billy Killmer. Please continue to insult me, my age, but don't you dare insult my madden skills! I'll take you on anytime, anyplace.

In all seriousness, continue living in the past and making excuses, but don't condemn those of us who choose not to.

You're the one instructing me to change my posting style because you don't like it. You also happen to be lecturing about respect, not only in football but in message board posting, apparently. Read between the lines a little bit. I don't care, at all, what you think about my posts. Thus far, you haven't contributed anything to this thread. Would you like to comment on the game, the playcalling, the coaching staff? Would you like to disagree and provide your thoughts on the situation? By all means, I would would love to hear it. But, don't come into a thread and start attacking a post because it's not "respectful" enough for you. Like I said, I don't worship at the alter of J. Gibbs--you may chose to do so, but that doesn't make me wrong or you right.

I'll save my criticisms of the coach for a thread that's worth it. This one isn't. And I don't think anyone has ever changed their opinion or posting style because of anything I've said. The only reason I've posted here is to add my voice to the chorus of those who don't like to see this kind of crap on this board.

If you don't care what I think, stop responding to me already. If you do care to hear my comments on the game, the playcalling, the coaching staff, show this board a little more respect next time. This has nothing to do with Joe Gibbs.

Either way, you can save your lectures for someone who cares about your opinions. Ok?

Enjoy your thread. I'm done being sanctimonious today.

I'll save my criticisms of the coach for a thread that's worth it. This one isn't. And I don't think anyone has ever changed their opinion or posting style because of anything I've said. The only reason I've posted here is to add my voice to the chorus of those who don't like to see this kind of crap on this board.

If you don't care what I think, stop responding to me already. If you do care to hear my comments on the game, the playcalling, the coaching staff, show this board a little more respect next time. This has nothing to do with Joe Gibbs.

Either way, you can save your lectures for someone who cares about your opinions. Ok?

Enjoy your thread. I'm done being sanctimonious today.

Great, if this thread isn't worth it, stop posting here. We'll be ok without you. Now, you're instructing me to stop responding to you. Wow! Please explain to my how I've disrespected this board? Because I criticized our fearless leader in a way you disagree with and find distasteful? Funny how touchy people get when they don't like the way a certain issue is presented. Then instead of providing any analysis, they take off for the sanctimonious high ground. Have fun up there--I won't miss you.

My season is OVER. I have cried and I am feeling sad. I have nothing left to look forward to this season....and I now just go into the job day after day admiring the Cowboys and N.E. fans, wishing that somehow years ago I had made a different decision on which team to sell my soul to and give my heart to.

It's about being a winner for most of us. Most of us don't make $80,000 plus a year and have a beautiful home with a pretty wife and so many of us are living from paycheck to paycheck and we feel like it would be nice to have something in our lives that proves we are a WINNER. So, we latch onto the Skins and root and holler to show everyone that we are part of something better than our paycheck to paycheck lives.

But when we are wrong...and we are let down..and we are finally faced with the reality that we are losers because we have chosen to latch onto a worthless franchise of a team that continues to lose, continues to be dominated by teams, and continues to be overwhelmed even by other losers...then the reality sinks in and we are hurting deeper and harder than some of you can ever realize. Because we are actually the ones who are being dominated and told that we can't do it. Unfortunately, we have no control over any of the teams decisions, even when we know we are right. That is always up to someone else...and that would be the people who are letting us down.

So now I will try to block out the feelings I have, try to deal with the pain I am feeling, accept the comments and insults from the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys fans who I work with....and I will suffer in silence until next spring when the number 1 pick in the draft and free agency once again give me some false hope.

skins4eva is killing it on these posts...Billy Killmer needs to get some facts straight before posting, he did sign some bogus players as well...Gibbs has done a handfull of good things, no doubt. But the fact is, that overall, redskins fans are not happy with where we are right now and when we look at a team like Dallas who has no problem doing whatever they want on offense, it is a little frusterating that we have a problem of putting the ball in the endzone with 34578904 chances on the 1 yard line this year.

I didn't think it was all that cool either.

neither did I.

again....he has turned things around and deserves credit for that.

yes...after 4 seasons...he may need to step aside just like Parcells. but there are respectful ways of suggesting what we all know to be the next step. oh....the OP had no follow-on plan...just another "moveon.joe" post....

Archived