Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theismann is apparently no longer an expert

Bacon

From doing the monday night games? If you're talking about that, he said that they took him off because ESPN wanted a more celebrity sorta broadcast..And when they brought people in the booth, like a celebrity, Theismann said that he wanted to talk football, but they wanted to talk about whats going on now, in the news, not about football.

And that's why I've hated MNF for years. Since the Dennis Miller schtick to the Let's show Charles Barkley in the booth for 10 minutes to talk about black quarterbacks, but not show the game, MNF whether on ESPN or ABC has sucked for about 20 years.

If I want Entertainment Tonight or The Insider, I'd watch those shows. I could care less about their background, where they came from, how poor they are, how many dad's they had or didn't have or how many times their parents took them to practice.

I just want to watch the game and have it called as it is being played. Sunda afternoon games are much better and even better without sideline reporters. Sunday Nights and Monday night telecasts blow. For all the Theismann haters, this proves the man just wanted to call a football game and the networks won't let him. Jaws will be gone after this season and replaced by Carrot Top or Oprah.

Joey T was the only announcer that didn't annoy me. The rest of them are all a bunch of ex-Cowboys or people that don't know anything about football. They barely even showed any of the second half on Monday back in week 2. It was a good 80% talking heads who weren't even talking about football.

ESPN canned him because he had the guts to tell them what he thought, and didn't like the direction ESPN is going in, which is towards entertainment.

Towards entertainment? Ha.

ESPN == Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

They are who we thought they were. Don't be fooled. ;) This is why we're lucky Skins game radio is free on the Net. Turn down the tube and, um, put it on an 8 second delay.

i would rather listen to joe buck and troy aikman than listen to mnf.

and i really dont care how hot kornheiser thinks elizabeth hasselbeck is.

WOW...i know for me personally, i would rather listen to a dentist drill for 8 hours straight then hear aikman and buck ramble on and on.

I mean seriously who watches a football game for the celebrities. :doh:

Probably the same kind of idiots you meet who tell you with a big laugh/grin that they don't give a **** about the superbowl, they watch it for the commercials...while you make plans to go kill yourself because you can't believe how retarded some people can be.

Archived