Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some telling and Startling comments from Portis

skinsn24

Well CP does speak the truth but I honestly don't think his quotes would apply to him. Yeah I understand that he may think that, but I don't think they do. He is right. There are some players that I worry about losing. Sean Taylor is one. Not because of his talent but because sometimes his passion can get the best of him. If ARE continues to shine, then it's possible that Moss could be let go. If this season finishes with less than 9 wins, we should expect major changes. No position is safe except QB. :helmet:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/18/AR2007101802224.html

Clinton talks about how not practicing at all in training camp did not allow him to get into football shape.

He then makes a reference which seems like his future with the team might be in question.

I always thought not being part of training camp was a big deal, i dont mean playing in games, but actually practicing is important. it seems CP realizes this now.

He said he was 100% right before the regular season started, now he is changing his tune because is an average running back, at best after the injuries. He has never liked playing in the preseason and never likes to practice, he is special, and should not be asked to practice even though 52 other guys do. I hope his butt does leave after this season, he is a distraction to this TEAM!

Well CP does speak the truth but I honestly don't think his quotes would apply to him. Yeah I understand that he may think that, but I don't think they do. He is right. There are some players that I worry about losing. Sean Taylor is one. Not because of his talent but because sometimes his passion can get the best of him. If ARE continues to shine, then it's possible that Moss could be let go. If this season finishes with less than 9 wins, we should expect major changes. No position is safe except QB. :helmet:

Dude sean taylor is not going to be cut or traded.

He said he was 100% right before the regular season started, now he is changing his tune because is an average running back, at best after the injuries. He has never liked playing in the preseason and never likes to practice, he is special, and should not be asked to practice even though 52 other guys do. I hope his butt does leave after this season, he is a distraction to this TEAM!

Are you being serious???

The guy is a freaking beast. Because he has one bad season and has started this season not up to his standards he's gone? Give me a break. Talk about getting rid of him after this season.

Portis made it obvious he knows that he's not performing to his standards and that if this continues, he doesn't deserve the contract he's getting. Period. Don't turn on the guy who sacrificed so much for this team before he's gone.

Portis isn't big enough for the smash-mouth running game. He's more of a finesse & speed RB. They should trade Portis at the end of the season. It sounds like he has chronic knee problems now. I don't know if Gibbs will have the balls to though, since he didn't cut Brunell 2 offseasons ago. RBs are a dime a dozen. You want to get players in their prime and trade away the players on the decline. And Portis is on the decline.

Portis isn't big enough for the smash-mouth running game. He's more of a finesse & speed RB. They should trade Portis at the end of the season. It sounds like he has chronic knee problems now. I don't know if Gibbs will have the balls to though, since he didn't cut Brunell 2 offseasons ago. RBs are a dime a dozen. You want to get players in their prime and trade away the players on the decline. And Portis is on the decline.

Why in the world would anyone trade for a running back with a 9 million dollar cap hit and injury concerns. :rolleyes:

It is off topic to debate this here but no you are not looking at it correctly.

Saying the skins D got better without bailey is fine and saying that both teams benefited is fine, but that does not go to the point of the actual value of the trade.

The value cleary went with the broncos. The trade worked out well for both teams, this i agree with, but we got owned in value, every gm would tell you that.

We had all the levarge, Bailey was franchised, you can say that means he isnt worth 2 first rounders, but for him to leave via FA that is what it would take. He wouldnt sit out because that solves nothing.

When it comes down to it the real mistake was giving lavar the contract instead of bailey, plain and simple.

:applause:

A shutdown corner is more valuable than a 1000 yard back hands down.

At least if it was a straight up trade, but to give a shutdown corner AND a second round pick? We got owned.

His knee was messed up, it should be obvious to anyone watching him come off the field. He missed camp because his knee was messed up.

Missing camp hurt him, he missed camp because he was injured..

CP, or any other "stud" RB in the NFL who should average 20 carries a game, in my opinion, should not participate in preseason games in anyway more than 1 or 2 plays, if that.

---

Do people ever get sick of talking about saving CB from walking by getting something for him?

Our FO stunk, it has recently been doing better, why keep rehashing? Maybe everyone needs to get their :2cents: in but seriously... could we at least keep it in the last year or two? unbelievable...

Yeah, a lot of what #26 has done has more to do with our tendencies. Again everybody in the league knows what and how we're doing business when it comes to our running game. And what we're doing is running to the left that fumble in Greenbay had something to do with that. The league knows we like to run to the left. Green bay knew it and they went in half time made an adjustment and they crushed him. That was a bone jarring hit. I mean they hit him like a sled. They kind of tee'd off on him. Go back and look at the film and tell met they weren't anticpating another run to the left side.

The first hit was earth shattering, but not one more but two more kind of cleaned him up. I mean that's rough for anyone to take, and #26 is a super tough back. I mean he'll strait run you in the ground. But you have to look at the angle, look at #26s momentum which wasn't much and just look at that play. That's tough for anyone. We've also had some misfortune on the line and besides we never really had some meat graters or road graters in the first place.

You put a Larry Johnson or LT Back there and it wouldn't be much different. #26s recent production is know where near all his fault and he can still get my $5k a year for season tickets easy, SEC 12, Row 3, Seat 3. No I'm not sitting there right now my family is. But I wouldn't just jump and say #26 is ate up. When you're flamboyant some people won't like you and some will, he knows that we know that. But #46 is not taking us to the SB. It's nothing wrong with being flamboyant that's who #26 is. #26 is #26 and I love him!

What I think we have is a systemic issue on how we run the ball and who we have up front. IMO. We don't even have an identity? Okay what is it? To the left, to the left? Everygame we have break downs on the OL, a penalty or our so called ALL-Pro tackle gets beat and the other side isn't as solid, either. Who on the OL is going to strait knock someone off the ball? It's not like we have a consistent surge. Hell go back and look. So be lucky that#26 is here and hope he stays. To the left, to the left.

Not a big Portis fan. He is ok when super healthy. It just seems he never makes it through an entire game in 100% shape unlike Betts. I prefer Betts as our primary runner with Sellers hurting people about 10 carries a game.

Yeah Betts sure has been tearing up stuff.... talk about an off injured guy sheesh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/18/AR2007101802224.html

Clinton talks about how not practicing at all in training camp did not allow him to get into football shape.

He then makes a reference which seems like his future with the team might be in question.

I always thought not being part of training camp was a big deal, i dont mean playing in games, but actually practicing is important. it seems CP realizes this now.

I heard some of this and thought he was whinning a little too much about next year. I guess its pretty obvious to him as well that theres a good chance he may not be here?

Archived