Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thankyou, santana and carlos rogers

WeOwnTheMiddle21*30

say what you want folks but santana hasnt been much lately and he basically gave the game away. As for rogers, he continues to get beaten and making us look bad, his high point against the lions, was in garbage time. Sick of the little mistakes, santana's head isnt even in the game anymore. Frustration sets it, Defense was GREAT as expected, campbell, great, portis good game but coughed up his weekley fumble. They say "one player wont win/loose a game", you all tell me.....

I can be as pessimistic and cynical as most but, what do you want, perfection?

Are they not human? John Riggins lost a game or two with bad fumbles. Art Monk had a game against the Rams years ago, at home, where he couldn't catch a cold. Went down to the wire and Joe T (I think?) kept going back to him and on the last play of the game we could have won, Joe hits him perfect on a cross in the endzone and Art just flat out drops it. Game over.

The thing I don't like about Santana and CP is this taking themselves out of the game crap. If you're injured, don't suit up. If you're hurting, having a bad day, whatever, get the HELL back in their and keep trying to make a play.

That, I take issue with, not that they screw up sometimes.

=Smoot Point Really]Let's start at the top... I don't remember anyone saying Carlos had a bad game against Philly or Detroit. Heck, some over-rated his game against the Dolphins where he gave up two plays over 20 yards. I also don't hear anyone saying he has played poorly this year.

What is incredible to me is this unnatural infatuation some have with Carlos Rogers that any amount of criticism amounts to "hating". You said it yourself... He hasn't lived up to expectations (paraphrasing your statement above)... I don't take this as "hating" either. I agree with you...

:cheers: Sorry man. My total rant wasn't really directed at you per say, but when I saw my name mentioned, it kinda set me off, which is unlike me. There was alot of people in here (too many to quote) that always have something negative to say about Rogers no matter if he plays a good game like the Philly and Detroit games. The thing about CR is he had a good rookie year, then regressed. I think his game is getting better this year. We have to be just as patient with him as we have with JC.

I'm sure Carlos Rogers isn't using these excuses... Carlos should've stopped both plays... A veteran Darrell Green who has nothing to prove would've broken his own arm trying to make a tackle on a bigger player (and did).

He should have. But he didn't. Did you see Plex against the Jets? He owned Kevin Dyson on that long TD. Missed tackle. Plex and Lee are big guys. Not exactly easy to bring down. He (and the defense as a whole) were tired when Plex scored. Lee was left wide open and I don't think it was Rogers man to cover. He tried to slow him down but took a bad angle on the tackle. If it was Gonzalez, no one would probably say a word, but because it was an unknown TE, people assumed he would make the tackle. Comparisons to a HOFer is very unfair to Carlos. Green played a different game in a different time. He was owned by Michael Irvin several times because Irvin outweighed him by 50 pounds and had 6 inches on him. Green missed several tackles in his career.

The defense gave up 10 points, and Carlos could've made plays to prevent those 10 points. Why not point that out? Carlos Rogers hasn't done anything in nearly 2 and a half seasons to have earned the infallibility that these sycophants bestow.

Your statement there is what bothers me. "Carlos could've made plays to prevent those 10 points." He 1 of 11. The others have to do their part also. Rogers didn't give up 10 points. The defense did. Don't single him out. If you do, then you have to say Moss gave up 7.

Thanks for the unfortunate mental picture. Freud would have a field day. Was your mother named Carlos?

Not a very kind thing to say about my mom. This part was uncalled for.

Let's see... The offense stunk. However, the offense wasn't on the field when Carlos shouldered Lee... Dropped an interception that hit him in the hands (I don't hold this against Carlos, but I wish he would make plays like this)... Or missed the tackle on Burress...

Why defend Carlos by pointing out other aspects of the team that suck?

His hands need to get better, but we'll have to live with the drops until he learns to catch. I defend Carlos because there have been a million threads on why he stinks, why we wasted a pick and we should get rid of him. He's average in coverage, he's great in run support and he's never injured. Pretty good guy to have. Smoot is always huring his arm, shoulder etc. and Springs? Well we all know what we have in him. He's great when healthy.

Carlos has improved... However, he's been in a position to make plays that would help us win games and he has failed... Pointing that out isn't "hating". You agree with me that he hasn't lived up to expectations... I really don't see any difference in the things we are saying other than your "passion".

Other players have been in position to win the games also and failed (Jason, Betts, Portis, Moss) but no one ever singles them out. We shouldn't do the same. 45 men suit up. 45 men win or 45 men lose. Not just 1.

I believe every football player is paid to "win games"... You work within a team to win a game. Each player is put in a situation to win or lose a game. You know who is most consistent at helping win games? Probably Ethan Albright... Because he does his job. Other cornerbacks in this league tackle, cover, and create turnovers... Carlos is good at covering. This year, he has blown two tackles that have contributed to losses. He hasn't created enough turnovers in 4 years either. Other cornerbacks do... He does this, we forgive the bad plays. He doesn't do this, the bad plays are magnified

Pretty bad when our most consistant player is our long snapper :laugh: . I'll admit, Carlos should have had a ton of turnovers. But they didn't happen for one reason or another. The bright side is, even though he drops passes, that means the other team didn't complete them. I think it's unfair to compare CR to other CB's in the league. They play different schemes and are asked to do different things. Why hasn't Springs caught more than 5 INTs since he's been here? The excuse for everyone is they don't throw to his side, but Darrell Green had 54 career INT's for a man whom they didn't throw to.

Archived