Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

snES online

PokerPacker

I installed all the things indicated in the first page of the thread earlier this morning but it's awkward to play some of these games on the keyboard. I played some AG on the SNES and couldn't move at all during Eliminator , I'll join in and accept some of the challenges waged around here when I get adjusted to the controls.

I installed all the things indicated in the first page of the thread earlier this morning but it's awkward to play some of these games on the keyboard. I played some AG on the SNES and couldn't move at all during Eliminator , I'll join in and accept some of the challenges waged around here when I get adjusted to the controls.

you should get yourself a controller. i'm personally using my home-built SNES-PC adaptor, but a logitech rumblepad 2 or something like that should do the trick. its definitely a worthy investment.

you should get yourself a controller. i'm personally using my home-built SNES-PC adaptor, but a logitech rumblepad 2 or something like that should do the trick. its definitely a worthy investment.

Yeah , there's a controller downstairs. These games seem to be very difficult to play on keyboard , can't pull off the sick moves in Super Mario Kart that I see on Youtube :doh:

I think Gens, the Genesis emulator might have better Netplay. I was a Genesis man myself... NHL '98 was the shizzle, and I'm partial to NHLPA '93 (yes, I know everyone loves NHL 94).

I've never done Gens netplay, but would try it... seriously... NBA Jam?

Every Sports game was the **** on Genesis. The EA games were way better than the SNES ones...

Heh, the Super Nintendo owned the Genesis. It came out two years after and still sold 20 million more than the Genesis. Though Sonic the Hedgehog was legendary it still couldn't beat the even more legendary Super Mario World.

It sold 20 mil more because Sega released the Saturn. Nintendo supported the SNES for another 2 years after Sega abandoned the Genesis. When they were both out & head to head, the Genesis clobbered the SNES....

I will kick all of your asses in NHL95. Sig bets welcome.

I would try, but you're probably right. Especially on the SNES.

NBA Live 95? Now thats a different story....

There was a thread not too long ago about what video games you dominated at. Mine were NHL95 and Red Alert. Not only would i take on all comers at NHL95, i would win by 10+ goals 90% of the time. Im like Rainman on that game. :laugh:

There was a thread not too long ago about what video games you dominated at. Mine were NHL95 and Red Alert. Not only would i take on all comers at NHL95, i would win by 10+ goals 90% of the time. Im like Rainman on that game. :laugh:

You wanna get Yuri spamed in Red Alert, PB? JK, I suck. I'm good at Tiberian Sun, however.

And I'm the same way with NHL '97 as you are with '95. I can put up a 30 spot when I get in the groove.

You wanna get Yuri spamed in Red Alert, PB? JK, I suck. I'm good at Tiberian Sun, however.

And I'm the same way with NHL '97 as you are with '95. I can put up a 30 spot when I get in the groove.

Mine is NHL '94. I got so good back in the day I could win the faceoff left (to sergei Federov), sprint to the goal, do the 94 goalie deke & score. 6 second.

I bet my friend 50 bucks that I could do it without even looking on the screen. He pip'd the screen & froze it. 10 seconds later he unfroze it & saw the Red Wings celebrating the goal.

My favorite part was when we checked the replay, and all I actually did was sprint right into the goalie. Lucky for me the puck trickled in.... :)

Mine is NHL '94. I got so good back in the day I could win the faceoff left (to sergei Federov), sprint to the goal, do the 94 goalie deke & score. 6 second.

I bet my friend 50 bucks that I could do it without even looking on the screen. He pip'd the screen & froze it. 10 seconds later he unfroze it & saw the Red Wings celebrating the goal.

My favorite part was when we checked the replay, and all I actually did was sprint right into the goalie. Lucky for me the puck trickled in.... :)

well get yourself set up and we'll play!

That's hilarious, but cheap that you use the Redwings. ;) Are they the highest rated team in every NHL game on SNES? Yzerman was a maniac.

I played with the Blackhawks (Roanick was the ****). They weren't too bad, weren't too good, but had some ringers everywhere, which was key. Ed Belfor is an awesome goalie, Chelios a good defenseman, Roanick at center, Gary Sutter at right wing. With a SNES controller and a 6 pack of Jolt Cola I will win 30-0 on hard. That ain't no bull, either.

To make it challenging, I limited myself to only shooting one-timers. But then I'd get good at that and have to shoot them from beyond the faceoff markers.

That's hilarious, but cheap that you use the Redwings. ;) Are they the highest rated team in every NHL game on SNES? Yzerman was a maniac.

I played with the Blackhawks (Roanick was the ****). They weren't too bad, weren't too good, but had some ringers everywhere, which was key. Ed Belfor is an awesome goalie, Chelios a good defenseman, Roanick at center, Gary Sutter at right wing. With a SNES controller and a 6 pack of Jolt Cola I will win 30-0 on hard. That ain't no bull, either.

To make it challenging, I limited myself to only shooting one-timers. But then I'd get good at that and have to shoot them from beyond the faceoff markers.

:laugh: sticksboi uses the wings against my Caps. by the way, do you guys play with line-changes? i certainly do.

well get yourself set up and we'll play!

I'll try to download everything later when I get home from work.

Belfour was damn good in that game. Whenever I saw he was "hot" going into the game, I knew I was in trouble.

I will admit that the Wings were nasty. But they're my favorite team, so I used them. Sure they were my favorite team because they were nasty in NHL 93, but it counts....

Yzerman, Federov, Ciccarelli, P coffey, & Lidstrom. Unstoppable.

I also used Winnepeg & Vancouver from time to time. Trevor Linden & Cliff Ronning were good in that game.

:laugh: sticksboi uses the wings against my Caps. by the way, do you guys play with line-changes? i certainly do.

I haven't played in ages, but back in the day I did not play with line changes. I'm sure I could get used to it if I had to. Just means more ice time for Bob Probert......

I haven't played in ages, but back in the day I did not play with line changes. I'm sure I could get used to it if I had to. Just means more ice time for Bob Probert......

I didn't play with line-changes back in the day either, but now that i've gotten older and really come to understand the sport of hockey, it just feels so wrong to play without (plus the caps have pretty good depth with Ridley/Pivonka/Hunter)

Every Sports game was the **** on Genesis. The EA games were way better than the SNES ones...

It sold 20 mil more because Sega released the Saturn. Nintendo supported the SNES for another 2 years after Sega abandoned the Genesis. When they were both out & head to head, the Genesis clobbered the SNES....

The combined sales of the Saturn and Genesis weren't even close to the SNES.

The combined sales of the Saturn and Genesis weren't even close to the SNES.

If Sega didn't release the Saturn, and kept supporting the Genesis, the numbers in America (20 mil to 15.4 mil) would be different.

Super Nintendo caught & surpassed the Genesis after Sega moved on.

The Saturns failure has nothing to do with this. Don't get me started on the Saturn. It, like the Dreamcast, was a great system that couldn't hold onto enough support & died painful deaths.... :(

Man, I gotta buy a new controller for the computer so I can play these games easier. It just gets frustrating playing games like Contra and Ikari Warriors that require very quick thumbs.

As far as SNES I am so down with teaming up in Turtles IV.

Any option to get some games going for NES/Sega? Streets of Rage 2 on hard might be the greatest 2 player game ever.

http://gens.consolemul.com/

I also thought SEGA had the better games, and system.

this is the emulator for Sega... there are tons of games that run on this baby!

You can play the games online against people as well.

Archived