Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Spin Zone! N5 explodes on the Eagles!

Number5

For as long as you guys have known me on this board, I have tried to be rational and positive with regards to the Eagles. I have put objective views on controversial topics and often have found myself in the crosshairs of other fans for remaining so faithful to this team....

Well, it has officially hit the fan for me!

Yesterday, I was forced to watch an authentic pile of sh%t demoralize an entire city. Watching Andy Reid's post game presser made me realize that you know what, he really does need to go. He deflected most difficult questions and the ones he answered, he didn't really answer. Even the reporters appeared to feel bad for the coach because of his personal life that they basically gave up on asking him the tough questions. Mark Eckel said it best this morning, "You want a coach who can be a reflection of not only the team, but the city also. That's what John Stevens and Mo Cheeks are. Tough, up front guys who wear their emotions on their sleeves. If that's the case with Reid, then what do you think the people of this city think of themselves this morning?" How many times must we Eagles fans be forced to listen to the following quotes...

"I need to put the players in better positions."

"I need to look at the tape before I can give you an answer."

I can remember a very successful coach with the Eagles (who might I add fans still want to have some sort of involvement with the team) who used to regulary blast his players, coaches, etc. And for that, the city and his team embraced him and he has become some what of an icon, even though he never won a playoff game.

For the last 9 years, you have been reviewing tape and we fans are still looking for answers. Yesterday was a prime example of how hard and fast the Eagles have fallen. Can any of you name the player who destroyed the Eagles yesterday, how was actually available for them to draft at 26? Two hints, he is a TE, and he had more receptions than any Eagles TE yesterday!

Greg "FRIGGIN" Olsen. We have so many read zone issues, and this kids was basically running wild over the middle of the field.

I would complain about the ground game, but why do it when I have SOOOO many more things to get off my chest!

This team blows, but you can't put all the blame on them, but a nice amount should be shoved so that players like Considummy and bum arse Kearse can eat it. Is it me, or did yesterday look like Kearse was just playing for a paycheck? In 6 games hae has a total of 10 tackles....10 tackles. UrLacKerZ had 6 tackles, IN THE 1st QTR! There was a Gocong sighting, but then again, I also saw a roach run across my carpet, so I guess sightings aren't always a good thing huh?

Anyways, the FO blows, but in all honesty, tr1 has been saying that for the last 3 years. The arrogance was on full display yesterday. A sold out staduim filled with excited fans, and what do they do, the FO puts a high school gym class on the field and expects us to be happy. You got ole' Broken Neck (sorry Dawk, but I'm calling it like I see it) leading the Eagles cheers, after a f**king field goal? Dude, real talk, hang up the cleats, maybe the team could use the money to sign a younger, faster version of you! I mean, as much as I hate to say it, but I'd rather have the Skins FS and SS right now because more than anything else, those two are what you were....YOUNG, FASTER, and HUNGRY! Imagine the Eagles CBs with the Skins' Safeties....WOW!

The end of this team started when T.O. lost his mind and got himself kicked off the team. He showed the world the truth....which was that players knew that he could make a difference! This team was no longer McNabb's, but they were in fact a team. No wonder 1/2 the defence wanted him to stay, they knew that with Owens, at least they would have a chance to rest instead of having to spend almost 40 minutes a game on the field. The loss of Owens showed that it was in fact it was T.O. who made McNabb an elite QB. Think about it, McNabb was always considered a star, but with Owens, he became a superstar....and he hasn't been the same since.

I could go on and on about how I think this team can improve, but what good would that do? They don't care what the fans think. We have been saying for years, get McNabb weapons, run the ball, draft Dawks replacement...and what do we get? Bums, 18 carries a game, and a second QB!

God, I hate this team so much right now, but like the rest of the dopes, I will find myself rooting them on again, on Sunday. It pains me to be an Eagles fan so much because you sit there through the good times and try to feel blessed that this isn't the Kotite era, but then you remember, that Kotite took them to the playoffs once. The Rhodes era, was crazy, but at least they went to the playoffs twice. Each era ended with the coach being run out of town and the city's psyche was severly damaged. This time will be no different...for as you can read, I'm damaged already, and it's on 9:45 am!

Well, at least the Flyers are playing well, but our luck, Biron will blow his knees out trying to tie his skates.

I will leave this rant with a final thought.....

Those of you Eagles fans who keep saying, "I don't care about the rest of the season, as long as we beat Dallas.." keep dreaming! My guess is that the T.O. that played for us, the one who showed McNabb just exactly how good he can be....will be showing Romo sits to pee exactly how good he WILL be at our expense. So change "Dallas" and insert, "Miami" because at this point, even the Dolphins look like they could give us a run for our money.

P.S.....did I mention that I'm embrassed and that this team sucks?

N5

Wish I could sympathize #5. While you're a good guy, I certainly don't feel sorry for you.

You've experienced not even a 1/2 a season of dissapointment. When your team goes 16 years with only 2 playoff appearances, come talk to us. :)

Nope. Still wouldn't feel sorry for him. **** the Eagles. :eaglesuck

You've experienced not even a 1/2 a season of dissapointment. When your team goes 16 years with only 2 playoff appearances, come talk to us. :)

Good point....then again, I have been an Eagles fan for life. So you guys might not have had a lot of success, but you have 3 SB trophies and our case is as empty as Mother Hubbard's cubbard!

And that's what matters the most right? The Eagles remind me of the High School tease...you can do whatever you want with her, but your never going to get past 3rd base and dammit, the people in the city deserve to get some nookie!!!!

On my way to work, I saw a guy walk up to someone's car and yank his/her Eagles flag off and throw it in the street. Funny thing was that the man who owned the car came right out after the guy did it, and gave him a HELL YEAH hi five and then stomped on the flag...in the middle of the street!

On my way to work, I saw a guy walk up to someone's car and yank his/her Eagles flag off and throw it in the street. Funny thing was that the man who owned the car came right out after the guy did it, and gave him a HELL YEAH hi five and then stomped on the flag...in the middle of the street!

okay that is pretty effing funny :laugh:

The end of this team started when T.O. lost his mind and got himself kicked off the team. He showed the world the truth....which was that players knew that he could make a difference! This team was no longer McNabb's, but they were in fact a team. No wonder 1/2 the defence wanted him to stay, they knew that with Owens, at least they would have a chance to rest instead of having to spend almost 40 minutes a game on the field. The loss of Owens showed that it was in fact it was T.O. who made McNabb an elite QB. Think about it, McNabb was always considered a star, but with Owens, he became a superstar....and he hasn't been the same since.

Honestly? When TO signed with us last year, I was against it, completely. And to this day, I'm still against it. However-if he wasn't in the lineup, I have to agree, our O would be struggling(I love Romo sits to pee, but with Glenn out and Witten being double covered, there would be noone for him to throw to). Yeah-Patrick Crayton is no slouch, but without him, he wouldn't be open so much.

So yeah-I wouldn't have done it, but if I were in the Jones' shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

As much as I LOVE seeing the Eagles lose they were 5-6 last year and made a run. Im not counting them out. This season is still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to early to eliminate someone. The biggest problem is they play the Pats still, Dallas twice, us once @ FEDEX & the Giants again. That group right there will probably acount for 3 more L's...its an uphill climb but the seasons far from over.

I was so disgusted with the game that I poured all of the liquor in the house out and decided that I will only drink water during Eagles game for the rest of the season. And trust me, I enough Vodka, VO, EJ, Cognac, etc. to get everyone in this forum drunk for at least two days!

Thanks for being real here, N5. You're the man. I was at the bar and it was a ****ing shame.

Lil bro, for weeks, I have been reading your threads and watched you get closer and closer to the brink...then I read you and WB talking with tr1 about the game last night....and I lost it. You two are troopers....so in essence, this whole thread summarizes how we all feel.....even if I haven't admitted it until now.

:cheers:

Let's go FLYERS!

Lil bro, for weeks, I have been reading your threads and watched you get closer and closer to the brink...then I read you and WB talking with tr1 about the game last night....and I lost it. You two are troopers....so in essence, this whole thread summarizes how we all feel.....even if I haven't admitted it until now.

:cheers:

Let's go FLYERS!

Dude I love you guys for real. WB is the man and he's got a lot more endurance than I do for the Iggles. I'll go to every game and watch it but I don't expect as much as he does.

I can't take it. I'm 22 years old and I already hate the bull**** we get put through.

Dude I love you guys for real. WB is the man and he's got a lot more endurance than I do for the Iggles. I'll go to every game and watch it but I don't expect as much as he does.

I can't take it. I'm 22 years old and I already hate the bull**** we get put through.

Well, at 31....I have experienced the following....

5 - The Fog Bowl. Not many people remember that the Eagles had 3 chances to win the game out right in the 1st Qtr. Keith Jackson let a wide open TD bounce off his face, Mike Quick had a TD but his second foot was on the line, and Cris Carter was pushed out of bounds and then came back in.

4 - The "Replay" Game - 1990, NFC Wild Card. Ernest Byner fumbles at the 6 yard line and Ben Smith returns it for a tide changing TD. Only problem, it was reviewed by the officials and it clearly showed that he was down. Skins win 20 - 6.

3 - Randal's last game as a Bird! - 1995 Divisional Game at Dallas. The teams were actually evenly matched, until Rodney Peete gets knocked out and Cunningham comes in. What's the big deal? He spent all week with his wife who was expecting their first child. He didn't even know the gameplan and it showed.

2 - Pick an NFC Title game.....Rams, Bucs, Panthers, all were games they shoudl have won, but lost. More impressively, they found new ways to loss each game that never been seen in the city before.

1 - Sneaker Gate! 1989 Wild Card game against the Rams. The defense had switched to Black cleats, while the offense wore white. Cunningham wore one white sneaker and one black sneaker. Didn't make a difference as they got smacked harder than I had ever seen them get smacked (until Emmitt ran for 221 a few years later). Oh well, the Rams went on and gave the 49ers a run for their money, until the game started!

Trust me, you have more heartbreaks to come!

Well, at 31....I have experienced the following....

5 - The Fog Bowl. Not many people remember that the Eagles had 3 chances to win the game out right in the 1st Qtr. Keith Jackson let a wide open TD bounce off his face, Mike Quick had a TD but his second foot was on the line, and Cris Carter was pushed out of bounds and then came back in.

4 - The "Replay" Game - 1990, NFC Wild Card. Ernest Byner fumbles at the 6 yard line and Ben Smith returns it for a tide changing TD. Only problem, it was reviewed by the officials and it clearly showed that he was down. Skins win 20 - 6.

3 - Randal's last game as a Bird! - 1995 Divisional Game at Dallas. The teams were actually evenly matched, until Rodney Peete gets knocked out and Cunningham comes in. What's the big deal? He spent all week with his wife who was expecting their first child. He didn't even know the gameplan and it showed.

2 - Pick an NFC Title game.....Rams, Bucs, Panthers, all were games they shoudl have won, but lost. More impressively, they found new ways to loss each game that never been seen in the city before.

1 - Sneaker Gate! 1989 Wild Card game against the Rams. The defense had switched to Black cleats, while the offense wore white. Cunningham wore one white sneaker and one black sneaker. Didn't make a difference as they got smacked harder than I had ever seen them get smacked (until Emmitt ran for 221 a few years later). Oh well, the Rams went on and gave the 49ers a run for their money, until the game started!

Trust me, you have more heartbreaks to come!

Ugh. I can't wait. :(

Archived