Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Top 5 Nfc Teams

50yrSKINSfan

Dallas, Giants, and Green Bay are pretty much a given at 1-3. We beat Detroit, but they are one game up on us at 6-2 and have had some impressive wins lately, so i'd rank them at #4. I'd say #5 is a toss up between the skins, bucs and saints (who are looking real strong now). In other words, don't be shocked if we're not. Let's just concentrate on the Eagles this week...a 6-3 record has a much stronger case for being in the top 5.

truthfully no, i would doubt we are it...

plus, in our last 3 games we have:

Beat a 3-5 team with a one armed QB when their kicker missed a last second field goal

Lost 52-7 to the team with the best record in football

Beat a 1-8 team in OT....

We are not currently playing like one of the 5 best teams in the NFC...

My guess is 5 will be the Saints, and they are playing better than we are right now...

Over the last 5 games:

The Giants are 5-0

The Cowboys are 4-1

The Packers are 4-1

The Lions are 4-1

The Saints are 4-1

We are 3-2

Why would anyone think that we would be on that list??? It is ESPN after all.

Why would you think we would be on the list based on what we have done this season?? :doh:

Dallas - Playing better than us. ALOT better.

Giants - Better record. Beat us.

Packers - Better record. Beat us.

Lions - We beat them by a large margin. I think they are overrated but they have a better record. Period.

Siants - On fire right now. Looking really good on offense again.

We on the other hand got smoked by 45 pts, almost lost to a 1-7 team and almost lost to a one-armed QB leading a 3-5 team in the last 3 weeks. Beyond that, and setting aside our thumping of Detriot we have wins over Miami(the worst team in football) barely, a good win over a Philly team that is 3-5 and losses to the Packers and Gaints(at home). No, not top5, not yet. Let the bias go, we just haven't earned it yet. :2cents:

Why would you think we would be on the list based on what we have done this season?? :doh:

Dallas - Playing better than us. ALOT better.

Giants - Better record. Beat us.

Packers - Better record. Beat us.

Lions - We beat them by a large margin. I think they are overrated but they have a better record. Period.

Siants - On fire right now. Looking really good on offense again.

We on the other hand got smoked by 45 pts, almost lost to a 1-7 team and almost lost to a one-armed QB leading a 3-5 team in the last 3 weeks. Beyond that, and setting aside our thumping of Detriot we have wins over Miami(the worst team in football) barely, a good win over a Philly team that is 3-5 and losses to the Packers and Gaints(at home). No, not top5, not yet. Let the bias go, we just haven't earned it yet. :2cents:

Yep. :applause:

just a quick question...why are people putting Detroit up there when we steady handed them their butts?

You are your record, and they have a better record. Not to mention that the Detroit game seems to have been a bit of an anomoly in the grander perspective of the rest of the Skins' season thus far.

According to power rankings were 6th.

1. Pukes

2. Pack

3. Giants

4. Detroit

5. Saints

6. Skins

That's completely fair and reasonable at this point. Unfortunately, sixth isn't good enough, considering the winner of the pathetic NFC West has to get in.

Man, I say if a division winner finishes with an 8-8 record or worse, that division should forfeit its playoff spot.

They have ONE game of a better record and if we tie them we have the tiebreaker. They have NO running game and we are able to shut them down as we have shown. Heck, even Philly shut them down...they are NOT top tier..

Until the Jets game, the Skins didn't have much of a running game either. Problem is, we also don't have a passing game. Detroit does.

Yes we did beat them, soundly. But the body of work throughout the season for both teams speaks differently for the moment.

Hey, I'd love to see the Skins ranked higher, but as has been previously stated, they just haven't earned it.

Until the Jets game, the Skins didn't have much of a running game either. Problem is, we also don't have a passing game. Detroit does.

Yes we did beat them, soundly. But the body of work throughout the season for both teams speaks differently for the moment.

Hey, I'd love to see the Skins ranked higher, but as has been previously stated, they just haven't earned it.

wow..thats extreme skins right there!!

we beat the lions but our own fans won't say we should be higher then them. this is why I drink during the game, so I can drown out the so-called "fans" who just bash us even when we have as many wins as we did last year. we are doing BETTER then we did last year and still all I see when I log in here is bashing and complaining.

We ARE better then the Lions, we HAVE beaten them. Period, end of story. You can't be better then the team that has already beaten you.

They have ONE game of a better record and if we tie them we have the tiebreaker. They have NO running game and we are able to shut them down as we have shown. Heck, even Philly shut them down...they are NOT top tier..

Actually, if you look at the Lions 3 wins since we beat them they are averaging 135 yards per game on the ground....that, for the record, if you just used those 3 games as a baseline, would put them (in average YPG) as 8th in the NFL for rushing.....dropping the Redskins to 10th (currently the Patriots are 8, Redskins 9)

The Lions DO have a running game since the return of Kevin Jones...We do hold the tiebreaker...but you are wrong about their offense....in their 3 wins, against Tampa, Chicago, and Denver, Kitna only had a TD pass against Denver...in the other 2 victories all of their offensive TDs were...wait for it...rushing TDs...and in the Tampa victory they had more rushing yards than passing yards....

Actually having a running back seems to have made a difference....

Their remaining schedule is brutal, so we will see if they are for real...but do your research before you create criticisms....

Archived