Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Has No/Old Balls and Coaches the Redskins? (Merged)

skins4eva

Well I myself understand alot of the comments to this post. I was around during the Gibbs I era and understand all the frustration of the Gibbs II era. It seems like we just don't have the killer instinct like most teams do. Sitting on leads and playing conservative is something I will NEVER understand. I thought that after Gibbs saw this wasn't working that he would have tried something different. I guess I was wrong.

I believe that football is passing JG by and that he really needs to retire and let someone younger take over. His decisionmaking is antiquated but because of the Gibbs I era we give him benefit of the doubt. JG WAS a very good coach in the 19th century but this is a new century. I'M JUST TIRED OF SAYING I'M GONNA WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! This is getting very old, very fast.

This game was blown on lack of killer-instinct which has plauged us for a while.

You knew going into this game you had to "out-shoot" them. This wasn't the Jets where 5 field goals would get you by.

Granted, the 50-yarder could be excused because it was early and looked like our defense might hold. But still, it was a 50 yarder, which Suisham has shown no ability to make. The 33 yard line is that "no mans land" area where you probably go for it when it's 4th and super-short.

The field goal in the 4th, however, when it was again 4th and 1, was just pure conservative play calling when you knew our defense was susceptible to the long pass. You've gotta go for it there.

but remember what our team was like before gibbs...we sucked every damn year because we couldnt have any continuity in the entire franchise.

gibbs has built a strong, young core or higly talented players, led us to the playoffs for thr first time since '99, and then he finally gave us what we havent had since his first stint as head coach, A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK... so before you trash gibbs, think about what it was like before he got here

but remember what our team was like before gibbs...we sucked every damn year because we couldnt have any continuity in the entire franchise.

gibbs has built a strong, young core or higly talented players, led us to the playoffs for thr first time since '99, and then he finally gave us what we havent had since his first stint as head coach, A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK... so before you trash gibbs, think about what it was like before he got here

Who makes the decision to kick field goals on 4th and 1? IT KILLS us in every game...we're playing a much better team in a division game on the road and Gibbs is content with kicking FG's...it's pathetic, gutless, just absolutely pathetic.

This was very harsh and this might even get you a vacation, as we are seeing Gibbs is allowing a more wide open offense, however in the critical times, he reverts back to his old conservative ways. This is Washington's demise. JC is our QB no doubt, however I don't see us winning no more than 2 games at best, no we aren't making a playoff run and I just hope that Gibbs walks ASAP. We need some YOUNG INNOVATIVE MINDED COACH sorry Joe Gibbs go back to NASCAR now this experiment is done. I would also like to get rid of Greg Williams as well, he is a awful coach once you figure his schemes out, he can't adjust. He is done as well here in DC.

thread closed.

This was very harsh and this might even get you a vacation, as we are seeing Gibbs is allowing a more wide open offense, however in the critical times, he reverts back to his old conservative ways. This is Washington's demise. JC is our QB no doubt, however I don't see us winning no more than 2 games at best, no we aren't making a playoff run and I just hope that Gibbs walks ASAP. We need some YOUNG INNOVATIVE MINDED COACH sorry Joe Gibbs go back to NASCAR now this experiment is done. I would also like to get rid of Greg Williams as well, he is a awful coach once you figure his schemes out, he can't adjust. He is done as well here in DC.

dude...GW's defense played a good game. they got nothing rushing. they created some turn-overs, even a sack or two. you heard GW post-game? mistakes were made by players...some new.....in defensive schemes that were explicitly set up to defend the plays TO scored on. EXECUTION.....a common theme that stands arm over shoulder with 4th & 1!!!!

This forum is full of sensitive people. I got NNT'd for eulogizing Joe Gibbs's coaching ability. I was spot on and I guess the MOD that NNT'd me was butt hurt. Oh well. You can't buy talent Dan Snyder. Not for your team, and not for this forum. Your organization is in ruins.

Archived