Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Petey King we know and love is back

bubba9497

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/14/mmqb/2.html

Green Bay DE Aaron Kampman. If you saw this game, you saw Kampman disrupting the pocket like some lighter version of Reggie White -- eight tackles, two sacks, five or six times chasing Jason Campbell for his life. His best game of the year.

Petey forgets to mention that Kampman was a non factor until the Skins lost 3 OL.. and were already starting 2 backups to begin with

Goats of the Week

Referee Terry McAulay's crew at Green Bay-Washington, for an overall poor job and costing the Packers two legitimate touchdowns. First, there was a pathetic holding call on right tackle Mark Tauscher, negating one Favre touchdown pass; there was nothing close to a hold on the play. Last year, the officials were told not to call offensive holding unless it was something an official actually saw. Well, there's no way an official saw holding on Tauscher. Never happened. Then, a second Packers TD throw was negated when Bubba Franks cleanly caught a pass in the corner of the end zone with one foot down before getting driven out of the end zone by Washington cornerback Fred Smoot. Incomplete. Insane.

Pete what about the off setting PI penalties that was a joke... when Thrash was fighting for his life to get free, that cost us a 40 yard pass play deep into Packer territory, Or the dual possession catch that went to the DEFENSE, despite the rule saying the offense gets the ball, again on a real nice long drive that the Skins were in FG territory at the time, or the missed defensive offsides by GB on third down late in the game... I know they didn't matter to Brett Favre, so no biggie

His MVP Watch

3. Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay. "It's been a long time since I got beat up like that in a game,'' said Favre Sunday. He emerged from the game against the 'Skins with a bum ankle and knee. But don't worry. The streak will not die

What about he also came out of the game with a 43 QBR for the day, two int.s no TD, 2/5 of his passing yards came on one play, and he should have had at least two more if not 4 more ints.

d. Aaron Kampman clinic-blocked Washington right tackle Todd Wade all day in Green Bay.

Uh Pete Wade had a groin injury limiting his ability..and went out in the second quarter, and an undrafted free agent rookie, controled Kampman the rest of the way until he got hurt

g. Cris Collinsworth said it Sunday and I couldn't agree more: Packer cornerback Al Harris doesn't get enough credit for being an excellent all-around cornerback, and he's playing with about four injuries right now.

He looked awesome each time the wide open Skins reciever dropped the ball, in front of him

7. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 6:

a. What on God's green earth was that non-tackle bump you had on Packer tight end Donald Lee, Carlos Rogers? Your failed tackle allowed Lee to gain 42 more yards and set up an easy DeShawn Wynn rushing touchdown to put the Pack up early. Wait until you see that one on tape today, Carlos. You'll be hanging your head in shame.

Can't argue about this one, but Pete it was the ONLY big play on offense the Skins D allowed all game, and Rogers had a very good game the rest of the way

If you only read Pete's high lights you would think the Packers dominated this game, instead of only having one big play the whole game on offense that really affected their score... instead of the fact the Skins dominated everything except the score, and if not for many dropped passes, and two fumbles would have won this game... not to mention all the OL injuries that would meant doom to most teams

he's not 100% back :laugh:

12. Washington (3-2). The D has given up five touchdowns in five games. "That's as good a defense as we've seen this year,'' Favre said.

f. Chris Cooley is a quarterback's best friend -- great hands, excellent and selfless blocker.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/14/mmqb/2.html

Goats of the Week

Referee Terry McAulay's crew at Green Bay-Washington, for an overall poor job and costing the Packers two legitimate touchdowns. First, there was a pathetic holding call on right tackle Mark Tauscher, negating one Favre touchdown pass; there was nothing close to a hold on the play. Last year, the officials were told not to call offensive holding unless it was something an official actually saw. Well, there's no way an official saw holding on Tauscher. Never happened. Then, a second Packers TD throw was negated when Bubba Franks cleanly caught a pass in the corner of the end zone with one foot down before getting driven out of the end zone by Washington cornerback Fred Smoot. Incomplete. Insane.

Pete what about the off setting PI penalties that was a joke... when Thrash was fighting for his life to get free, that cost us a 40 yard pass play deep into Packer territory, Or the dual possession catch that went to the DEFENSE, despite the rule saying the offense gets the ball, again on a real nice long drive that the Skins were in FG territory at the time, or the missed defensive offsides by GB on third down late in the game... I know they didn't matter to Brett Favre, so no biggie

There was also a missed face mask on a redskin running play that would've resulted in a critical third-down conversion...forget when it happened but it was either late 3rd quarter or early 4th. I remember seeing Gibbs motion to the refs about it...of course to no avail.

There was also a missed face mask on a redskin running play that would've resulted in a critical third-down conversion...forget when it happened but it was either late 3rd quarter or early 4th. I remember seeing Gibbs motion to the refs about it...of course to no avail.

it was on Portis, but off hand I don't remember what play, but I think it was on a third down play

The refs stunk was the point, but they stunk on both sides of the ball, not just on the Packers

:rolleyes: who's making excuses

just pointing out Kings bias view of the game

And you are without bias? give me a break. everything he wrote was spot on. Kampman owned the OL he was matched up against. Rogers stunk. He mentioned the Skins put a beating on Favre.

All you have to say is "but but but but". Give it a rest Bubba.

Guest sith lord
The officals also missed a bunch of facemask penalities.

Yeah, and they took a TD from the Packers when it was obvious that their WR was forced out.

g. Cris Collinsworth said it Sunday and I couldn't agree more: Packer cornerback Al Harris doesn't get enough credit for being an excellent all-around cornerback, and he's playing with about four injuries right now.

He looked awesome each time the wide open Skins reciever dropped the ball, in front of him

I guess Collinsworth forgot that Al Harris did get beat on a couple of double moves by Santana, if only Santana caught the ball. Sorry Chris, Harris bites a lot on the double move.

I have a question about the 'experts". Which game does they actually watch? They're experts on all things NFL but they can't watch every game because they're all on at the same time.

How could Peter King, with any knowledge of the situation, comment on officiating in this game. And how, with any knowledge of the situation, not comment on penalties that didn't go the Redskins way.

Oh and by the way, both holding penalties were legitimate. You could clearly see the jerseys being pulled as the defenders were separating from the linemen. They weren't even close calls.

And you are without bias? give me a break. everything he wrote was spot on. Kampman owned the OL he was matched up against. Rogers stunk. He mentioned the Skins put a beating on Favre.

All you have to say is "but but but but". Give it a rest Bubba.

Without bias?

Your signature quote is from a raving Anti-Semite, and you are calling Bubba out for bias?

The point is, it's easy to throw around glib witticisms like King does, but thats a gross oversimplification of the facts.

Kampman got over on a back-up OL who was already injured coming into the game. Forgive me if I'm not overwhelmed...

Guest sith lord
To be fair, Peter King is probaly the only one giving JC major props in the media. He is clearly on JC bandwagon.

Actually, a lot of the media is giving him props.

Without bias?

Your signature quote is from a raving Anti-Semite, and you are calling Bubba out for bias?

The point is, it's easy to throw around glib witticisms like King does, but thats a gross oversimplification of the facts.

Kampman got over on a back-up OL who was already injured coming into the game. Forgive me if I'm not overwhelmed...

And my signature has what exactly to do with this conversation?

McMetal, I think you seriously need to stop riding Bubba's coat tails and your non-stop desire to hate the media.

Yes. It is easy to do the job King does. It's even easier to try to tear it apart when you are trying to make excuses for the piss poor job this team did yesterday.

Whether you like it or not. Kampman did his job. His was chasing campbell for the better part of the day. Let me know the next time we have a defensive lineman who abuses an O-lineman like that for an afternoon.

Whether you like it or not, Franks was pushed out the endzone by Smoot,the holding call was ticky-tacky, and you and Bubba will always try to deflect the criticism this team so rightly deserves.

We killed ourselves yesterday and deserve to take crap for it. Still, as a expert King should pay more attention to what actually happened.

We beat the Packers O down quite throughly. Sure, our D let up one bad play (two, really if you count the push-out that should have been), but they came right back and gave them hell from there out. I'm not sure Favre or anyone of the Packers O deserves much credit for the win.

As for the refs, they just SUCKED in general. The Pack got the worst calls, but we got our fair share of crap too. As a whole, the refs were a total failure.

Archived