Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

snES online

PokerPacker

in the Mike Tyson punch-out thread, i came up with the idea of have an ES tournament or something where we play SNES games against each other online. I don't really have any specifics at the time, but we could use this thread to plan or if someone just wants to play casually, make a post in this thread to get other people online.

edit: we are no longer going to try to use zbattle, z-net is better:

follow these instructions znet

- How do I get the games?

- Where do I store them on my computer?

do an online search for SNES ROMS, you can just store them in a folder anywhere in your computer, but i prefer to put the ROMS folder in the folder that also stores the emulator for convenience.

I'll try to find some good sites for ROM downloads.

Can you please explain to me what an emulator is and how zbattle is related to that. Thanks.

It's embarrasing that I work at a gaming center and am this e-tarded. I need step my game up.

an emulator is a program that acts like a piece of hardware, in this case, it is acting like the hardware of the Super Nintendo. Zbattle is a program that was made to work in conjunction with the a specific SNES emulator, ZSNES.

i'm trying to figure out that direction myself right now. having a hell of a time getting this Zbattle thing to work.
Can't seem to get it either.

So, you start up the Zbattle, then open up Znes and go to netplay. The type in your IP address to host a game?

Can't seem to get it either.

So, you start up the Zbattle, then open up Znes and go to netplay. The type in your IP address to host a game?

no, you go into Zbattle and create or join a game. when you start a game, it should open up ZSNES automatically. right now i'm having troubles connecting to server. could be a firewall problem.

i dunno, i'd have to look into that. you're looking to use the mouse as the aimer instead of the actual superscope gun, right?

maybe this has the answer to your question:

http://members.tripod.com/~SirFrag/emu/snes.htm

Man, all that is jibber-jabber to me. If you find that you're able to play Battleclash on the comp, lemme know... :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 months later...

alright guys, i finally had my first online SNES experience today! i promised i'd deliver, it took me awhile, but here it is. Z-battle is not going to be what we use, we will use something called z-net. it is a better client for ZSNES that allows for TCP/IP connection. If you have a router and can't access the firewall to forward your port, then you can only play as a client and not a host. here are the basic instructions, if you need more help, post in here.

http://znet.byethost13.com/install.html

alright guys, i finally had my first online SNES experience today! i promised i'd deliver, it took me awhile, but here it is. Z-battle is not going to be what we use, we will use something called z-net. it is a better client for ZSNES that allows for TCP/IP connection. If you have a router and can't access the firewall to forward your port, then you can only play as a client and not a host. here are the basic instructions, if you need more help, post in here.

http://znet.byethost13.com/install.html

Man, I gotta buy a new controller for the computer so I can play these games easier. It just gets frustrating playing games like Contra and Ikari Warriors that require very quick thumbs.

As far as SNES I am so down with teaming up in Turtles IV.

Any option to get some games going for NES/Sega? Streets of Rage 2 on hard might be the greatest 2 player game ever.

Man, I gotta buy a new controller for the computer so I can play these games easier. It just gets frustrating playing games like Contra and Ikari Warriors that require very quick thumbs.

As far as SNES I am so down with teaming up in Turtles IV.

Any option to get some games going for NES/Sega? Streets of Rage 2 on hard might be the greatest 2 player game ever.

i haven't looked into the NES/Sega. as for a controller, you should see my set up. i built a 5-player SNES-PC adaptor. i'm playing with REAL snes controllers.

Archived