Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Instead of 'NNT', how about "The Kiddie Pool"?

E-Dog Night

After reading a number of posts in the Stadium yesterday, it seemed clear that some people are just not able to conduct themselves with anything resembling decency. Most notable was the poster who replied in the congratulatory thread started by Tom [Giants Fan]:

"Giants suck ass go to hell"

Usually, I refer to the tenet (as stated in the forum rules) that "when there is a presumption to be given, it will be given to a Redskins fan". In this case, however, I think the deference should be given to Tom, as he has earned our respect over the years. Being ES member #119 means something, at least to me. So even if he is a Giants fan, he's always carried himself with class and aplomb (even when faced with a barrage of tantrums), which is certainly more than I can say for the 16 year-old poster -- Mr. suck ass got to hell guy -- who joined the board a month ago.

But it brought up a larger point, which is:

You can stop mental midgets from starting threads, but sadly, they can still post. But banning them altogether is probably too harsh. This isn't NaziSkins, after all. So if you can't behave like an adult, then perhaps there is a place where you can go to be amongst your breathern:

BI-POR60_BI-POR481.jpg

Here's how it might work

• Create a new room where anyone can post about anything
  • Basic rules still apply, as stated in the forum rules
  • The Stadium becomes a locked forum for those who refuse to act like grownups
  • Folks not banished to the kiddie pool can visit anytime they like, if they're feeling like visiting their inner child that day

Just a thought. I dunno. I kinda like it.

It's been often discussed.

Yeah, but I wanted to keep it football theme related & call it either 'Open Tryout' or 'The Practice Squad'. All new members would have to start there, instead of the Stadium & they'd have to show the Coaching (ES) Staff something in order to get called up & play in the big league. And if someone sucked enough, they'd get demoted back down into the the Practice Squad forum.

Yeah, but I wanted to keep it football theme related & call it either 'Open Tryout' or 'The Practice Squad'. All new members would have to start there, instead of the Stadium & they'd have to show the Coaching (ES) Staff something in order to get called up & play in the big league. And if someone sucked enough, they'd get demoted back down into the the Practice Squad forum.

Sounds like a lot of work. What's Snyder paying you guys, anyway? :)

That sounds like more of a maintenance headache than anything else, speaking from what I imagine a Mod's life on the board to be like. I picture you guys having like 10 different ES windows open, and hopping back and forth between them like a fireman in a burning building--putting out one fire at a time.

But overall, it sounds like a reasonable idea, given the abundance of thought-to-fingers-to-brain threads I see around.

And if people in the Practice Squad forum actually came up with really thoughtful and original threads, they could always be moved to the Stadium for main stream consumption.

In theory, it wouldn't be anymore work then us clicking on BAN or NNT or READ ONLY. Here, we'd just have to have a new option to click. Like NO STADIUM or whatever we were to call it.

But thanks for looking out for our workload guys. :)

And if people in the Practice Squad forum actually came up with really thoughtful and original threads, they could always be moved to the Stadium for main stream consumption.

Thanks for catching that. We'd kicked that around as well. :)

it seems to me that while it may really be a pain in the butt to have to read it, it isnt the end of the world. you have jackholes in real life, you have jackholes on the internet. there will always be internet tuff guys and that is just the fact of the world wide web. it seems like there is more stress coming from people about trying to get rid of them instead of just ignoring or clicking a ban.

i definitely dont really think there should be any "practice squad" on here. this is a public forum and there are far more people who have something positive to say then those who are just here to be idiots.

Thread titles are still the hardest to sort through. Everybody loves being clever with a thread that they think will make you bite. Like you can't see a preview before clicking in there.

"What ever happened to??????"

"Talk about a..........."

"You know what really pisses me off??????"

and that crap.

i understand the motivation but this is a football forum, we aren't solving world problems here. the threads don't have to be subjected to strict value judgments. Posting bogus stories or obviously redundant topics should be regulated; as they are. Otherwise, I assumed the board was for people to express their love or frustration with the redskins. Threads shouldn't have to meet an agenda to be valid.

Well, we said your first name, "The Killing Pool", didn't sound forum-friendly, nor did "Tardville" sound like it would go over well.

Besides you said you just wanted them to pay money or do chores for you to get "promoted."

Don't try to emulateTom Cruise just to get closer to Dan.

Archived