Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some telling and Startling comments from Portis

skinsn24

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/18/AR2007101802224.html

Clinton talks about how not practicing at all in training camp did not allow him to get into football shape.

He then makes a reference which seems like his future with the team might be in question.

I always thought not being part of training camp was a big deal, i dont mean playing in games, but actually practicing is important. it seems CP realizes this now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/18/AR2007101802224.html

Clinton talks about how not practicing at all in training camp did not allow him to get into football shape.

He then makes a reference which seems like that certain people dont want him here.

I always thought not being part of training camp was a big deal, i dont mean playing in games, but actually practicing is important. it seems CP realizes this now.

You love stiring up the pot don't you ;)

In regards to this, its clear that CP realizes that if the team doesn't produce this year, it could be blown up and look very different next year

Which wouldn't surprise me

This was actually in the statements from yesterday, in the sticky at the top of the page. He didn't do a lot of the earlier stuff to allow himself to keep healing.. said he still doesn't wanna play pre-season games but hopes to be able to do the training camps.. and wants to stay a skin

You love stiring up the pot don't you ;)

In regards to this, its clear that CP realizes that if the team doesn't produce this year, it could be blown up and look very different next year

Which wouldn't surprise me

Not really, the majority of my last posts have been pretty postive and ive stayed away after the losses as they are horrible, but when i saw portis say he wasnt in football shape, i was like, yea of course not, time to post on ES as there were prob 1000 threads on this during the preseason.:)

Um, no he doesn't. His statement is very generic, and could have been mentioned for a wide variety of reasons. Not sure how you came away thinking "certain people" don't want Portis to remain on the squad.

I have no idea who the certain people are. Look at what he said and what i wrote. If 100% of the people wanted him here or if he beleived that 100% of the people wanted him here he wouldnt have said that.

Hell it could be him but he said he wants to remain a skin so i ruled that out.

Dont put words in my mouth i dont know who the people are but something inside clintons head must have triggered that statement.

I dont think AP is about to say "if i am still here next year" when talking about himself and the vikings.:2cents:

Edit: I did change the wording in the OP for the readers with comprehension problems.

It's just like any other team really. If the team doesn't win, the star player and/or the coach could take the blame for it. CP just knows that if we don't win this year, he could be one of the names shown the door. I think he's just being realistic, and it's not as telling as it seems. At the same time, he seems pretty genuine about wanting to be a Redskin for life. I think he's going to start hitting his stride now that he's had some games under his belt. I expect to see a different CP against the Cards.

How is this startling?

He knows he's gone if he doesn't perform, just like anyone else.

It may not be startling to you, but to me it is. I love portis and he is one of my favorite skins, the fact that we are 3-2 and only 5 weeks into the season and there is talk of him not being here startled me a little.

I have no idea who the certain people are. Look at what he said and what i wrote. If 100% of the people wanted him here or if he beleived that 100% of the people wanted him here he wouldnt have said that.

Dont put words in my mouth i dont know who the people are but something inside clintons head must have triggered that statement.

I dont think AP is about to say "if i am still here next year" when talking about himself and the vikings.:2cents:

Edit: I did change the wording in the OP for the readers with comprehension problems.

And, as I pointed out, in the sticky at the top of the page by TK, in the presser with Clinton, he explained that as if the team did not produce and he didn't show his value, he doesn't know if they'll want to keep him. That is the reality of football and he realizes this.

???...What words did I put in your mouth?

And as I said, it could be a WIDE variety of things that "triggered that statement".

It's just like any other team really. If the team doesn't win, the star player and/or the coach could take the blame for it. CP just knows that if we don't win this year, he could be one of the names shown the door. I think he's just being realistic, and it's not as telling as it seems. At the same time, he seems pretty genuine about wanting to be a Redskin for life. I think he's going to start hitting his stride now that he's had some games under his belt. I expect to see a different CP against the Cards.

I like this post and feel the same, i have already stated in this thread that portis is one of my favorite players but i also beleive he is no longer a 25 carry type of guy. I dont know if he can carry the load as a feature back anymore, so i guess the comments are not as startling as i thought they were.

But i would argue that CP thinks he is still a feature back and i hope to god he is correct.

It may not be startling to you, but to me it is. I love portis and he is one of my favorite skins, the fact that we are 3-2 and only 5 weeks into the season and there is talk of him not being here startled me a little.

You're the one starting the talk lol :laugh:...Portis said the same things before the season even started, in case you forgot. We all treated it as a generic statement possibly more related to his performance than anything having to do with his perception of how the coaches and players see him.

It doesn't seem to "startle" anyone but you, apparently.

And, as I pointed out, in the sticky at the top of the page by TK, in the presser with Clinton, he explained that as if the team did not produce and he didn't show his value, he doesn't know if they'll want to keep him. That is the reality of football and he realizes this.

This is true and i actually agree. I have said before that i dont think he is a feature back anymore but i hope i am wrong.

If he doesnt play like a feature back, i guess it makes sense that he wont be here being paid as a feature back, but i gotta think portis still thinks he is a feature back, lets just pray he is.

You're the one starting the talk lol :laugh:...Portis said the same things before the season even started, in case you forgot. We all treated it as a generic statement possibly more related to his performance than anything having to do with his perception of how the coaches and players see him.

It doesn't seem to "startle" anyone but you, apparently.

Alright maybe you dont understand something.

A player discussing his non future with his current team is not a good thing, especailly during the season, especially during the beginning of the season, especially with the team winning.

It surprises me when a star player in week 5 talks about possibly not being on the team next yea. .If it was after the season or after elimination from contention, then yea, that is normal talk. At this point it time, it shouldnt be mentioned. If we want to beleive there is good chemistry on the team, then these type of statements simply should not even begin to creep up.

Archived