Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Has No/Old Balls and Coaches the Redskins? (Merged)

skins4eva

I'll ditto that. I'd like to see Greg Blache as defensive coordinator.

Are you serious? Greg Blache? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would like to send him back to Chicago and go and get Ron Rivera as our next defensive coordinator. With the way the NFL is headed scoring and such todays game is made for younger fresher coaches with different and aggresive playcalling on both sides of the ball. The days of these old farts coaching and running down the sidelines are coming to an end. Instead of Snyder snoozing with Tom Cruise he needs to be getting some information on some young up and coming coaches because when Gibbs leaves to elevate Greg Williams or Al Saunders to Head Coach will be yet another stupid and wrong choice. This is a young mans game:notworthy the only place for an old man in today's NFL is in the owners box.:point2sky

I do think this needs to be said to all calling for Gibbs head...

1) Despite the tone of this thread Joe Gibbs is an improvement over the past (sad as that may be). And Gibbs is the best coach this team has had since...well Joe Gibbs. (spurrier, shot, norv)

2) I suspect Joe Gibbs was going to coach through his contract and then move to the front office (regardless of public sentiment for him to stay or to go). And I don't think Joe Gibbs, the Redskins, or the public was in denial about this when he was hired. So stop flipping out, there *ALREADY* is a timetable for Gibbs to bow out. And he's the one who planned for it.

3) The important thing is - there will be continuity when Gibbs goes to the front office. Because Gibbs will hand the keys over to his disignatee who is on hand and a part architect. So there will be not be this huge staff turnover. There will not be a huge player turnover as the new coach unloads players that don't suit him and picks up of new players to suit him. The players will not have to begin as freshman students in a new coaching regime.

Stage I is the foundation, sure I would have liked Gibbs to knock the NFL on the but don't act like we are not going anywhere if we don't.

4) Bottom line: we are approaching stage two of the Gibbs plan not the end of the Gibbs plan. If we can win something in the first stage that would be nice, but if we don't we are still progressing towards the larger goal.

I find this all really really sad and for moderators to pile on is just heart breaking ... I watched the ame last night and I saw nothing to bring on this much hate ... I am starting to think the skins fans ARE the dumbest in all sports...

No, just a few bad apples who enjoy started threads of this kind. :mad: There the ones who stir the pot, sit back, wait for it to calm down, and hit with some more trash talk. :mad: True fans hang in there thick and thin baby! :dallasuck

Are you serious? Greg Blache? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would like to send him back to Chicago and go and get Ron Rivera as our next defensive coordinator. With the way the NFL is headed scoring and such todays game is made for younger fresher coaches with different and aggresive playcalling on both sides of the ball. The days of these old farts coaching and running down the sidelines are coming to an end. Instead of Snyder snoozing with Tom Cruise he needs to be getting some information on some young up and coming coaches because when Gibbs leaves to elevate Greg Williams or Al Saunders to Head Coach will be yet another stupid and wrong choice. This is a young mans game:notworthy the only place for an old man in today's NFL is in the owners box.:point2sky

Are *you* serious?? With this youthful coaching is always better than old coaching platitude? :doh:

Tell it to Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Bill Belichick, Brian Billick, Dick Vermeil. What's the deal do you have a man-crush on John Gruden?

Are *you* serious?? With this youthful coaching is always better than old coaching platitude? :doh:

Tell it to Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Bill Belichick, Brian Billick, Dick Vermeil. What's the deal do you have a man-crush on John Gruden?

• 1 month later...

Gibbs has been a disappointment, however after this season to be 1 win away from Post Season is special, I think this team may be in the Superbowl, After the death of ST this team was in shock, in disarray. It was Gibbs being who and what he is, a spiritual man has gotten this team past a hurdle, God works in mysterious ways and for us sinners who would rather deal with the NFL which is an excuse to not go to church LIKE ME! God could use Joe Jackson Gibbs to teach us God is still here, still around and still loves us ALL! Good versus Evil in the Superbowl.

Good= Gibbs

Evil= Belicheat

Gibbs wins his 4th Superbowl and goes to upper office......

Don't be shocked when and if this happens. I came on here today the first post I see is about God I was like WHOA I then read this and something told me to write this, you tell me......

Merry Christmas fellow Skins fans I wish you all success love and happiness in 2008!

HAIL SKINS!

Respect him or not (and I too respect him for all that he did for us in his first tenure), the coaching we've seen in Gibbs II reflects a lack of resolve and killer instinct.

People will articulate that differently, and I think skins4eva's vehicle reflects his utter frustration, which I think we all share, with respect to the fact that we are not putting teams away. We're not taking the risks it takes to finish teams off.

Not scoring after 7 opportunities within the 5 yard line because of running nearly the same play 6 out of those 7 times reflects a lack of killer instinct and resolve, at least to some of us.

And that's incredibly frustrating.

People are turning on Gibbs II because it's failure to deliver what we all expected: Gibbs I Redux. I don't think people are questionning Gibbs I--it's the shell of the coach we used to have that fans are calling to task.

It's definitely fair to question the means by which people are calling into question Gibbs II, but the frustration level is there for all of us, I think.

I think Gibbs WAS behind the times in 2006 and part of 2007. I think he has turned 100% of the play calling on offense to Al. I think he had the final say so for most of the season which is why we played so conservitive. I think with Collins at QB and Gibbs not interfering with Al's offensive we have a shot.

I think Gibbs WAS behind the times in 2006 and part of 2007. I think he has turned 100% of the play calling on offense to Al. I think he had the final say so for most of the season which is why we played so conservitive. I think with Collins at QB and Gibbs not interfering with Al's offensive we have a shot.

I disagree. Everything has been the same except the QB. The problem clearly was Campbell and his inability to read defenses, innacurate throws and mostly, his turnovers. The stats below don't even show Campbell's fumbles, honestly, I lost count, but there were atleast 5.

jc-tc.jpg

It's the same oline that Campbell had. Collins is just able to read the defense, progress through his checkdown receivers, find the open man and get rid of the ball quickly.

JC can't do that, yet. Although I have my doubts if he'll ever be able to do it, it's been 3 years already.

I got no new threaded for asking if the redskins should change theirn name and this dude gets 3 stars. WoW!!!!!

Because that subject has come up 100 billion times and we're tired of talking about it on this board. We're REDSKINS fans. Period.

Also, I recall a period this year where it came up like 3-4 times in a couple weeks.

Archived