Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Top 5 Nfc Teams

50yrSKINSfan

wow..thats extreme skins right there!!

we beat the lions but our own fans won't say we should be higher then them. this is why I drink during the game, so I can drown out the so-called "fans" who just bash us even when we have as many wins as we did last year. we are doing BETTER then we did last year and still all I see when I log in here is bashing and complaining.

We ARE better then the Lions, we HAVE beaten them. Period, end of story. You can't be better then the team that has already beaten you.

Wow...you are narrowing your scope to just one game. After eight games, Detroit has a better record and has performed better (overall) than the Skins. Your comments don't make you a better fan, but it does indicate that you are a more myopic fan (which is not intended to be an insult because it's not necessarily a bad thing). I wish I could be more like you...unfortunately, I'm not.

ESPN First Take: Top NFC Teams ( Marcelius Wiley)

1. cowboys

2. greenbay

3. giants

4.Redskins

5.lions

-The lions are a good team but havent beaten anyone in the top 4, and have a very tough schedule ahead of them. Prediction 9-7

-The Redskins have great talent and Cambell shows great poise for a young QB. Tough schedule ahead full of NFC Eas topponents Prediction 9-7

-The giants have been a hot team in the nfc but lost to greenbay and dallas.

Prediction: 10-6

greenbay has been on fire with Bret Farve but with no running game it will reflect toward the end of the season. : 12-4

dallas has all the weapons and a QB thats playing great right now. They have won all of their road games which bodes well for the rest of their schedule. Prediction : 13-3

Wow...you are narrowing your scope to just one game. After eight games, Detroit has a better record and has performed better (overall) than the Skins. Your comments don't make you a better fan, but it does indicate that you are a more myopic fan (which is not intended to be an insult because it's not necessarily a bad thing). I wish I could be more like you...unfortunately, I'm not.

it just feels really odd and out of place to me that we are on a redskins website talking about how a team we beat is better then us. Detroits schedule has been weak up until now and they are not doing anything that we arent. their 3 backs combined dont have as much as CP and they have just as many TDs combined as CP does.

It comes down to them not being any better then us and me not believing that they are better then us. its science man, plain and simple. we beat them, they dont dominate either. outside of the raiders and broncos, who have they dominated?

truthfully no, i would doubt we are it...

plus, in our last 3 games we have:

Beat a 3-5 team with a one armed QB when their kicker missed a last second field goal

Lost 52-7 to the team with the best record in football

Beat a 1-8 team in OT....

We are not currently playing like one of the 5 best teams in the NFC...

My guess is 5 will be the Saints, and they are playing better than we are right now...

Over the last 5 games:

The Giants are 5-0

The Cowboys are 4-1

The Packers are 4-1

The Lions are 4-1

The Saints are 4-1

We are 3-2

it is top 5 teams not the top 5 teams in the last 5 games. Forget your riddillin today?

Why would you think we would be on the list based on what we have done this season?? :doh:

Dallas - Playing better than us. ALOT better.

Giants - Better record. Beat us.

Packers - Better record. Beat us.

Lions - We beat them by a large margin. I think they are overrated but they have a better record. Period.

Siants - On fire right now. Looking really good on offense again.

We on the other hand got smoked by 45 pts, almost lost to a 1-7 team and almost lost to a one-armed QB leading a 3-5 team in the last 3 weeks. Beyond that, and setting aside our thumping of Detriot we have wins over Miami(the worst team in football) barely, a good win over a Philly team that is 3-5 and losses to the Packers and Gaints(at home). No, not top5, not yet. Let the bias go, we just haven't earned it yet. :2cents:

nothing left to be said :applause:

it just feels really odd and out of place to me that we are on a redskins website talking about how a team we beat is better then us. Detroits schedule has been weak up until now and they are not doing anything that we arent. their 3 backs combined dont have as much as CP and they have just as many TDs combined as CP does.

It comes down to them not being any better then us and me not believing that they are better then us. its science man, plain and simple. we beat them, they dont dominate either. outside of the raiders and broncos, who have they dominated?

I hear ya.

The season is only half over. Detroit's remaining schedule is real tough and so is the Skins'. The only real issue is where will both teams be after 16 games: in or out of the playoffs? I would love to see the Skins make it, but it's not going to happen if the offense doesn't show significant improvement. :2cents:

We beat the Ravens in 2000 we didn't end up being the better team. We beat the Pats the year they went to one of their superbowls. Detroit also was killed by the Eagles but I wouldn't put them ahead of the Lions if I was making power rankings.

Sometimes its your day or maybe we just match up well against them but in the big picture looking from a objective veiw a win against a team doesn't make you the better team. If you think so you are pretty simplistic. RIGHT NOW the Lions are a hotter team and deserve the press. We have not warrented great press YET. Lets wait and let our team handle success before we crown them.

this site depresses me. It is really funny that they are ONE freaking win in front of us and we are so ready to claim them as better then us. I guess the extreme part of the day isnt until later. This must be "roll over and give up" hour here.

You can not be that simple minded? :silly: Most people who you think you are debating with are just stating they can see how and objective party could come up with these rankings. Should the Eagles be ahead of the Lions in ESPNs rankings right now as we speak going in to week 10?

You can not be that simple minded? :silly: Most people are who you think you are debating with are just stating they can see how and objective party could come up with these rankings. Should the Eagles be ahead of the Lions in ESPNs rankings right now as we speak going in to week 10?

its just amazing that you have the name faithful in it and you cant put us above a team that we very easily beat down. we not only beat them but we dominated them. and i dont care what the eagles did to them except for to compare it to the fact that people want to complain that we have barely beaten crappy teams. well guess what, they got their butts handed to them by one. why are our own fans so critical of a team that has as many wins by midway thru a season that they had all year last year? why cant we say stuff like "man we have some stuff to improve on but we are on the right track". "ya know, i sure am glad we are winning these games but it would be nicer if they did something to get that killer instinct". everything seems to be just negative and speaking about what we DONT do.

we beat the lions. we beat them thuroughly. their schedule has been weak. they have no running game. our D and special teams are far superior to theris. our running game is far superior as well. CP has more yards then their top 3 backs and they have as many TDs as CP does by himself. how does that make them a better team then them?

ESPN First Take: Top NFC Teams ( Marcelius Wiley)

1. cowboys

2. greenbay

3. giants

4.Redskins

5.lions

-The lions are a good team but havent beaten anyone in the top 4, and have a very tough schedule ahead of them. Prediction 9-7

-The Redskins have great talent and Cambell shows great poise for a young QB. Tough schedule ahead full of NFC Eas topponents Prediction 9-7

-The giants have been a hot team in the nfc but lost to greenbay and dallas.

Prediction: 10-6

greenbay has been on fire with Bret Farve but with no running game it will reflect toward the end of the season. : 12-4

dallas has all the weapons and a QB thats playing great right now. They have won all of their road games which bodes well for the rest of their schedule. Prediction : 13-3

I have to admit, I'm suprised we made the list, let alone got the #4 spot.

Though that's higher than I'd put us (yes, I'd put the Lions ahead of us right now) it's not that crazy. We do have a very nice defense, are very physical on both sides of the ball, and have a winning record against a pretty tough schedule.

And I'd hope those of you calling our Lion game an anomaly would be willing to call the Pats game one as well.

it is top 5 teams not the top 5 teams in the last 5 games. Forget your riddillin today?

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and lately, the Redskins havn't done anything to suggest we belong in the top 5 of the NFC. Period. If we can get a solid victory over the eagles this weekend (by solid, I mean, two score), and play well in all facets of the game, then we might be able to be considered a top 5 NFC team. I just hope the gnats and pukes beat the hell out of each other this weekend. :cheers:

who cares about rankings? rankings dont win games. we need to continue to win games. until were the patriots and we are #1, i dont care. remember if youre not first...youre last

The Late Dale Earnhardt when asked what he thought about finishing in second place: "Doesn't mean much except that you're the first loser."

And I'd hope those of you calling our Lion game an anomaly would be willing to call the Pats game one as well.

Since I'm the one who used that term, I'll go ahead and take a crack at this one. ;)

Yes and no. Yes as far as the Skins D goes, because they've played at a consistantly high level for the season as a whole. I felt pretty confident going into that game that we'd at least be able to keep it within two scores. So yes, defensively, that rear-end ripping by the Pats was kind of an anomaly.

No in the sense that the team as a whole has been eeking out wins for the most part. I'll certainly take the "w's" without question, because that is the ONLY stat that matters. But the Pats put on a dominating performance.

I have to admit, I'm suprised we made the list, let alone got the #4 spot.

Though that's higher than I'd put us (yes, I'd put the Lions ahead of us right now) it's not that crazy. We do have a very nice defense, are very physical on both sides of the ball, and have a winning record against a pretty tough schedule.

I think it's fair. We had one terrible game. And we did stomp Detroit and I think there is recognition that we were the clearly better team against GB and it seems they are recognizing a second half followed a dominate first over the G's.

Archived