Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Petey King we know and love is back

bubba9497

The Packers won.

Wade was getting manhandled all day. Whatever your excuses, Kaupman caused a lot of disruption.

Dominating the game does little good if you don't win it.

Winning is the ultimate domination.

Stop making excuses. Green bay took advantage of the opportunities we gave them, and won. We were not able to do the same.

Losing is not an excuse for crappy journalism. It's pretty obvious from King's one-sided comments that he didn't catch much, if any, of the game. We let the game slip out of our hands, then say so. Bubba brought up very good points, which is why none of you who disagree are addressing them, other than Kampan who took advantage of an injury-depleted O-line.

Good points for sure, Bubba. And it doesn't take homerism to point out details that P. King obviously overlooked in his article. As the saying goes, it's all in the details, which Mr. King appears to have forgotten. This isn't about excuses, but at least expecting some fair coverage of the loss.

Let me know the next time we have a defensive lineman who abuses an O-lineman like that for an afternoon.

Did you even watch Last week's game, where Andre Carter was abusing the Lion's left tackle all day? Also, we did get decent pressure, at times, on Favre during yesterday's game, and that was just with a four man rush.

Whether you like it or not, Franks was pushed out the endzone by Smoot,the holding call was ticky-tacky, and you and Bubba will always try to deflect the criticism this team so rightly deserves.

You appear to be missing the point. No one are disputing the touchdown, as an example, but if you are going to mention the touchdown then it *is* worth mentioning the "ticky-tacky" calls against the Redskins which were potential game changers as well. Those calls DID affect the 'Skins game, whether you like it or not, and they are worth a mention.

Just mindboggling Dicktator, point out one thing that bubba said that was not true? Just one. You are obviously flogging your agenda with no regard to reality.

As usual, if King wanted to beat us up he had plenty of legitimate points to make. Yesterday's game reeked in a lot of ways but why'd he feel the need to "spin" it that way? I think we all know the answer.

Bubba - just stop. We gave the game away; we deserve all the bashing we get. And he's 100% right on most of his points.

exactly WE GAVE THE GAME AWAY.. a point I am not disputing in the least

I didn't say he wasn't right, I said he gave a bias and incomplete account of what happened, and didn't tell the whole story, the Pete we all know from years past

Oh, and Kampman killed us. I don't know how you can say that Heyer "controlled him" with a straight face, or that he was a nonfactor until our injuries.

because he wasn't he had a couple of big pushes on Wade in the second quarter but, we found out that was because of Wade having a groin, and had to go out

he didn't have a a big push or sack again until late, 2 of the Packs three sacks came on the final drive... when we where trying to run the two minute drill, and after Wade, Rabach and Heyer all had to leave the game, and we had to put an injured Wade back in because we had no one else active

and Wade and Fabini are backups, Thomas and Jansen are the starters if not for injury

Just mindboggling Dicktator, (How original :rolleyes: ) point out one thing that bubba said that was not true? Just one. You are obviously flogging your agenda with no regard to reality.

As usual, if King wanted to beat us up he had plenty of legitimate points to make. Yesterday's game reeked in a lot of ways but why'd he feel the need to "spin" it that way? I think we all know the answer.

Because Bubba isn't wrong per se. He's just filled with excuses and complaints.

*PK addressed Rogers poor tackle on Lee. Bubba's response "It was the only big play our D gave up all game". BFD. Seriously. That's just an excuse by bubba to make himself feel better about the outcome. It doesn't make king wrong that Rogers f'ed up. It's just an excuse and deflection from the actual point PK made.

And my signature has what exactly to do with this conversation?

McMetal, I think you seriously need to stop riding Bubba's coat tails and your non-stop desire to hate the media.

Yes. It is easy to do the job King does. It's even easier to try to tear it apart when you are trying to make excuses for the piss poor job this team did yesterday.

Whether you like it or not. Kampman did his job. His was chasing campbell for the better part of the day. Let me know the next time we have a defensive lineman who abuses an O-lineman like that for an afternoon.

Whether you like it or not, Franks was pushed out the endzone by Smoot,the holding call was ticky-tacky, and you and Bubba will always try to deflect the criticism this team so rightly deserves.

How about the week before, Andre Carter. Buba is a homer, but he is right, because King was biased in his writing. He failed to mention the advantages the Packers got especially with that BS PI on Trash and the Int that both negated big gains and killed scoring chances for the Skins. Maybe you need to get off King's coat tails, and quit acting like an angry fan and look at the situation objectively.

Yeah I know but it's not like I can refer to you as %$^@# stupid MFer-tator here, so I won't. And I never will :laugh:

How are any of the points bubba made excuses? Did you even watch the game? Because your spew seriously makes me doubt it. The Pack's stats were greatly enhanced on the final drive. Favre had an atrocious day because our D made it that way. The offensive line is holding a casting call for anything big enough to stand in the way (including sumo wrestlers and Godzilla) because the well is dry. The officiating outright sucked a helluva lot more than the few examples the Peteyboy cherrypicked. GB's D was made to look far better than they played by the fact that our WRs dropped a :pooh:load of passes, something that would have greatly improved JC's numbers for the game. etc., etc., and so on...

But no, none of that matters, none of it has any relevance becuse YOU get to climb on a soapbox here and have your little cybertantrum and make snotty remarks, THAT'S the important thing! :thumbsup:

Because Bubba isn't wrong per se. He's just filled with excuses and complaints.

*PK addressed Rogers poor tackle on Lee. Bubba's response "It was the only big play our D gave up all game". BFD. Seriously. That's just an excuse by bubba to make himself feel better about the outcome. It doesn't make king wrong that Rogers f'ed up. It's just an excuse and deflection from the actual point PK made.

A lot of us agree with Bubba - in your attempt to sound like an "anti-homer," you sound exactly like a fan of the opposite team. We have all heard other team fans that say this exact type of stuff when we point out those game affecting plays or penalties which affect OUR team.

"You're just making excuses."

No, this has nothing to do about excuses, once again, but pointing out the details that affect the Redskins as well. If you don't like the fact that the Redskins weren't simply beaten like a drum, and you don't like the fact that some of us are pointing out this fact, then I don't know what to tell you.

Seriously...who cares....we lost, thats what bothers me, not what this big jabroni writes in his columns. He's not lying in any of his statments.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Did you seriously just call him a "jabroni"???? OMFG! I haven't heard that word since like 6th grade when everyone watched the WWF, WWE, etc! Hilarious!

All right. The holding call was a very legitimate call if you watch the replay. Favre pump fakes and steps up in the pocket. Daniels tries to break from his lineman and grab Favre who is a step away. You can see that Daniels can't break away because the OL is pulling his jersey. It prevented Daniels from making the play. It was a hold.

The push out call is up to the refs and yes, I thought he was pushed out.

But the refs did blow the simultaneous reception. He immediately signaled Green Bay ball and it was not. They both caught the ball and went to the ground with it. The facemask was a third down play and on the replay you can see it clearly. You can also see the ref shaking his head no (the same ref that blew the simultaneous call, mind you)

Kampman was disruptive all game long. I don't know what game some of you were watching. But we blew that game for most of the same reasons we have lost games in the Gibbs 2 era. Clock Management, poor decisioning (imo) in the coaching department, and mental lapses.

There was also a missed face mask on a redskin running play that would've resulted in a critical third-down conversion...forget when it happened but it was either late 3rd quarter or early 4th. I remember seeing Gibbs motion to the refs about it...of course to no avail.

If we could see that on TV, how the heck didn't the refs see it. The sideline ref was right there with a perfect view of the play and didn't even attempt to pull his flag out. We got jerked by the refs to say the least, but we still should have won that game.

But the refs did blow the simultaneous reception. He immediately signaled Green Bay ball and it was not. They both caught the ball and went to the ground with it.

Was that reviewable? I guess the stupid ref never watches baseball.

The facemask was a third down play and on the replay you can see it clearly. You can also see the ref shaking his head no (the same ref that blew the simultaneous call, mind you)

It was the 5 yard penalty type... 1st down.

And you are without bias? give me a break. everything he wrote was spot on. Kampman owned the OL he was matched up against. Rogers stunk. He mentioned the Skins put a beating on Favre.

All you have to say is "but but but but". Give it a rest Bubba.

I think Bubba's point is that Journalists express their bias and judgement in not so much what they DO say, but in what they DON'T say. Had Petey the King gone on to make the points that Bubba made, in addition to the ones he already had, the column would have been well-rounded, informative, and impartial. Instead, he didn't, and it wasn't.

I honestly don't think King bashed the Skins at all in MMQB

He still has us ranked 12 in his power 15, and he gave our defense major props. Just because he criticizes two calls the refs made, as well as complimenting a guy that had 8 tackles and 2 sacks against us does not make him a clueless mediot like some are suggesting.

I never really have gotten the point of hating on the media when they criticize us after a loss (as we have seen, with winning comes respect and recognition), but eh.

If we win big next week, King will be throwing us praises again

Bubba's right on with this ... there is no excuse for losing. Our record is 3-2. But that was shotty journalism at best, he chose to only mention plays and officiating calls that affected the packers negatively.

This insinuates that we were lucky to be in the game, and that the packer were dominating us.

Archived