Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thankyou, santana and carlos rogers

WeOwnTheMiddle21*30

I f not for Carlos Rogers the Redskins are 6-0 right now. He blew the game against the Giants and the game today. There are ten guys on this defense doing their jobs but he is losing games single handedly. This guy needs to turn it around ASAP or we need to replace him.

this has to be the gayest post ive ever seen lol

Some of you guys are funny as hell. Rogers has a good/great game in coverage, gets called for one 5 yard penalty, and you guys think he had a bad game. He wasn't able to tackle a guy 50 lbs. bigger than him in open space. And for that, he is a loser. The guy has had a solid season and yet you guys wont ****ting on him. Unbelievable.

Santana definitely lost this game for us, but I'd like to think it is a rarety. He's still the best WR we've got. I'm going to cut him slack for almost single-handedly beating Dallas and providing us with one of the greatest wins in Wash/Dallas history.

Yesterday was a joke. His play was beyond awful--it was embarrassingly bad. But I still love the guy and am hoping (praying) he gets it together for the rest of the season.

Rogers had some bad plays--and I was furious for him not making that tackle--but his play so far this season has been pretty good, actually. Carlos and the rest of the D did a fine job clamping down after that one TD. The problem with this team is not our D. The problem is dropped balls, bad clock management, and efficiency.

NOBODY should be blaming Carlos, or any other player on the defense for this loss. Blame Santana, blame Clinton, blame Gibbs, blame Campbell even, but don't blame a single defensive player.

Honestly, I am glad I am not the child of anyone on this board, because your expectations are absurd. So giving up a mere ten points to the #1 passing offense in the league and getting two turnovers isn't enough for you??? Holding the packers to only 225 total yards (less than 4 yards per play) keeping you awake at night??? A few minor mistakes and Carlos is trash, but (insert offensive or coaching name here) screws up today and people chalk it up to "a great athlete having a bad day." Does everyone need a shutout in order to stop calling for Carlos' job??? Sure he isn't a superstar, but he's a strong contributor in a defense allowing 12 points a game. Some people here are idiots.

People around here treat the redskins like a bad marriage. They refuse to address the real issues with this team (turnovers, coaching) so they find things completely fine, and complain about how awful it is. (CARLOS)

Rant over.

say what you want folks but santana hasnt been much lately and he basically gave the game away. As for rogers, he continues to get beaten and making us look bad, his high point against the lions, was in garbage time. Sick of the little mistakes, santana's head isnt even in the game anymore. Frustration sets it, Defense was GREAT as expected, campbell, great, portis good game but coughed up his weekley fumble. They say "one player wont win/loose a game", you all tell me.....
Rogers played great. we gave up 10 points...would you only be happy if we gave up 3? then would you truly believe rogers isn't garbage? one missed tackle and the guy is a bust? ridiculous. Sean Taylor intercepted Favre deep in our territory, and then we went three and out and punted..This punt put them closer to our territory than they had been all half and led to 3 points. I guess ST screwed the pooch too. You obviously don't understand "foosball"

Turnovers man. Turnovers. That's what should be mentioned here. And dropped passes and O-line injuries. Period.

I think Moss and Portis were sharing the same bucket of buttered popcorn on the sidelines. Lloyd had a chance to redeem on that deep ball and didn't make it either. He must've had some of that buttery popcorn as well.

I saw no problem with Rogers other than the penalty. The scheme they play lets the receiver go by and relies on the safety to cover deep. That's why Taylor kept being in position to make interceptions.

Turnovers man. Turnovers. That's what should be mentioned here. And dropped passes and O-line injuries. Period.

I think Moss and Portis were sharing the same bucket of buttered popcorn on the sidelines. Lloyd had a chance to redeem on that deep ball and didn't make it either. He must've had some of that buttery popcorn as well.

I saw no problem with Rogers other than the penalty. The scheme they play lets the receiver go by and relies on the safety to cover deep. That's why Taylor kept being in position to make interceptions.

very good post. I'm guessing you have watched football before.(not many here do)

I really do NOT understand all the hate rogers has had. The guy is usually a sure tackler, and the reason he misses a lot of INTs is he is focused on the receiver not the ball. Now sometimes he does seem to lack awareness of the ball which is why he's had PIs called on him, but the new rules on passes in the last few years has made the Dbacks job a lot harder than it was back in Darrell Green's hay day. Carlos was on target for 99% of the game, You can't fault him for that one missed tackle.

While I'm just as frustrated as everyone else on this board with Santana's drops, I can't believe everyone wants to throw the man under the bus so quickly. He has won some big games for us and energized the passing game since he got here and has done everything that's been asked of him. He also doesn't preen like Chad Johnson and T.O. do after every touchdown. Santana Moss has shown nothing but class on and off the field, and he needs and deserves our support during this difficult time.

I'm not saying throw Santana under the bus, but we have enough talent at WR we should be able to rotate him in and out till he gets through this slump of his. Once he does then he will have earned that spot back.

Uh, we do? Where? ARE, McCardell, and Thrash at #3? Sounds like 1991 all over again, right?

Carlos was on target for 99% of the game, You can't fault him for that one missed tackle.

How about the dropped INT that would've made us have the ability to stomach the missed tackle. It would've been an incredible play, for sure... It's a play he needed. Heck, it's a play that I NEEDED. I'm running out of patience with this guy. From the beginning, I have said that Carlos needs to make big plays and we'll forget all the negative plays. His lack of playmaking hurts the team and the frequency that he is in a position to make a play and doesn't has cost us more games than I can stomach. He had two decent games this year... He hasn't lived up to expectations, and he is hurting the team significantly.

Those who continue to defend this guy every week are starting to lose credibility with me. Many have said he is a good tackler, but why the heck couldn't he wrap up Lee? I don't care if Lee drags him 5-10 yards, you at least have to slow him down for others. The guy was a liability last year, and while he has improved this year, he still can't make plays that help this team in critical situations.

I don't know when this guy's contract year is, but he isn't inspiring me that we should keep him the way that Smoot and Pierce did when we let them walk.

it's hard to say santana lost the game for us, but you can say that he hasn't been much of a football player for us this year. He has a terrible case of the dropsies. All of the playmakers let us down today.
No, it is pretty easy to say Moss is the player who cost us the game. He caused two turn overs, one for a defensive TD that was the score that won the game. Five dropped passes??? Tell me, who else would you blame??? Even with CP's fumble, no points were put up by GB. Even with the O line troubles, Jason did enough to win the game if he had had help.

One thing I wonder about it the health of our recievers. Moss, Randle El, even Lloyd early on. Why do these guys keep getting hurt? I know it is football and people get hurt but I think the trainers need to do something different.

I'm not sure if they are over working them in the weight room, running drills or what but hamstrings and groins kind of come back to the training you are doing or not doing.

10 points. That's all I have to say to anyone making any argument dogging our defense. Carlos misses 1 tackle and gets a 5 yard penalty, and you'd think he got beat for 3 TDs around here. ST could have easily had 2 more INTs but dropped them, maybe we should cut him too. Show me ONE NFL cornerback that never gets any penalties called on him, never gets beat, and never misses a tackle.

Our offense was nailed with injuries on the o-line in the 2nd half giving JC NO time to throw the ball. That and some big time mistakes from our skill players put the nail in the coffin.

Santana Moss has made big plays in the past that helped us win games. Santana was awful this game and was one reason we lost.

Carlos Rogers doesn't negate his bad plays by making great plays. Carlos isn't special... At best he is average. I'm tired of seeing this guy fail to make plays that contribute to losing. He might be improved, but he is still our weakest link in the secondary.

How about the dropped INT that would've made us have the ability to stomach the missed tackle. It would've been an incredible play, for sure... It's a play he needed. Heck, it's a play that I NEEDED. I'm running out of patience with this guy. From the beginning, I have said that Carlos needs to make big plays and we'll forget all the negative plays. His lack of playmaking hurts the team and the frequency that he is in a position to make a play and doesn't has cost us more games than I can stomach. He had two decent games this year... He hasn't lived up to expectations, and he is hurting the team significantly.

Those who continue to defend this guy every week are starting to lose credibility with me. Many have said he is a good tackler, but why the heck couldn't he wrap up Lee? I don't care if Lee drags him 5-10 yards, you at least have to slow him down for others. The guy was a liability last year, and while he has improved this year, he still can't make plays that help this team in critical situations.

I don't know when this guy's contract year is, but he isn't inspiring me that we should keep him the way that Smoot and Pierce did when we let them walk.

And you are probably upset at lloyd for missing that overthrown ball too. That ball was a bad throw to begin with by Favre, and carlos got his hands on it while diving downward, even if he had gotten his hands around it he likely loses it when he hits the ground. Instead it gets tipped up in the air, and Springs/Taylor et all had a shot at it. I'd rather see that happen to be honest.

Secondly, I don't give one care about whether you like my credibility or not. Los tried to knock lee over but didn't exactly lose him when missing. Landry pushed him out of the way and prevented him from going for the legs on the second try. IT was a bad angle on a play that a SAFETY should have been in position to stop before Los got there. That play was NOT carlos fault, this ain't madden man. Smoot dropped an easy INT and taylor dropped two or three pick 6's during the game but you aren't down on him.

No player is going to be 100% in all situations, get that and maybe you'll begin to understand

Show me ONE NFL cornerback that never gets any penalties called on him, never gets beat, and never misses a tackle.

Show me one cornerback who relishes hearing this as his only defense? :)

You do realize that if Carlos Rogers makes that tackle, the Green Bay Packers end up with about 140 yards passing instead of 188? Carlos' lack of a tackle gave up 1/4th of the total passing yards. How our defense is playing, it's pretty uncertain that Green Bay scores from 50+ yards out without the aid of Carlos Rogers and his critical lapse (getting to be a weekly event with this guy). Even if Carlos Rogers took a 15 yard penalty and dragged the guy down by his face mask, they still would've had to have gone 30+ yards for a TD.

You also realize that Carlos Rogers got his hand on a ball that could've been an interception... Instead, he couldn't make the play (granted, it would've been a really great play) and the very next down Mason Crosby kicks a field goal that is the 3-point difference in the game.

All 10 defensive points, Carlos Rogers could've made a play that prevented them from scoring. Carlos' lack of play-making is hurting us. The guy was drafted in the 1st round (9th pick)... He needs to play like it.

Archived