Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

snES online

PokerPacker

i haven't looked into the NES/Sega. as for a controller, you should see my set up. i built a 5-player SNES-PC adaptor. i'm playing with REAL snes controllers.

You lucky dog. Where did you get something like that? Or did your technical wizardry butt build somethin?

Speaking of technical, all the stuff you explained in the post about playing online is, again, jibber-jabber to me. But I guess I'd be more than happy to get a step by step walkthrough. I bet it'd help a bunch of others get on, too. Then we could start tournament threads and whatnot.

You lucky dog. Where did you get something like that? Or did your technical wizardry butt build somethin?

Speaking of technical, all the stuff you explained in the post about playing online is, again, jibber-jabber to me. But I guess I'd be more than happy to get a step by step walkthrough. I bet it'd help a bunch of others get on, too. Then we could start tournament threads and whatnot.

i built the thing myself, there's instructions online on how to do it.

anyways, if you want to get this thing working, first download the 3 things they want you to download in that link. (znet, zsnes, mIRC). extract all of the files. then install mIRC first. when it asks you to register, don't bother. then install znet. it will ask you where your zsnes is located, find the folder that contains the zsnes program and select it. then it will ask you where your roms are (game files). do the same with that. then press the CRC scan button.

start with that and see how it goes.

Bring it on although I use SNES 9X.

Man I love me some NHL 94 and Super Mario World (one of the best games EVER)

SNES9x does not have Netplay right now. when i'm playing by myself i use it, but for online, you need ZSNES.

edit: i heard that they're gonna be working on getting it working again now that they've picked the project back up. but until then, this is all we've got. oh, and i'll take your ass down in nhl 94

Hell yeah NHL 94 is great. But NHL 97 owns. :)

On that note, I wonder if we could get some 2 on 2 in games. System linkage on SNES? Probably not possible because the way the games are built...but *drool*

its not because of the way the games are built, its the emulators/clients that can't handle it. NHL 94 supports up to 5 players on the system, but only 2 online.

Dude, you talk a lot of smack for an old-school game historian. We GREW UP in that era. NHL '94 is our Madden '08. I haven't played '94 as much as '97 and '98 because they both flow much better...but give me a 6 pack of pepsi and watch out.

Dude I'm only 17 and I GREW UP on the SNES. My brother is 23 so we had that and an NES but my best friend had an NES and we'd play that too. Actually we have the first system ever, the Magnavox Odyssey and of course the Atari but

SNES was my childhood in videogames. We didn't get the N64 until after 2000.

I had 10X more fun playing the SNES then playing the Gamecuve/PS2.

I think Gens, the Genesis emulator might have better Netplay. I was a Genesis man myself... NHL '98 was the shizzle, and I'm partial to NHLPA '93 (yes, I know everyone loves NHL 94).

I've never done Gens netplay, but would try it... seriously... NBA Jam?

Heh, the Super Nintendo owned the Genesis. It came out two years after and still sold 20 million more than the Genesis. Though Sonic the Hedgehog was legendary it still couldn't beat the even more legendary Super Mario World.

I love NBA Jam. "Booom shacklackalacka" lol.

Dude I'm only 17 and I GREW UP on the SNES. My brother is 23 so we had that and an NES but my best friend had an NES and we'd play that too. Actually we have the first system ever, the Magnavox Odyssey and of course the Atari but

SNES was my childhood in videogames. We didn't get the N64 until after 2000.

I had 10X more fun playing the SNES then playing the Gamecuve/PS2.

Fine, me and your brother vs. you and PokerPacker.

Heh, the Super Nintendo owned the Genesis. It came out two years after and still sold 20 million more than the Genesis. Though Sonic the Hedgehog was legendary it still couldn't beat the even more legendary Super Mario World.

I love NBA Jam. "Booom shacklackalacka" lol.

It is true the SNES beat the Genesis up. Super Star Wars (Series), Mario Land, Chrono Trigger, Metroid, Zelda, the Contras, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Killer Instinct, Super Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Turtles in Time, Battletoads. Sega was great but never stood a chance.

But I swear to GOD I would take Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis) over all those games. Bring it on baby, that game was my early profession.

Dude, you talk a lot of smack for an old-school game historian. We GREW UP in that era. NHL '94 is our Madden '08. I haven't played '94 as much as '97 and '98 because they both flow much better...but give me a 6 pack of pepsi and watch out.

I grew up with NHL '94 just as much as you did. hell, i have two copies of the cartridge. we also have every other one of those games, NHLPA '93 - NHL '98. also, is it really smack talk if those were actually the results of our match up?

Archived