Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Top 5 Nfc Teams

50yrSKINSfan

I would not put the Saints ahead of us. Or the Lions. We beat the Lions. We have a better record than the Saints. If its based on the record, we should be on top of the Saints. If its based on performance we should be on top of the Lions because we trounced them. I don't buy that Detroit is a better team than us just cause they have one more win. Lets see them play NE.

I would not put the Saints ahead of us. Or the Lions. We beat the Lions. We have a better record than the Saints. If its based on the record, we should be on top of the Saints. If its based on performance we should be on top of the Lions because we trounced them. I don't buy that Detroit is a better team than us just cause they have one more win. Lets see them play NE.

THANK YOU!!!

I am really having a hard time believing that Skins fans are posting anything remotely like this!!

I think there is a clump there at the 5th spot with TB, NO and us.

I see the NFC right now as Dallas, NYG and GB are clearly the top three. Then there is a drop off. Detroit is 4th and then a drop off to the clump of teams at 5. Our win against Detroit was an anomaly with respect to our season so far and to their season. I suspect if we were heading this weekend to Detroit, there would be a far different outcome.

We can't be a top 5 team with a QB that is in the bottom 5 unless we have an elite defense, which we do not. We have a very good defense, but that can't make up for a pathetic offense.

I see the NFL stacking up like this right now, with gaps indicated to show a drop off:

1. NE

2. Indy

3. Pitt (they are right on Indy's heels)

4. Dallas

5. NYG

6. GB

7. Tennessee

8. Detroit

9. Jacksonville

10. Clump

And that clump consists of Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Cleveland, Chargers, us (Washington), and a surprise team I'll address later.

Really, that whole 8-15 range is crammed together. NO is on the way up, and SD looked like they might be too. TB is probably reached the max of their potential, and so is Cleveland--I can definitely see a return to earth for both of them because they just are not that good. (Note: if Minny had a NFL QB, they'd be way up here too). We are right there in that clump. Our defense is good enough to bring us to the head of that clump, but unless our QB gets his act together, we will be mired in the middle to the back end of that clump.

My surprise team, which I think will make a move up and be thrown into the mix is Buffalo. They are a good team. Look at their losses: Week 1 they lost 14-15 to Denver; Week 2 they lost to an excellent Pitt team; Week 3 they got spanked by the phenomenal New England team; Weak 4 they beat the Jets; Weak 5 almost beat an excellent Dallas team; then they won 3 straight against the Ravens, Jets and Bengals. 3 points separate them from a win in Denver and against Dallas and a 6-2 record with losses only to New England and Pitt. The Bills are a good football team, and they have been playing through injuries and are getting healthy. Watch out for them. If they start getting some breaks, I could see them moving up to the 7-10th spot in the NFL.

wow..thats extreme skins right there!!

we beat the lions but our own fans won't say we should be higher then them. this is why I drink during the game, so I can drown out the so-called "fans" who just bash us even when we have as many wins as we did last year. we are doing BETTER then we did last year and still all I see when I log in here is bashing and complaining.

We ARE better then the Lions, we HAVE beaten them. Period, end of story. You can't be better then the team that has already beaten you.

Whoa there Nancy... I've been around here several years longer than you have, I just don't give a damn about post counts. So how about lightening up on what kind of fan I am? Put simply, I prefer to look at the big picture rather than the one game.

Yes, we beat Detroit. That should automatically rank us higher than them? So for argument's sake, I guess if we lose to Philly next week, Dallas beats NY, but then we beat Dallas the following week, we should automatically be ranked higher than the Cowboys then... even though we'd be 6-4 & they at 8-2?

Take off your glasses and re-read that one more time - see if it makes any more sense to you.

I'd love nothing more than to crown the Skins the ranking kings, but until they are able to put more than ONE great game together... I'm sorry. Doesn't mean I'm less of a fan.

Actually, if you look at the Lions 3 wins since we beat them they are averaging 135 yards per game on the ground....that, for the record, if you just used those 3 games as a baseline, would put them (in average YPG) as 8th in the NFL for rushing.....dropping the Redskins to 10th (currently the Patriots are 8, Redskins 9)

The Lions DO have a running game since the return of Kevin Jones...We do hold the tiebreaker...but you are wrong about their offense....in their 3 wins, against Tampa, Chicago, and Denver, Kitna only had a TD pass against Denver...in the other 2 victories all of their offensive TDs were...wait for it...rushing TDs...and in the Tampa victory they had more rushing yards than passing yards....

Actually having a running back seems to have made a difference....

Their remaining schedule is brutal, so we will see if they are for real...but do your research before you create criticisms....

kevin jones had 71 yards last week..what is so dominating about that? i believe my research was done and you just dont want to realize that they arent dominating with the "running game". if 71 yards is good, then we have been excellent!!

what you said that i underlined and made red was the most important fact in the whole statement. we beat them..this is a skins site and the truth is they do have a brutal schedule and we are ONLY one game behind.

Top five barely matters. Because a team that will barely crack the top 8 (Seattle) is getting into the playoffs.

So you have.

Div Winners: Dallas, Green Bay, New Orleans, Seattle

Teams fighting for the wild cards: New York, Detroit, Washington, Tampa Bay

Thats all that matters. Skins get Tampa & NY down the stretch (With 10 days to prepare for NY as well).

just a quick question...why are people putting Detroit up there when we steady handed them their butts?

Because Detroit doesn't barely beat 1-7 teams in overtime or get a gift from a mediocre Arizona team and their kicker with a lame QB coming from behind. We handed them their butts but they've earned the rest of their wins. We've just barely scratched by scrub teams.

Because Detroit doesn't barely beat 1-7 teams in overtime or get a gift from a mediocre Arizona team and their kicker with a lame QB coming from behind. We handed them their butts but they've earned the rest of their wins. We've just barely scratched by scrub teams.

they lost to a scrub Philly team the same way we lost to the Pats. I would think that should "wash away" those 2 squeaker wins that we have. Their "lame QB" in AZ was once a MVP and has some dang good weapons around him in Fitzgerald and Boldin.

I want you to also know that I am not saying they suck at all, but they lost to us pretty solidly. They have no more potential then we do and they have no more talent then we do. If anything we have a better runinng game and much better D.

Why would you think we would be on the list based on what we have done this season?? :doh:

Dallas - Playing better than us. ALOT better.

Giants - Better record. Beat us.

Packers - Better record. Beat us.

Lions - We beat them by a large margin. I think they are overrated but they have a better record. Period.

Siants - On fire right now. Looking really good on offense again.

We on the other hand got smoked by 45 pts, almost lost to a 1-7 team and almost lost to a one-armed QB leading a 3-5 team in the last 3 weeks. Beyond that, and setting aside our thumping of Detriot we have wins over Miami(the worst team in football) barely, a good win over a Philly team that is 3-5 and losses to the Packers and Gaints(at home). No, not top5, not yet. Let the bias go, we just haven't earned it yet. :2cents:

Dude, you're going to get the label of not being a true Redskins fan around here.

Come on guys....you dont actually think we should be on this list right now do you? If we beat Philly this weekend then maybe we can slide into that 5 spot....

dude we are a good team yes we lost to the patriots but we lost to the giants by a yard and we lost to greenbay by a fumble we are really right on the edge of having a great year dont get me wrong i am not making excuses we lost those games but we are really doing good this year especially all the losses we have had on the o line

dude we are a good team yes we lost to the patriots but we lost to the giants by a yard and we lost to greenbay by a fumble we are really right on the edge of having a great year dont get me wrong i am not making excuses we lost those games but we are really doing good this year especially all the losses we have had on the o line

you are my new best friend...lol

we have lost and we have things to improve upon but we are moving in the right direction and have shown that we can play with ANY team in the league (outside of the Pats).

We ARE better then the Lions, we HAVE beaten them. Period, end of story. You can't be better then the team that has already beaten you.

Yea, that would be like us trying to claim we're better than NE:2cents:

Archived