Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Skins Fans remember this?

RedskinsNAVY28

Did anybody actually like signing Sanders to that huge contract when he was already playing pretty bad in Dallas? :laugh: :laugh:

That year was horrible. We beat both Super Bowl teams, beat the previous years SB champion and the team they beat in the NFCCG, beat 5 playoff teams in a row, we also beat NYG and Philly on the road, that should have been a dominant team.

Then we lost a bunch of games because of a kicker and lost to Dallas, Philly, and NYG at home. :doh: :doh:

OMG..that pic of Deion made me throw up a little in my mouth.

I've never liked Deion..never, ever, ever! I was sick when we signed him...just couldn't believe it! Was so happy to see him and his friggen turf toe go! I still can't stand to watch him..reminds me too much of Irvin(shudder).

Bruce Smith..I liked. He's a local guy. From VA BEACH. But his was past his prime then but managed to pull out a few good moments.

Of course DG...what can I say...Love him...love him ...love him some more!

But I'd just as soon forget about Deion(shudder)

We had a pretty sweet team in '99 that just needed a little tweak here and there. Instead we tried to reinvent the wheel. Baaad memories.... :doh:

a pretty sweet team that had the 2nd to last defense in the NFL. - In 2000 we had the #4 defense in the NFL.

I wonder what a different coach would have done with all that talent?

a pretty sweet team that had the 2nd to last defense in the NFL. - In 2000 we had the #4 defense in the NFL.

I wonder what a different coach would have done with all that talent?

Let's be fair...the coach in 2000 was the same coach from '99, when we won the division and a playoff game. I'm not a Norv defender, because he was a disaster of a coach. But it's hard for me to pin the disaster of 2000 on him, considering the success we had the previous year with supposedly inferior talent.

I think the moves we made in 2000 just upset the delicate balance of the locker room, the team chemistry, etc. I think we established something of an identity as a team in '99 for the first time since Gibbs I, and that identity was squashed by wholesale changes to bring in 35+ year-old vets. Even Vinny C. later admitted that it was a mistake to bring in such aging vets. That's why most of the free agents we've gone after in the years since have been entering their prime rather than exiting their prime.

Yikes...I feel sick just traversing this old ground again. I guess this is what the bye week brings us to... :doh:

Archived