Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Celizic at it again

drkewl

on msnbc.com

"We had thought the NFC East was in danger of losing its reputation as one of the best in the NFL. But if the offense shown by Dallas and New York wasn’t an illusion, that’s not going to be a problem. They’ll be in a lot of games, and they’ll be fun to watch.

I still don’t have much hope for the Deadskins, who had all they could do to beat a thoroughly ordinary Miami team in overtime. But the Eagles now become a team you want to see on the field against New York and Dallas.

"That’s because Philadelphia plays defense. They may have lost their opener to Green Bay, but special team gaffes led to both Packer touchdowns. Other than two mistakes, the Eagles managed Brett Favre quite well, and if you can handle Favre, you can probably handle Romo sits to pee and Manning — or at least make them work for their yards. And Philly’s offense could get healthy in a hurry against the defense Dallas and New York showed."

THE EAGLES? Are you kidding me? Did you not see how we played defense? Oh right, we played an anemic offense... and the packers are the Colts incognito :rolleyes: And the dolphins defense is defintely horrible... they tend to be ranked near the bottom of the league.... Jason Taylor is horrible. We definitely saw our offense's max potential yesterday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Next monday, we will gain some respect. :eaglesuck

Link to full article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20686192/

What is this guy, like 10-years-old with the Deadskins thing? That's what a child might refer to the Skins as, but worse is that of the three teams he is praising (Dallas, NYC and Philly); two of them lost while we won! WTF?!

Unfortunately, there is no place to leave a comment at MSNBC, but man, this guy really p-ed me off with that carp!

This is just another example of bad journalists who just LOVE offensive football. I guess the Cowboys and the Giants are the two best teams in the east because they combined to score like 200 points. What the hell does that say about their defenses? Redskins are a smashmouth team. Stop the run, and run the ball. I couldn't give two ****s about these so-called football analyists.

Except for the stupid 'deadskins' comment, he is just echoing the same sentiment many others are at this point after watching Sunday's game. This was not exactly an inspiring win in the slightest IMO. A win is a win I agree, but we have to play much better than that if we have any aspirations about a post season appearance.

The running game was productive and both backs looked good.

The protection was outstanding for Jason - that's a big plus.

ARE played great - that's another big plus.

Suisham was great too, and yet another big plus.

The defensive play was lackadaisical particularly in the secondary. I'm willing to chalk that up to the zone defense we were in and Springs not starting for whatever reason.

The DL played decent enough at times especially in shutting down Brown, but I still was concerned about the time Trent was given more often than not. We also benefited a great deal by dropped passes by the Dolphins at key times.

I'm willing to believe the defense will become much better, perhaps even dominant, when we allow our CB's to play man again allowing for more blitzing and hopefully some timely turnover's...

on msnbc.com

]I still don’t have much hope for the Deadskins, who had all they could do to beat a thoroughly ordinary Miami team in overtime. But the Eagles now become a team you want to see on the field against New York and Dallas.

Right, because beating an ordinary team like Miami is somehow worse than losing to an ordinary team like Green Bay.

Makes sense to me.

~Bang

Right, because beating an ordinary team like Miami is somehow worse than losing to an ordinary team like Green Bay.

Makes sense to me.

~Bang

:applause:

Well said!

BTW, bang, everytime I see a Peyton Mannin commercial, I'm reminded of your cartoons and I get a chuckle. When are you coming out with a new one btw?

on msnbc.com

"We had thought the NFC East was in danger of losing its reputation as one of the best in the NFL. But if the offense shown by Dallas and New York wasn’t an illusion, that’s not going to be a problem. They’ll be in a lot of games, and they’ll be fun to watch.

I still don’t have much hope for the Deadskins, who had all they could do to beat a thoroughly ordinary Miami team in overtime. But the Eagles now become a team you want to see on the field against New York and Dallas.

"That’s because Philadelphia plays defense. They may have lost their opener to Green Bay, but special team gaffes led to both Packer touchdowns. Other than two mistakes, the Eagles managed Brett Favre quite well, and if you can handle Favre, you can probably handle Romo sits to pee and Manning — or at least make them work for their yards. And Philly’s offense could get healthy in a hurry against the defense Dallas and New York showed."

THE EAGLES? Are you kidding me? Did you not see how we played defense? Oh right, we played an anemic offense... and the packers are the Colts incognito :rolleyes: And the dolphins defense is defintely horrible... they tend to be ranked near the bottom of the league.... Jason Taylor is horrible. We definitely saw our offense's max potential yesterday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Next monday, we will gain some respect. :eaglesuck

Link to full article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20686192/

Let me tell you this Celzic- underestimate Gibbs at your own peril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

I hope we dont get respect- it ticks everyone on this team off, lets us fly under the radar.

Once the passing game gets in synch... watch out! :kungfu:

You'd think that after a victory and a 1-0 record the verbal shots the team takes in the media wouldn't be as loud and unanimous as it was earlier, but almost every recap i've been reading suggest the redskins are a horrible team that either got lucky and/or deserve no respect for the win.

Case in point, ESPN's recap of the game:

"The Redskins got...a 16-13 overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins, though they know they won't get much credit for barely beating a rookie-heavy, rebuilding team with a new coach and a new quarterback.

Both Miami and Washington were last-place teams in 2006, and it showed. Most baffling stat: five unused second-half timeouts at the end of regulation."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270909028

Now i don't expect a lot of praise for the skins after beating the dolphins (a team they should've beat), but why is the unused TOs such a glaring indicator of bad teams? If i remember, the skins were constantly criticized last year for bad clock mgmt and running out of TOs long before the half or regulation ended. Now they end regulation with TOs to use (they only had seconds to work with on the final drive so there wasn't much opportunity to use any timeouts), and they get dissed for that.

So to recap, the redskins win, the eagles lose to an "ordinary" packers club with 500-year old Favre and the cowboys and giants display the defensive competence of a Louisville/Middle Tennessee matchup, and the general consensus is: The cowboys are superior, The giants are fun and exciting, the Eagles have a strong defense and should challenge the cowboys, and the redskins are...well, the Deadskins. :rolleyes:

This guy obviously hates the Redskins, and for a supposed journalist to use a slang term like the Deadskins is extremely unprofessional and the ultimate insult. This guy obviously has something against Gibbs and the Skins and based on this article, shouldn't be allowed to write on the NFC East since his bias is so clear.

Archived