Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the Word on Carlos?

method man

Yeah I hope its not as serious as it looks. It looked pretty bad, I hope it turns out like JC's knee injury. His knee injury looked bad but wasn't that serious. We need Carlos. He has had a pretty good year this. I know he had a bad year last season but that is no reason to wish him ill. Smoot has been banged up this year and Springs is prone to injury. It seems that our CB depth is going to be tested again this season.

Yeah I hope its not as serious as it looks. It looked pretty bad, I hope it turns out like JC's knee injury. His knee injury looked bad but wasn't that serious. We need Carlos. He has had a pretty good year this. I know he had a bad year last season but that is no reason to wish him ill. Smoot has been banged up this year and Springs is prone to injury. It seems that our CB depth is going to be tested again this season.

I hope Carlos is OK..He is a very solid CB, I dont understand why people hate on him so much..Get well soon Carlos..We'll need you.

they hate on him b/c when they think of a CB all they think of is INT's. They don't even know what the main job of a CB is. He's arguably our best CB. I would bring stats into this but it'd be pointless.

Which is why I have stopped trying to argue to those who keep saying Carlos sucks. I know he doesn't suck and it is pointless to try to get those who are incapable of ever believing, to believe.

I hope Carlos is OK..He is a very solid CB, I dont understand why people hate on him so much..Get well soon Carlos..We'll need you.

they hate on him b/c when they think of a CB all they think of is INT's. They don't even know what the main job of a CB is. He's arguably our best CB. I would bring stats into this but it'd be pointless.

Which is why I have stopped trying to argue to those who keep saying Carlos sucks. I know he doesn't suck and it is pointless to try to get those who are incapable of ever believing, to believe.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=5419

Cornerback Carlos Rogers suffered what was called a significant knee ligament injury in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

The injury was to Rogers' MCL in his right knee. It's believed he also may have injured his ACL in the knee, so he will undergo further tests on Monday.

Rogers suffered the knee injury after he was blocked on a short pass from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to running back Kevin Faulk. He gingerly walked off the field with help from two athletic trainers.

Rogers had entered the game with a sprained left knee that limited him in practice last week. He was listed as probable entering the game.

As a result of Rogers' injury, the Redskins' defense found itself in a tight spot against the potent Patriots offense.

At pre-game, Fred Smoot was deactivated due to a hamstring injury. It's the third game this season that Smoot has missed due to an injured hamstring.

Rogers was replaced by first-year player Leigh Torrence in the secondary. Eight-year veteran David Macklin also saw action at cornerback.

Pierson Prioleau saw plenty of action in coverage as well. He started the game when the Redskins opened with an extra defensive back.

Rogers' status will be updated on Monday, team officials said.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=5419

Cornerback Carlos Rogers suffered what was called a significant knee ligament injury in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

The injury was to Rogers' MCL in his right knee. It's believed he also may have injured his ACL in the knee, so he will undergo further tests on Monday.

Rogers suffered the knee injury after he was blocked on a short pass from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to running back Kevin Faulk. He gingerly walked off the field with help from two athletic trainers.

Rogers had entered the game with a sprained left knee that limited him in practice last week. He was listed as probable entering the game.

As a result of Rogers' injury, the Redskins' defense found itself in a tight spot against the potent Patriots offense.

At pre-game, Fred Smoot was deactivated due to a hamstring injury. It's the third game this season that Smoot has missed due to an injured hamstring.

Rogers was replaced by first-year player Leigh Torrence in the secondary. Eight-year veteran David Macklin also saw action at cornerback.

Pierson Prioleau saw plenty of action in coverage as well. He started the game when the Redskins opened with an extra defensive back.

Rogers' status will be updated on Monday, team officials said.

Despite the nay sayers, or Defense will take three steps back without carlos. mark my words he is a better corner than you give credit. There is far more to playing the position then just catching INTs. We will miss rogers if he is done. Question is if he's done how do we fill that roster spot?

Despite the nay sayers, or Defense will take three steps back without carlos. mark my words he is a better corner than you give credit. There is far more to playing the position then just catching INTs. We will miss rogers if he is done. Question is if he's done how do we fill that roster spot?

Torn ACL and MCL

The Redskins fear that CB Carlos Rogers has a torn ACL and MCL.

The medical staff is bracing for Rogers to face a six-to-nine month recovery period. Rogers, the No. 9 pick overall in 2005, was considered a slight disappointment before this year, but seemed to be coming into his own. Fred Smoot, who is dealing with a nagging hamstring injury, will replace him. Washington's secondary becomes a better matchup for fantasy purposes.

Source: Washington Post

Related: Fred Smoot

Torn ACL and MCL

The Redskins fear that CB Carlos Rogers has a torn ACL and MCL.

The medical staff is bracing for Rogers to face a six-to-nine month recovery period. Rogers, the No. 9 pick overall in 2005, was considered a slight disappointment before this year, but seemed to be coming into his own. Fred Smoot, who is dealing with a nagging hamstring injury, will replace him. Washington's secondary becomes a better matchup for fantasy purposes.

Source: Washington Post

Related: Fred Smoot

also, I have been saying it for two years, Carlos is a good corner. Just because everyone on this board loves to talk down about him, every mistake is magnified, making him look 10x worse then he really is.

Corners get burned, its part of the game. But the fact is, Carlos hasnt gotten burned that much this year, and he is a solid corner for us that is great in the run game.

This is going to be a huge loss to this defense

Archived