Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dawkins is no Wolverine

ManleyMann7271

Dawkins was a great player and while he's still pretty decent, he's not at the level he once was. I'm glad he didn't end up like Everett last night, when I saw that quivering I got worried for him.

Dawkins can be cheap every now and then, let's no forget but I don't think it's the malicious cheapness of Roy Williams or Rodney Harrison. Just kind of walking the edge tough-guy stuff like S Dot Taylor.

He's in the twilight of his career so appreciate him while he's here because I don't think he has much longer, at least not at free safety.

It looked like Dawk was quivering face down on the ground....bizarre.

I don't like to see that happen even to a Cowboy or Eagle. That is what happens when you get a "stinger".

Personally, I wouldn't be posturing, flexing, posing and pretending to be some sort of half arsed pro wrestler, if I were about to be steam-rolled by one Mike Sellers. Remember, about 3 years ago when Dawkins body slammed Lavernius Coles?

Looks like BDawk is ok.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20070919_Injuries__Birds_get_good_news.html

Reid said Brian Dawkins, given an MRI exam after suffering a stinger on a fourth-quarter tackle, will be "all right as the week goes on here," with the Eagles facing a huge game Sunday against the 2-0 Detroit Lions and the NFL's top-ranked passing attack.

did anyone else notice that after he got punked by Todd Yoder, it looked like his massive wolverine claws were stuck in the ground!!!!!hahahah

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck

There's a line.

You crossed it.

We as Redskin fans are better than to make fun of someone when they're hurt.

Great play by Yoder, and yes he did truck Dawkins. But to add insult to injury is a bit over the top.

I have nothing but love for Dawkins. Best safety in the league hands down. Hopefully he is okay.

He needs to distinguish tackling receivers from big ass Tight Ends and Fullbacks. He tried to put a hit on Sellers in the first quarter and was simply dropped. Then he injures himself on Yoder.

I think you can play fearless and still tackle smart. Dawkins is a good one but he is too much of a showman. Leaping for no reason etc.

I have nothing but respect for BDawk. He's classy and a team guy. Only thing to hate about him is his team.

I agree... I laugh when he gets trucked and talk trash and what not, but I do have a lot of respect for him. But I HATE the Iggles... However, I also think a lot of people share this opinion (in regards to the respect for Brian Dawkins), and are more annoyed at ESPN's broadcast and voluntary glorifying of the Iggles and complete lack of respect for the Redskins.

i laughed out loud when stuart scott said he is "self proclaimed weapon x"

and is it necessary for him to celebrate every play?

Sean Taylor is too cool for that...if BDawk made the hit that Taylor made, he would be flexing and all that

Keep flexing B-Dawk...musta been checking out your own muscles when Cooley schooled you

well Dawkins celebrates his tackles to get the fans into the game and raise the energy for his team.....Taylor doesnt celebrate because he talks majority of the time on the field and thats not really his style.

Also he didnt get ran over by Sellers or Yoder. He bounced off of Sellers and tackled Yoder from the side which didnt look ran over to me. Yoder just had forward progress from the angle Dawk took. Getting ran over is what Alstott did to Shawn Springs last season and that did not happen on either team monday night.

Dawkins is a stud, simple as that. Easy to make fun after we won.

If Landry can become as good as Dawkins, I would be more than pleased.

About Dawkins getting run over, Yoder and Sellers must have 50 60 lbs on him. What the hell do you expect? him to run away from them "oh noes i don't want to get trucked"

he has to go in for that tackle.

we won, lets enjoy it and look forward to the giants.

About Dawkins getting run over, Yoder and Sellers must have 50 60 lbs on him. What the hell do you expect? him to run away from them "oh noes i don't want to get trucked"

With all the hype they gave him before the game I would have expected him to knock both Sellers and Yoder out of there uniforms simultaneously. :laugh:

Diesel,

The thrid picture from the left in your signature. Is that like an interview they are conducting and then the kid pops out to try to scare them and gets punched in the face? If so thats really funny.

thats exactly what it was. it was supposed to be a prank by the school run tv station and they were surprising students...only this time the surprise was on them....poor trash can kid...

as for Dawkins..much respect to him as a player...he's up there as one of the best at his craft.

Archived